jikwan

Window cleaner drowned in bucket
« on: May 17, 2007, 08:00:07 pm »
Window cleaner drowned in bucket 
A window cleaner drowned in his bucket of water after suddenly collapsing while he worked, an inquest heard.
Mark Fairhurst, 35, of Wigan, Greater Manchester, was found with his head submerged in water by his customer, Elizabeth Bebe, in June 2006.

Bolton Coroner's Court heard that a heart condition caused the collapse but the cause of death was drowning because he was unable to save himself.

The jury returned a unanimous verdict of accidental death.

It looked like he had been in that position for some time

Elizabeth Bebe

The father-of-one, of Fowler Close, Scholes, was working at the home of Miss Bebe in Whelley, near Wigan.

She told the inquest: "I went outside to hang some washing at the back when I saw a ladder propped up against the wall.

"I then saw Mark lying on the ground motionless, with his arms tucked in and his head tilted to the right inside the bucket.

"It looked like he had been in that position for some time. I went to call a neighbour who then called the ambulance and the police."

No foul play

Miss Bebe told the jury she thought Mr Fairhurst may have fallen while on the ground, rather than from his ladder.

The hearing also heard that the window cleaner had complained about heart palpitations earlier in the year but had not told his doctor.

Pathologist Dr Charles Wilson told the jury he had been informed that Mr Fairhurst had been assaulted in August 2005 which had led to memory problems.

He said he could not rule out the incident being linked to his blackout - but was satisfied there was no foul play.

Coroner Jennifer Leeming expressed her condolences to the family of Mr Fairhurst at the hearing on Thursday.

bbc news thursday

Zen is the art of seeing everything.....noticing nothing

AuRavelling79

Re: Window cleaner drowned in bucket
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:40:31 pm »
Wouldn't have happened with wfp.
It's a game of three halves!

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 10:21:34 pm »
I just couldn't believe this story and needed to look it up on bbc myself.  Feel very sorry for all concerned, I never even imagined that that could happen.

Simon.

jikwan

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 10:23:12 pm »
might have ipaled himself on the pole
Zen is the art of seeing everything.....noticing nothing

darren72

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 11:02:15 pm »
"Wouldnt of happened with wfp" some poor guy dies and some clown brings wfp into it.

davey c

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 11:12:14 pm »
"Wouldnt of happened with wfp" some poor guy dies and some clown brings wfp into it.
:'( :'(
better luck tommorow.......

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 12:15:59 am »
Remember my dad telling me as a boy, that you can drown in two inces of water if the circumstances were right (or wrong depending on which way you look at it). I guess this is similar. Very unlikely but possible. It's tragic.

My thoughts are with his family.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Adam Boss

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 05:45:11 am »
We better ban buckets then !!
EST: 1988

Trevor Knight

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 07:17:11 am »
A freak accident and probably won't and hopefully won't ever hear of something like that again!

Thoughts to his family!
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

carl stanton

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 01:23:28 pm »
Very sad and thoughts with the family, and the poor customer that found him.

rugby

Re: Window cleaner drowned in bucket New
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 01:22:46 am »
only 35 and he was a dad too,very very sad,my thoughts go out to his family