whulee

water tanks and trailer weight?
« on: April 30, 2007, 06:08:14 pm »
hi

i'm looking into buying a trailer to fit a 1000l system, but am unsure of what trailer weight i would need.

would anyone have any sort of idea what a 1000l tank  would weigh when full?

thanks

lee

Trevor Knight

Re: water tanks and trailer weight?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 06:16:43 pm »
I~ would say it is approx 1 tonne in weight when full.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 06:26:39 pm »
I~ would say it is approx 1 tonne in weight when full.

Plus the weight of the tank itself so, say 1030kg?

Plus hose, poles, battery etc. etc.

So a trailer of at least 1250kg - big trailer!
It's a game of three halves!

Chris A

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 06:27:42 pm »
Weighs about a tonne plus the system and all the other bits and bobs that you carry. We have a 1000ltr system in an ifor williams trailer and I think it is rated to 2 and half tonnes, make sure it's braked and has a double axle. I'll find out which model we have when I get chance but if you need a look there are a couple of photos of it on the concept 20 thread. I take it that you have the right vehicle to tow this when full as it can be a bit heavy on the gearbox even with a land rover when it's full.

Chris

whulee

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 07:56:38 pm »
hmmmm, thanks for the replys.

a bit heavier than i thought but only worry might be that its a 1.8 zafira pulling , (automatic gearbox) if you say a land rover has a bit of trouble.

maybe a smaller tank to start with might be an alternative until im in a position to buy a van.

i'm going to  book a course in the week and have the accountants offices i can get some good practice on and some old contacts i can sub from whilst building up, but dont want to go to them, get some work and end up running out of water half way through a job  :-[ , what sort of size tank would i be looking at for a good days commercial work? i know it a bit like asking how longs a piece of string , but as a guideline , how long would say 600l last?

thanks again , any advice appreciated.

Chris A

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 09:11:41 pm »
I just went for it mate and shelled out a lot of money just in case I got more work. It's paying off though eventually. Get a bigger system than you need at the moment and then think big. My trailer is sat dormant at the moment but the money earned from it has nearly paid for it. If I hadn't of rushed into things I would of bought a van  and then put the same system in there.

Chris

whulee

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 06:10:02 pm »
I just went for it mate and shelled out a lot of money just in case I got more work. It's paying off though eventually. Get a bigger system than you need at the moment and then think big. My trailer is sat dormant at the moment but the money earned from it has nearly paid for it. If I hadn't of rushed into things I would of bought a van  and then put the same system in there.

Chris
[/quote

yep, thanks chris thats exactly how i'm looking at things. already got work lined up and the promise of being the first to be called as and when as the bloke they use is apparently useless, and i can't even get my equipment for another couple of weeks, and then i've got to get upto speed.

still , lots to do in  the meantime and i've already got lots of good advice and tips just by reading on here and searching the web.

thanks

lee