Polewash

Gutter cleaner falls off Australian Premier Rudd's roof
« on: November 02, 2009, 11:06:15 am »
A worker cleaning the roof of the Prime Minister's house in Brisbane has been seriously injured in a fall.

Police say the man was cleaning leaves from the roof just after midday when he slipped and fell several metres to the ground.

He was taken to hospital by ambulance but authorities are not yet revealing the extent of his injuries.

WorkCover Queensland is investigating the accident.

A spokesman for the Prime Minister says Mr Rudd and his family are concerned for the injured worker.

"This morning there was a terrible accident involving a tradesman cleaning the gutters at the Rudd family house in Brisbane," he said.

"Following the accident an ambulance was called and the tradesman involved is now receiving medical treatment in a Brisbane hospital.

"This was a serious accident and as is appropriate both the Queensland Police and WorkCover Queensland were immediately notified."

He should have used a Gutter Vac   :o
John

Re: Gutter cleaner falls off Australian Premier Rudd's roof
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 12:40:24 pm »
Probably to many tinnies.....

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 11:19:17 pm »
Of coarse this is country where the term "GUTTER VAC" originated, before others jumped on the band wagon!!!! about 10 years later claiming to have spent 1000's coming up with such an original term!!!

mark dew

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 01:48:41 am »
john, i'm looking for your humour in your post. My condolences go to the man and his family.
The humour came after.  ;D

Polewash

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 04:48:48 am »
john, i'm looking for your humour in your post. My condolences go to the man and his family.
The humour came after.  ;D

Opened up a can of worms I did  ;D ;D.

There is a guy near me in Perth that has been cleaning gutters with some sort of vacuum cleaner for years. I did see a real fancy system on a small truck, it was on the freeway and I couldn't get close enough to have a good look but it did say gutter cleaning. It had a big drum on the back mounted at about 45 degrees from memory. Looked brand new too. I'm not getting into this argument just passing on the info. haven't seen or heard how the cleaner is today.

John

PS Had a browse this is the type of thing I was talking about.  http://www.housewashing.com.au/?page=63

Glyn H

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 07:29:08 am »
http://www.housewashing.com.au/?page=63

Thank you this confirms my post.

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 07:50:14 am »
Im confused. What does that page prove?

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 07:59:16 am »
Come on Glynn,that web site just proves that in Oz they use systems where they can climb on roofs to do the job.Do you think that no one in Australia would have ever thought of attaching a pole to the tube so that they can use it from the safety of the ground.
I know you find it hard to believe that i saw what i did way back in the early nineties,but i do not need to argue the point,i know what was being used,ok it may not have been as sofisticated and modern like your system,but nevertheless i know what was being used....but it really makes no differance to me anyway if you take someone to court or not over your design.

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 09:30:42 am »
Craig Trevain wrote
Of coarse this is country where the term "GUTTER VAC" originated, before others jumped on the band wagon!!!! about 10 years later claiming to have spent 1000's coming up with such an original term!!!
Craig
You claimed  through your solicitor that you first used a  gutter vac in 2000 after getting the idea from an "Australian friend", when in actual fact on the 13th October you were begging for help on this forum and Daniel Worgan replied with his claim to having seen a system in Australia.
He has no proof of this as no company producing a professional guttervac system exists in Australia.
 If it was available then Australian and New Zealand contractors would not be regulary purchassing from us and asking for distributorship rights.
You also claimed through your solicitor  that the Australian franchise company GutterVac actually uses Guttervacs and this was the source where you got your idea from.
You are obviously a stranger to the truth
It  is clear to anyone that looks at the Australian or New Zealand website that in both these nations they stand on roofs and blow or vac  the debris out of gutters.
Your bad copy of our original guttervac design is a blatent copy of our original design as the  drawings filed by our patent attourney will prove to the  court.

It was very foolish of you to make the claims to your solicetor without even bothering to check the facts.

No no Glyn, asking for a link not begging for help, the friend from oz told us of a company in his country that used a vac with a hose to clean gutters, so that we started doing by carrying the long hose up the ladder to Vac out guttering, NO BEGGING TOOK PLACE.

Then with the onset of the new working at height guide lines companies started to think of ways of cutting out the ladder part using many different concepts, Ionics, Brodex, Us, You, DIY, Numatic, Varitech, And a few more have it in the pipe line.

Glyn H

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 09:31:32 am »
The whole purpose of the conception of the Omnipole GutterVac was for Health and Safety reasons. Which is why the Health & Safety Exective whent to the expense of producing a film of the GutterVac operating four years ago and then sent out 30,000  DVDs to the largest maintenace contractors and facility management companies in the UK.

Australians standing on a roof top blowing or vacumming debris from gutters is the exact opposite of our equipment, this is the reason why Australia and New Zealand are our third largest market place.

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 09:39:02 am »
Im to bored to awnser. YAWN

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 10:02:58 am »
The whole purpose of the conception of the Omnipole GutterVac was for Health and Safety reasons. Which is why the Health & Safety Exective whent to the expense of producing a film of the GutterVac operating four years ago and then sent out 30,000  DVDs to the largest maintenace contractors and facility management companies in the UK.

Australians standing on a roof top blowing or vacumming debris from gutters is the exact opposite of our equipment, this is the reason why Australia and New Zealand are our third largest market place.

It proves nothing about your product/legalities/patents or anything else that you habitually spout on here Glyn.

All that page proves is that there is a crowd in Oz that clean gutters with a leaf blower whilst standing on rooves. Bugger all to do with ImpotentVac.

Probably there are guys in the UK the same, but it doesnt have any relevance to your product.

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 10:44:24 am »
Probably will not get an answer on this but...
What is actually being contested legally here?

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 11:18:18 am »
Glyn

I have just read your comment again, and see that your hinting to everyone on here that it is IP infringment you want to take action on, NO ITS PASSING OFF your trying for as you think every one that purchases a polarvak thinks their buying a omni vac when this has never been the case, because we started by calling our product a Gutter Vak, you keep on with this B##l S### ill scan your solicitors letter onto here, to show all, that you can do nothing people putting a vac with a hose , its the gutter vac passing off you are pursuing, WE DID NOT COPY YOUR FIRST DESIGN, you have never had a retro fit type design. And i strongly refute your comment that our product is bad, i shall pass these comments onto Numatic today.

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 11:31:20 am »
That makes more sense craig.....
So basically it has nothing to do with a hose on a vacuum which i saw many years before they were introduced into the uk it is just about using the name/term....get it now...lol

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 11:41:06 am »
Yes the non original generic term.

johnmaggy

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 01:23:13 pm »
Instead of bickering about who did what and when and who said what and why can someone give me some advice on getting the jobs with a vac in the first place as everyone we approach looks at us as tho we are mad when we say we are going to use a vac to suck out the muck, have tried ads in the local press, have tried leaflets, have tried website, have tried ringing round what shall i try next, am thinking of offering it free when they have there drive cleaned just so I can get people to see it in action. Must add the few jobs we have done people do seem impressed.

wizard

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 02:33:50 pm »
GLYN PLEASE MATE, STOP THIS CR.P IT’S JUST TO MUCH, FIGHT SOME WHERE ELSE. You are like a record you go on and on. You are doing your Company more harm than good. If you are so bent on this fight phone the man and have your fight. But we do not need it.

wizard

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 02:41:24 pm »
DIRTY WASHING BELONG IN A WASHING MECHINE.IT SMELLS IN PUBLIC.

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 04:18:36 pm »
Quote from: Glyn H

Why not write the same to Craig who has continued to snipe at me in virtually every post he has made over the last month.

Because Craig has no need to try to project an image of professionalism and integrity on here, like the vast majority who frequent this forum.

Unfortunately we are your customers Glyn, you need to slow down mate for your own good.

I would expect to be out of business if I spoke to my customers in the same way you speak to some on here, whether you agree with them or not, you need to wind it in. I say that simply for your own good. You dont have to heed any advice, its simply given with your interest in mind.

matt

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 04:45:43 pm »
it consists of :

a hoover ( wet and dry style )

some pipe

let face facts, you can pop to wickes and buy ALL the kit to do the job for domestic houses

i might aswell say i designed a round thing that helps my cart move along

ftp

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 05:05:57 pm »
Where's my letter? I've got a vacuum cleaner, some pipes and some hose so what laws am I breaching?

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 05:08:32 pm »
The same ones as every housewife/househusband/interior cleaner etc etc  ;D  ;D

Didnt you know if you stick a gert long hose on a vacuum cleaner you likely to have to spend time at Her Majestys Pleasure and have to do porridge. So there! Its against the law you know.

matt

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 05:24:16 pm »
i once designed dust extraction system for a workshop i worked in

it consisted of a massive hoover and drainpipe to a big cupboard that had 2 big box's in it

this was in the early 90's

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 06:22:15 pm »
In a post about a guy who's been seriously injured, is it really appropriate to continue this stupid bitching?

I'm MUCH more concerned with the well-being of a fellow worker than this girly "mine's bigger than yours" stuff.

Please, Glyn. Stop it. You're showing a real lack of respect for an Aussie colleague.

Glyn H

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 06:37:31 pm »
This forum is amazing
Someone posts outragious Racist comments about a member of our staff  ( now I guess removed by moderators)
And I am the one that takes the flack.

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 06:40:41 pm »
Someone posts outragious Racist comments about a member of our staff 

Hi Glyn,

I must have missed the racist comments? Were there any??

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 06:45:13 pm »
Excuse me one second whilst I post some rascist comments

A Scotsman, an Englishman and an Irishman find a wizard on the top of a tall cliff. The wizard orders them to jump off the cliff, but he also promises that if they say anything while falling, they will get it at the bottom of the cliff. So first, the Englishman jumps off the cliff and shouts, "Pillows!" and so he lands on some pillows. Then the Scotsman jumps off the cliff, and he shouts, "Hay!" and so he lands on some hay. Finally the Irishman runs to jump off the cliff, but he trips on a rock just before the jump and says, "Aw, poope!"

Scotsman, an Englishman and an Irishman were discussing the infidelity of their wives. "I think my wife is having an affair with an electrician", said the Englishman, "because I found an electrician's toolbox under her bed last night." "I think my wife is having an affair with a plumber", said the Scotsman, "because last night I found a plunger under her bed". "I think my wife is having an affair with a horse", said the Irishman, "because last night I found a jockey under her bed."

n Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman are sitting in a bar. Suddenly, a fly dives into their beers. The Englishman says, "Barman, a fly just dived into my beer. Bring me another one." The Englishman got another beer. The Irishman says, "Ah, to hell with it," and empties his pint, fly and all. The Scotsman pulls the fly out of his beer, shakes it up and down, and screams, "Spit it out, damn you! Spit it out!" (This time playing on the stereotypical Scottish thriftiness.)

An Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman are all walking along together when they encounter a slide in front of a pool. The Englishman decides to give it a try and shouts as he slides down "Beer!" and lands in a pool of beer. The Scotsman sees this and has a go himself. As he slides down cries out "Whisky!", and lands in a pool of whisky. The Irishman, having seen this, decides to have a go to, as it looks like fun. As he slides down, he cries out "Weeeeeee!"

Paddy Englishman, Paddy Irishman and Paddy Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman turns around and says: "What is this, some kind of joke?"

Paddy Englishman and Paddy Scotsman both walk into a bar. Paddy Irishman ducks under it.

Paddy Englishman, Paddy Scotsman and a Rabbi walk into a bar. The Rabbi stops and says "I think I'm in the wrong joke".

An Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman walk into a bar. The Englishman has a sword, the Scotsman has an axe, and the Irishman has a bomb. The Englishman throws his sword out the window and leaves. On his way home, he finds a little boy crying. "Oh, what is the matter, poor child?" "A sword flew out of the sky and it landed on my father..." the boy sobs. The Englishman walks home. The Scotsman throws his axe out the window and walks home. On his way home, he finds a little girl crying. "Dear lass, what's the matter?" he asks. "An axe fell out of the sky and it landed on my brother..." The Scotsman walks home. The Irishman throws his bomb out the window and leaves. On his way home, he finds a little boy laughing hysterically. "What's so funny, lad?" he asks. "I went to the loo and my house blew up.

bobby p

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 06:46:04 pm »
ive not been on here long, but its a friendly site . however EACH  one of your posts are HOSTILE  glyn h,     thats no way to drum up business mate is it

Halfadaylee

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2009, 07:14:29 pm »
I havent been here long either, just browsing really, I cannot believe that this guy Glyn is the owner of Omnipole; with all his back stabbing and stupid childish remarks.

I will certainly steer a wide berth from them if this is how they operate. What a fool, to himself mainly it would seem.

GE Windows.
aw dont tell him that, its what most of us think but its fun to watch his marketing skills!

matt

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 07:47:50 pm »
I havent been here long either, just browsing really, I cannot believe that this guy Glyn is the owner of Omnipole; with all his back stabbing and stupid childish remarks.

I will certainly steer a wide berth from them if this is how they operate. What a fool, to himself mainly it would seem.

GE Windows.

glyn isnt really that bad, he does try to help his customers

it does amaze me that he has built such a successfull biz, i guess his down to earth approach must work

GE Windows.
aw dont tell him that, its what most of us think but its fun to watch his marketing skills!

;D ;D ;D its true

matt

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2009, 07:50:32 pm »
This forum is amazing

its the members that make it so good  ;)

Someone posts outragious Racist comments about a member of our staff  ( now I guess removed by moderators)
And I am the one that takes the flack.

is he a member of your staff then, he only looked about 10, is he very very short ? ? ? ? ? ( a vertically challenged person i believe is the correct term )

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2009, 08:08:05 pm »
Perhaps Glyns employing underage people from the continent of Africa, thats illegal  ;D  ;D

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2009, 08:12:28 pm »
Craig Trevain wrote
Craig
You claimed  through your solicitor that you first used a  gutter vac in 2000 after getting the idea from an "Australian friend", when in actual fact on the 13th October you were begging for help on this forum and Daniel Worgan replied with his claim to having seen a system in Australia.
He has no proof of this as no company producing a professional guttervac system exists in Australia.
 If it was available then Australian and New Zealand contractors would not be regulary purchassing from us and asking for distributorship rights.
You also claimed through your solicitor  that the Australian franchise company GutterVac actually uses Guttervacs and this was the source where you got your idea from.
You are obviously a stranger to the truth
It  is clear to anyone that looks at the Australian or New Zealand website that in both these nations they stand on roofs and blow or vac  the debris out of gutters.
Your bad copy of our original guttervac design is a blatent copy of our original design as the  drawings filed by our patent attourney will prove to the  court.

It was very foolish of you to make the claims to your solicetor without even bothering to check the facts.

First of all Glynn WHY would guttervac manufacturers have to get distributor rights from YOU!!!
Doesn't your product simply vac gutters out???
YOUR ORIGINAL guttervac design, this is simply a vacuum cleaner like every other industrial vacuum cleaner, just with a 40ft hose.
With regards to standing on roofs etc I will add a youtube video of Americans using an industrial vacuum to clean gutters from the safety of the ground, including extra long hoses and a highly strengthed tubing!!!!
If you have a problem with the Vac why not take it up with ALL industrial vacuum cleaner manufacturers, like numatic and Dyson?????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GitfhGzLKqQ&feature=related

Also when did you design the omnivac???
have a look at www.jgcleaners.com

Will you be trying to sue him next??????
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Elginn

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 08:17:01 pm »
I can't see what all the fuss is about  ::) Its a hoover on a stick  ::) Get a grip Glyn

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2009, 08:28:09 pm »
Glynn there are more manufacturers in this country offering this type of VACUUM CLEANER so not everyone in the UK buys from you, so why do you think just because a few people in Australia want to buy an OMNIVAC from you there's no one else manufacturing it in Australia?

You must have one huge EGO Glynn.
From my view point you look like you are trying to have the monopoly on this. as long as vacuum cleaner manufacturers still produce vac's you will never have the monopoly.
Oh buy the way your patent is pending and not yet accepted!!

LOL

Glynn have a peek at this website, this guy has patent pending on an adaptor for use with a normal household vacuum cleaner!
www.gutterclutterbuster.com

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 08:44:35 pm »
The concept was actually patented in 1976:
http://www.google.co.uk/patents?id=ZPo7AAAAEBAJ

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2009, 08:54:33 pm »
The bitching that goes on between the main uk based wfp producers really cracks me up.
Year in year out they spend more time lining the pockets of lawyers whilst argueing with each other. Then when they've exhausted chasing each other through the courts they turn on the everyday end user.
You lot, that'll be Omnipole, Ionics etc really get on my t-ts.
IT'S A WET'n'DRY VACUUM CLEANER WITH A RIGID TUBE hardly rocket science. I was using an old carpet cleaning machine with tubes attached to a pole (to suck out gutters) long before all this 'I own the rights to vacuuming gutters' started.

Henry Ford really cocked up big style didn't he when he didn't patient the mass production of the motor cars. Or have I missed something and Volvo, BMW etc etc all have to make a payment to Fords in order to produce motor cars?  

wizard

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 08:55:53 pm »
I will never buy from OMNI POLE or VAC asa long as I disagree points south because try doing busness with Glin Gup $00 post so I can just complain about his service.aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh frustrated.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2009, 08:21:20 am »

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2009, 08:34:30 am »
Perhaps Glyns employing underage people from the continent of Africa, thats illegal  ;D  ;D
that is just such a stupid thing to say >:( >:( >:(

if you are in government it's quite alright ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2009, 08:35:33 am »
 ;D ;D

Glyn H

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2009, 08:42:08 am »
Matt Bateman
The man you refered to as looking like he was covered in dirt from a gutter in the photograph writes and speaks three European languages fluently and was a School teacher in Paris before joining our company five years ago  he is 41 years old.

How many languages do you speak Matt? do you have a University Education?

Your comments about him  are an outrage,its a shame the moderators removed what you wrote because you could have been arrested for race hate.
If you are a customer of ours you are not welcome anymore

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2009, 08:48:19 am »
You are a half-arsed witless fool Glyn (IMO).

You couldnt see a joke if it slapped you in the face.

Im sure that someone who speaks 3 foreign languages and has a university education has more sense than to work in the labour market for you at no more than £7.00 an hour.

Get real Mr.

You're trying to convince others of total garbage, like that rubbish regarding your fancy numpty machine of a hoover that you think is oh so special and clever its worthy of a patent. ITS A HOOVER DUH!! They were invented whilst you were still wetting yourself in nappies.

Oh btw the way I do speak foreign languages actually, after having lived and worked on the continent.

Now answer the questions put to you recently by Nat and MB.

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2009, 08:51:42 am »
Hi Glyn,
a bit of the old friendly ;),
I would just stop on this thread. It's obviously something very sensitive to you( i don't know all the facts so not getting into it), but I feel you are not doing your rep any good. Just let everyone have their say, and ignore it. it will get old quick :)

EZclean

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2009, 08:57:23 am »
No reply to that Glyn?

;D ;D ;D ;D

NEWSFLASH

Donald.E.Davis has just been issued a summons for 'Passing Off' his Patented invention of 1976 as a complete copy of the CrapVac made by OmniCack
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

Glyn H

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2009, 08:57:59 am »
Matt Bateman
making comments about people being coverd in dirt because they were born with black skin is not a joke.

EZclean

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2009, 09:00:56 am »
Al Jolson was funny

'Mammy'  ;D

EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2009, 09:08:22 am »

Yes it is.

Additionally if I made a joke about you and your witless personality it would also be funny.

An Englishman, a Scotsman, and Glyn H are all builders working on a bridge. The Englishman opens his lunch-box and says, "If I get one more tuna sandwich, I'm going to jump off this bridge." The Scotsman opens his lunch box and says, "If I get one more ham sandwich, I'm going to jump off this bridge." Glyn H then says, "If I get one more egg sandwich, I'm going to jump off this bridge." The next day, all three get the same lunch, all three jump off the bridge, and all three die. At their funeral, the Englishman's wife says, "If only I'd known he didn't like tuna." The Scotsman's wife says, "If only I'd known he didn't like ham." Glyn H's wife says, "I don't understand it. He made his own sandwiches.

Am I going to get a solicitors letter now?  ;D ;D

However posting someones personal details on a website isnt funny. See!! Mr Bloomin' Perfect.

Now answer the questions that have been put to you.

Polewash

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2009, 01:22:04 pm »
I'm not quite sure how my original post got so out of hand but I have to admit its entertaining.

I should lock it, but I'll let it run a bit longer. I haven't heard any more word on the guy that fell, so no news is good news I suppose.

John

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2009, 01:56:55 pm »
That is good news.

Im sorry if i helped sturr things up,

As a Manurfacturer/supplyer it is frustrating when we come up with something that is a handy tool at a decent price, and are accused of passing off, while i admit its not a new idea (because of the 1976 pattern) , and been around for thirty something years, by no means have we tried to pass off, we think the concept of a retrofit end is a good one so domestic window cleaners can use their existing investment (their WFP).

We have also sold them to traditional window cleaners that carry the hose end up the ladder to clean, aswell as  to WFP window cleaners, aswell as being great for gully's, lawns etc.

So i am safe in the knowledge that when somebody buys a Polarvak they know they are buying a Polarvak, and no other.

So it would be nice to just be left alone and not pesterd by another supplyers solicitor claiming nonsence, before this when we were asked if ours could go 45' + (commercial) we would say no but heres a company in London that produce a totally different concept better for high guttering, because i think theres plenty of market for all companies involved with vacuum cleaners that are tweaked to clean guttering.

We have worked with Numatic on parts of our system i.e the wet/dry unit, the cuff fit cyclone inlet, the end tooling, we buy the hose, and manurfacture the retrofit part, which i think im right in saying no one else has done, however it has not been patterned because i think our prices are competitive enough that why would somebody copy.

If other companies wish to, they can because we hope that our brand and after sales service will mean we can have a small share of the market.

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2009, 01:57:24 pm »
You will never get a straight reply from Glynn.I put the same question to him many times and he allways waffles around the original question with stuff like he is doing now.He hasn't got the answers thats why....
Matt what you going to do now you are banned from being a customer of omnipole...lol....

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2009, 02:11:50 pm »
I'm going to buy myself some popcorn for tonight, then I'm going to read the posts on here as it's more entertaining than the tv this.  ;D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2009, 02:19:30 pm »
No reply to that Glyn?

Avoiding the question and trying to change the subject by making wildly inaccurate accusations about supposed racist remarks (Yes I saw the original post and it was meant in a joking and completely inoffensive manner) isn't going to win you any support Glyn.

The fact remains that the concept was patented before Omnipole was even in existence. I'd wish Craig luck in his dealings with the solicitors, but its clear he won't need it.

cozy

« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2009, 02:42:06 pm »
I'm going to buy myself some popcorn for tonight, then I'm going to read the posts on here as it's more entertaining than the tv this.  ;D

Liverpool playing tonight, have to check this thread out at half time lol. I thought I was windup merchant till I started reading this! ;D

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2009, 02:44:36 pm »
Avoiding the question and trying to change the subject by making wildly inaccurate accusations about supposed racist remarks (Yes I saw the original post and it was meant in a joking and completely inoffensive manner) isn't going to win you any support Glyn.

Thanks Nat  ;)

« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2009, 03:38:00 pm »
Matt what you going to do now you are banned from being a customer of omnipole...lol....

I liked what the Craig fella had to say actually, I fancy a trip tp Oz, I might bring back a big 'oover with me  ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2009, 03:49:13 pm »
i dont know wether to laugh or cry,what a carry-on.
 :P :P :P :P :P

matt

« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2009, 07:28:23 pm »
i guess you can have patents in different countries can you  ? ? ?? ?

as this looks like a gutter vac

http://www.google.co.uk/patents?id=FbEMAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4&source=gbs_overview_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Patent number: 6519809
Filing date: 26 Jun 2001
Issue date: 18 Feb 2003

matt

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2009, 07:30:59 pm »
but then again you have this

http://www.google.co.uk/patents?id=ZPo7AAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4&source=gbs_overview_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Patent number: 3971098
Filing date: 11 Feb 1974
Issue date: 27 Jul 1976

matt

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2009, 07:31:49 pm »
and this

http://www.google.co.uk/patents?id=P1AlAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4&source=gbs_overview_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Patent number: 5056187
Filing date: 31 Aug 1990
Issue date: 15 Oct 1991

its looking like this gutter vac thing isnt that new

Frankybadboy

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2009, 07:48:54 pm »
matt you got to much time on your hands m8 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

eclipse

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2009, 08:24:43 pm »
with an attitude and mannerism that you seem to have Glynn i am suprised you have any customers PERIOD..
when i was looking to buy a system i actually looked at your kit and then i read some of your previous comments towards members on here and i bought elswhere..
im more than happy with the set up i bought elsewhere and i have no quarms reccommending  the company i bought from
Had your previous comments and posts come across as (I am high and mighty and i look down on you) then i would have maybe bought from you in the mean-time i would concentrate on removing that huge chip from your shoulders and perhaps toning down a little....  ::) ::) ::)

matt

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2009, 09:34:50 pm »
matt you got to much time on your hands m8 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tell me about  ;) ;)

ftp

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2009, 09:41:35 pm »
and this

http://www.google.co.uk/patents?id=P1AlAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4&source=gbs_overview_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q=&f=false

its looking like this gutter vac thing isnt that new

Patently obvious.

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2009, 09:43:53 pm »
So ?? ?? ?? That means that someones been telling porky pies?  ;D

Oh I am disappointed in you Glyn. You were such a pretty baby, whatever happened in between, where did it all go wrong?  :-*

Glyn H

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2009, 10:21:20 pm »

We live in the United Kingdom
We are governed under English Law
The United Kingdom Patent's are registered at the Patent Office in LONDON

Our Patent attorney is based in New Oxford Street W1
Our Trade Mark attorney is based in Chersey, Surrey
you will notice that none of these are in the United States Of America

We live and work  a whole different country from the USA we are not quite yet the 51st State

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2009, 10:29:19 pm »
Glyn,.. you gave me hassle when trying to design a logo for Guild members with the words "Gutter Vac" in it,.. in an attempt to promote/market the service, not any particular product.

I don't live in the UK,... so I'm confused,...

When it suits you, your IP rights extend outside the UK to me,.. but when it doesn't suit you other ppls IP rights are resticted to the country they live in?

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2009, 10:30:10 pm »
Selective something or another I guess Nat.

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2009, 10:31:03 pm »
So in theory are you saying it is ok to copy an idea from a different country?
But it's not ok if you are based in the UK to copy UK patients

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2009, 10:37:05 pm »
The "Nat Vac" will be on sale Monday,.. shipping from Ireland may take a few days, so get your orders in quick!! :p

Glyn H

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2009, 10:37:30 pm »
I don't live in the UK,... so I'm confused,..
We have an CTM  not a TM
Is that clearer?

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2009, 10:38:23 pm »

You want an answer to that question Neil  :'(

« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2009, 10:38:37 pm »
You posted this whilst I was typing mine out, so now I'm even more peed off.
Are you saying Omnipole stopped you using the words 'Guttervac'?
If so I'm surprised Omni have gone down the same route as the Reach & Reach group who have patented those exact words. >:(

Glyn,.. you gave me hassle when trying to design a logo for Guild members with the words "Gutter Vac" in it,.. in an attempt to promote/market the service, not any particular product.

I don't live in the UK,... so I'm confused,...

When it suits you, your IP rights extend outside the UK to me,.. but when it doesn't suit you other ppls IP rights are resticted to the country they live in?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2009, 10:40:21 pm »
I don't live in the UK,... so I'm confused,..
We have an CTM  not a TM
Is that clearer?

Not really,.. whats a CTM?

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2009, 10:41:21 pm »

You want an answer to that question Neil  :'(

Would be nice but I guess looking through the thread there are still some unanswered questions already ???

Glyn H

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2009, 10:45:06 pm »
http://www.ipo.gov.uk/crime.htm

I was hoping for a direct link to your listing,.. I've searched and found nothing registered for Omni, Guttervac, Omnipole, Omnivac,....

« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2009, 10:48:35 pm »
do the last four pages have anything to do with this thread, or is it now just a peeing contest.
I'll show you my patent if you show me yours ::)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2009, 10:49:12 pm »
glyn h i have n't got a guttervac and have no intention of buying one any time soon

but from the way these topics are heading my friend i think you are doing your business more harm than good

i would resign from the forum and advertise elsewhere mate, some people obviously have no intention of buying your product and just wanna pick holes in it

hope you dont take this the wrong way i know there are 2 sides to everything and you are picked on a bit but its not helping your reputation the debates that are on here :o

matt

« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2009, 10:50:00 pm »

We live in the United Kingdom
We are governed under English Law
The United Kingdom Patent's are registered at the Patent Office in LONDON

Our Patent attorney is based in New Oxford Street W1
Our Trade Mark attorney is based in Chersey, Surrey
you will notice that none of these are in the United States Of America

We live and work  a whole different country from the USA we are not quite yet the 51st State

this 1 has a foreign patent number ( UK )

was this before or after you started to market the gutter vac ? ? ? ?

Glyn H

« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2009, 10:50:56 pm »
Do you lot think you are shareholders in my Companies?
Or my mates?
You are nothing to me,you are not our customers  and you will never will be.

But somehow you think I should post information about my Companies assets and goodwill , to make your lives more exciting.

Neil Williams isnt even a window cleaner any more so what interest it is to him or why he should be peeed off by my business is very strange.

I remember his post where he said to me that  he was discuissing me with another local window cleaner...... Is that wierd or what!

Get life's

matt

« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2009, 10:52:29 pm »
glyn

as i am a jolly decent bloke

i have just found this site

http://www.homeimprovementsdepot.com/how-to-make-a-gutter-cleaning-vacuum/

you might want to get your legal team on to it

david washbrook

« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2009, 10:54:12 pm »
glyn this is off topic but have you any idea when you will be getting the parts for your vac system in stock as im in desperate need of a system

thanks
dave

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2009, 10:55:14 pm »
Defo not a mate Glyn.

I'm not asking for info on your assets,.. simply a patent number or IP registration. These documents are public anyway and the information contained within could in no way harm your company.
The only thing that could harm your business is if you didn't have them,... which I suspect is the case. In which case you're just being an arrogant bully.

matt

« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2009, 10:55:50 pm »
Or my mates?

But somehow you think I should post information about my Companies assets and goodwill , to make your lives more exciting.

Neil Williams isnt even a window cleaner any more so what interest it is to him or why he should be peeed off by my business is very strange.

I remember his post where he said to me that  he was discuissing me with another local window cleaner...... Is that wierd or what!

Get lives

i couldnt find my standard pic ( its gone from my bookmarks  :( )

but i have found this

« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2009, 10:57:44 pm »
Or my mates?
You are nothing to me,you are not our customers  and you will never will be

Get lives

you are angry, fair enough, I think i see torches and pitch forks.
the above, however WAS uncalled for

matt

« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2009, 10:57:52 pm »

glyn this is off topic but have you any idea when you will be getting the parts for your vac system in stock as im in desperate need of a system

thanks
dave

glyn dont be so harsh, looks like dave wants a system of you

wfp master

« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2009, 10:58:48 pm »

thanks
dave
try comet or currys  ;D ;D ;D :o :o

« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2009, 11:00:34 pm »

I still do a very small amount, actually I sold off all the domestic stuff but kept back some of the commercial so I can still clean windows.
Actually i post on here to help those with my experiences.
As for the other sentence please enlighten me as I don't recall what exactly you are getting at here.
As it is I'm not having a go at you personally but I'm totally surprised that you have taken on the attitude of Craig M with this attitude of patients based on common words. I can understand Omnivac being patented but not gutter vacuuming

Glyn H

« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2009, 11:00:50 pm »

thanks
dave

Hi Dave
 we are awaiting a consignnent of the 100mm inlets, they should be on their way to us either Friday 6th or Monday 9th for arrival later next week which hopfully means we should be able to supply you early in the week commencing 16th November.

matt

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2009, 11:01:06 pm »
Or my mates?
You are nothing to me,you are not our customers  and you will never will be

Get lives

you are angry, fair enough, I think i see torches and pitch forks.
the above, however WAS uncalled for

matt

« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2009, 11:02:11 pm »

thanks
dave
try comet or currys  ;D ;D ;D :o :o

Oi !!!! i will do the jokes  ;D ;D ;D

david washbrook

« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2009, 11:03:02 pm »
thanks glyn i will contact the office tomorrow

thanks

matt

« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2009, 11:11:47 pm »
thanks glyn i will contact the office tomorrow

thanks

for all the people who wonder why glyn posts on here, this is the reason, he has made a sale

so lets not think he is hard done-by

david washbrook

« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2009, 11:14:29 pm »
i have also given ionics the chance but waiting for 3 weeks and still no answer is enough to pee any1 off

matt

« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2009, 11:19:18 pm »
i have also given ionics the chance but waiting for 3 weeks and still no answer is enough to pee any1 off

the gutter vac is a far better product that the gutter keeper anyway imho

so a good choice

david washbrook

« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2009, 11:21:39 pm »
thanks matt i have asked lots of questions and spoke to people who have used either system just wish i didnt have to wait another 2 weeks as i have customers nagging me now

eclipse

« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2009, 11:34:20 pm »
thanks matt i have asked lots of questions and spoke to people who have used either system just wish i didnt have to wait another 2 weeks as i have customers nagging me now

if they start nagging too much just send glynn round seems he is very good with people skills and knows just how to talk people round with his manners and charm

im sure he can keep em sweet for you   ;D ;D

ftp

« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2009, 07:22:58 am »
I thought fireworks were supposed to be on the 5th?  ;D

« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2009, 07:30:15 am »
The hole just gets deeper and deeper....

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2009, 08:23:47 am »
So how is the poor sod who took a tumble  ???

Elginn

« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2009, 09:08:42 am »
I'm in the process of building my own GUTTER-VAC and I will call it a GUTTER-VAC and I'll put the words GUTTER-VAC onto my van.

So Mr Glyn Sue me??? Until you show a patent pending number that should be in the patents pending list and as yet I have been unable to trace it, then I will continue to call it a GUTTER-VAC.

I certainly wouldn't buy one from you with what I have read on here, what a disgusting attitude to take towards potential customers and as you say we are not your customers then why not delete your account and look else where for your business  ::)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2009, 04:47:02 pm »
i think that glyn could take a leaf out of alex or brads book about custmor service, ;) ;) ;) ;)

Mr H

« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2009, 05:35:25 pm »
glyn

as i am a jolly decent bloke

i have just found this site

http://www.homeimprovementsdepot.com/how-to-make-a-gutter-cleaning-vacuum/

you might want to get your legal team on to it

That one is a bit bulky.
Try this one as its already on the forum and is a lot lighter...
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=51156.0

Regards
Mr H

ftp

« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2009, 06:12:32 pm »
Here's a famous Glyn quote for the doubters out there:

I invented the concept of cleaning gutters using a vacuum system in 2001 and am protected within the EC with this regard, I am also protected by filed patents on several of the componants If I was foolish enouth to divulge what the protection covered I would be nulifying the applications

Elginn

« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2009, 06:23:15 pm »
Here's a famous Glyn quote for the doubters out there:

I invented the concept of cleaning gutters using a vacuum system in 2001 and am protected within the EC with this regard, I am also protected by filed patents on several of the componants If I was foolish enouth to divulge what the protection covered I would be nulifying the applications

He has already been proved wrong on this point with several links posted here from the patent office.

So what do you say to this Gyln?? Who invented it or did you Just copy the idea from someone else???

Halfadaylee

« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2009, 06:39:13 pm »
I think it time to stop hounding our Glyn on this one.
Every week or two he pops up with stupid quotes and then demonstrates his legendary personal skills.
I am bored of this now but I already looking forward to his next gaff and I'm sure it will be along shortly
Art

wizard

« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2009, 07:02:35 pm »
Glin grow up before you grow old. Life is short.

« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2009, 08:18:20 pm »
Come on Glyn we know you are watching...why not answer some questions,get it out in the open mate...

matt

« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2009, 08:40:05 pm »
I think it time to stop hounding our Glyn on this one.
Every week or two he pops up with stupid quotes and then demonstrates his legendary personal skills.
I am bored of this now but I already looking forward to his next gaff and I'm sure it will be along shortly
Art

think of another subject then  ;)

or will we see a rehash of the gutter vac in 2 weeks time ;)

« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2009, 11:25:36 am »
Polewash

How is the guy who fell off the roof?

Off to twickers shortly to see England beat Oz!!!!

Craig

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2009, 08:02:48 pm »
Where was the original article/news item found? There may be an update there?

Hope the guy is ok.

Polewash

« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2009, 11:14:43 am »
Polewash

How is the guy who fell off the roof?

Off to twickers shortly to see England beat Oz!!!!

Craig

Sorry Guys

I can't find any info about the guy. Every media outlet ran with the story but no follow up. Hopefully nothing too serious.

John

« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2009, 11:18:11 am »
I guess if he had died the news outlets would have publicised that.