DASERVICES

Window cleaner falls
« on: August 01, 2007, 09:04:15 am »
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news?articleid=3072484

Good news that he survived, but looking at his injuries he may be out of action for some time. Hope he had good insurance, it's a shem when these things happen.

colley614

Re: Window cleaner falls
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 04:51:11 pm »
I had a fall about 5 years ago now. I was about 20 feet up on a walk way cleaning windows and the thing collapsed under me. When health and safety were on site inspecting the report I had put together and assessing the builders turned up " for a bit of a routine check" They got chased by Health and safety. I cut my right arm really deep and didn't want to look at it. So I asked the paramedics was it deep and he said " Oh aye down to the wicket stumps matey!" I nearly passed out.   

Helen

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 08:16:20 pm »
never good to hear of a fall....but check out the last line...Reported to H & S....... lets hope one he was insured and two that there was no alternative method for cleaning.

djhaydn

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 05:37:23 pm »
it wasnt untill i had my ladder slip from under me and i came down with it, that i actually decided to go for the wfp system,
after looking at my shin bone through my open skin, that was it, NO MORE LADDERS, except when im playing fireman sam.....