jdemarco

Re: How i earnt thousands more per year with the same amount of customers
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 07:47:25 pm »
Ok have your fun. Only trying to help. If you dont want to listen then dont. Im running a very successful business more successfull than i ever thought possible.  i just want to pass my knowledge on to help teachable people who want to earn more and build an empire. If i come across as cocky and big headed then i apoligize im just enthusiastic about my business and i know what you can achieve. if you dont know whats possible you wont exert yourself you just make do with what you got. Im your messiah!!!

ronnie paton

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 07:55:26 pm »
im sorry but i dont agree and if the customers have brains they will click on im pretty sure mine would.

I dont really think its the way to run a business on lies thats just my opinion!

Davew

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2007, 08:01:50 pm »
Jdemarco, we all want to succeed and all look for inspiration thanks for your concern. The problem is first off your spouting unbelievable figures for a virtual sole trader (paying a lad £50 per week) who up untill a couple of weeks ago would have been working trad only, then your entering the wfp world with a basic trolley system, only work three and a half days a week, far exceeding the vat threshold which you appear to have no understanding of at all. What else do you expect? If your figures and indeed you are genuine then you have pulled off an amazing feat and would be an incredible business man and I take my hat off to you. But for me like I said unbelievable. Sorry

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 09:09:02 pm »
You're okay JD.
Fresh ideas, different perspective.
You've taken a few insults off me and others and you don't get threatening or crawl into your shell.
I haven't been doing this long but been wfp about 6 mths. Most on here go to longer frequencies, which is a problem that you will face wfp. The windows don't get dirty, even the thick custies catch on eventually.

rehcra

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 09:12:11 pm »
I do exactly the same & have been doing this for past 10 years atleast.

I have only had the odd complaint over the years and to be honest, im not bothered if they cancel.

I have got myself into a position now where all my work is different, terraces, semis, very large houses, offices, apartment blocks, generally most work you could imagine.

I believe im the best window cleaner going(my opinion), so i am used on a regular basis by a couple of bigger cleaning companys to carry out there work.

I have been there in the past employing 5 lads and renting work out, but have found me and 2 lads cover as much work , as im not as stressed and can keep my eye on both work and the money !

I have been approached by a very, very big company & am keeping my fingers crossed that i get my prices right & it comes off..

jdemarco

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2007, 11:42:54 pm »
If your figures and indeed you are genuine then you have pulled off an amazing feat and would be an incredible business man and I take my hat off to you. But for me like I said unbelievable. Sorry
Ill take that last part of your post! cheers for the compliment!!
I AM 100% genuine
And its 50 pound a day i pay my lad, im tight but not that tight! And when hes finished his training in about 2 months i will be putting his wages up to 60/70 a day and eventually when he takes on more responsibility and proves his loyalty i will pay him 100 pounds a day.
I suppose i do take alot of stick from you guys. I must bring it on myself, i can see it from your point of view. You either love me or hate me!! i think tommorrow ill post that on a poll.

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2007, 11:52:07 pm »
If your figures and indeed you are genuine then you have pulled off an amazing feat and would be an incredible business man and I take my hat off to you. But for me like I said unbelievable. Sorry
I AM 100% genuine
And its 50 pound a day i pay my lad, im tight but not that tight! And when hes finished his training in about 2 months i will be putting his wages up to 60/70 a day and eventually when he takes on more responsibility and proves his loyalty i will pay him 100 pounds a day.
I suppose i do take alot of stick from you guys. I must bring it on myself, i can see it from your point of view. You either love me or hate me!! i think tommorrow ill post that on a poll.
£50 is for how many hours work ???????

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2007, 12:00:48 am »
I AM 100% genuine

Hey relax !!
It's just a bit of gentle ribbing.
We all get a bit of stick on here occasionally.
Think of it as an initiation ceremony  :)

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2007, 12:03:00 am »
I AM 100% genuine

Hey relax !!
It's just a bit of gentle ribbing.
We all get a bit of stick on here occasionally.
Think of it as an initiation ceremony  :)
Shiner, from what i can take from the posts hes lovin it  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2007, 11:01:20 am »
Only really possible with domestics as commercial work is on a strict monthly budget of 1 clean per month for set amount.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 12:25:52 pm »
If you have a full round it isn't possible anyway, and there are always variables that will delay you.
Sick days, foul weather, dark nights, lazy days, late starts, holidays and so on.

I'm full up with work as it is, I couldn't get earlier if I wanted to, and as alex says, if you have a lot of commercial work then much of it will be for a set amount of cleans per year.

Though I've never really had a problem with turning up a day or 2 early when the occaasion has arose.

But I'm not sure I believe figure of over a grand a week and still being able to get the work done in even less time than before!

And with the figures quoted, you will have to be vat registered.

Presumably this lad is also employed correctly? Employers liability, taxed, employers NI and so on??

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

ronnie paton

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 05:04:10 pm »
i have my doubts i mean y would you do that just to pass the vat threshold??
If you were going to surpass £63,000 you would just want to you would want to be way over like 20G over to make it worth it :-\

haggis

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2007, 07:16:44 pm »
Been doin this for years mate, better late than never at all big man, never kid a kidder! ;D
God loves a tryer but trying tae clean windaes in the rain - It's a mugs game

geefree

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 04:37:54 pm »
eventually at the rate you are stating.. you will be calling daily to clean them... if each month you pinch a day or two.

surely?

Tosh

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 06:42:15 pm »
Must be Graham Gould in disguise.

No doubt about it.

Not as funny as he used to be though.

NWH

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 06:47:59 pm »
This would only make sense if you were planning to never get anymore work,why not just go out and get enough work so that you never have any spare days.6-8 weekly cycles for cleaning window`s is far more profitable as you can charge up to 30-40% percent more as the gaps between cleans are longer,let the customer see that you`ve actually cleaned them,every 4 weeks is commercial work only for me your never going to get top money doing domestics every 4 weeks.

elite mike

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2007, 06:12:28 pm »
hi guys at that rate he will have finished before he has started
lots of lol

jdemarco

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2007, 06:53:40 pm »
hi guys at that rate he will have finished before he has started
lots of lol
Well scorn all you will, it works well for me. Any other tips i think ill keep my big mouth shut. Over and out!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2007, 07:38:34 pm »
JDemarco

Keep them tips coming, i appreciate evry thing you say.

Dave

jdemarco

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007, 07:50:48 pm »
JDemarco

Keep them tips coming, i appreciate evry thing you say.

Dave
Well...ok just for you dave! Cheers mate.