KS Cleaning

Re: Gardiners given me the hump
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2020, 01:09:47 am »
What about the brushes not lasting long

Hi NWH

As you know a brush's longevity is dependant on many factors - work type, window type, water temperature, brush weight, etc. Whilst one brush may last well for one operator another may find it does not last long enough and has to select something different.

I can see from your order history that you have purchased the following brushes from our range:
Super-Lite Full Dupont brush in October 2019
Ultimate Stiff in March 2019
Ultimate Medium Brush in April 2017
2x Ultimate Medium Soft in March 2016
2x Super-Lite Medium-Mixed in March 2016

Which of these brushes are you finding does not last you long enough?
What temperature water are you using?
Once again......rumbled😂😂😂😂

NWH

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2020, 11:23:32 am »
Complete rubbish rumbled the brushes I have and I have 20 plus from them are no different to the new ones, I have had numerous test brushes from Alex.

p1w1

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2020, 04:14:38 pm »
What about the brushes not lasting long

Hi NWH

As you know a brush's longevity is dependant on many factors - work type, window type, water temperature, brush weight, etc. Whilst one brush may last well for one operator another may find it does not last long enough and has to select something different.

I can see from your order history that you have purchased the following brushes from our range:
Super-Lite Full Dupont brush in October 2019
Ultimate Stiff in March 2019
Ultimate Medium Brush in April 2017
2x Ultimate Medium Soft in March 2016
2x Super-Lite Medium-Mixed in March 2016

Which of these brushes are you finding does not last you long enough?
What temperature water are you using?
Once again......rumbled😂😂😂😂
;D ;D

NWH

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2020, 04:54:04 pm »
He knows what I mean when I’m saying what’s happening to his brushes lol,it’s ok for you cold users.

dazmond

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2020, 10:58:20 pm »
personally i think the stiff xtreme sill brush is disappointing...i bought 2 last year and their both ready for the bin already and ive been more careful with the second one....

the best brush IMO is the all red stiff ultimate with hot water,i just wish alex would do these bristles in the standard stiff xtreme and the stiff xtreme sill.....keep them all red bristles in the stiff versions of these brushes.
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2020, 11:22:53 pm »
I have this brush and although stiff too stiff imo it still Vs and deforms quickly.
You should t need to use a brush so stiff just for hot water,if it goes out of shape so quickly it’s the bristles fault or the angle they come out of the stock.

Dave Willis

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2020, 09:24:06 am »
Anyone using the flocked extreme sill brush on here? Looks like it could have a fair bit more scrubbing power. I have the stiff but it’s too stiff for cold or warm water. Great gutter brush though and good on conservatory finials.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2020, 11:16:25 am »
I have both the med soft and the flocked versions.  I like the med soft version but the Xtreme flocked sill is probably the best brush I've ever used. In saying this I mean it suits my current needs perfectly.

For reference, I'm a cold water user, clean only residential properties and live 12 miles away from the nearest coast
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

dd

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2020, 11:41:52 am »
I liked using the extreme flocked sill brush with a carbon gooseneck, but was disappointed to notice it left spotting at the sides of windows. Not sure if others have noticed this or if it is just me.

Currently mostly using the new supreme dupont, although I also like the sl flocked for some jobs.

robert mitchell

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2020, 09:29:32 pm »
personally i think the stiff xtreme sill brush is disappointing...i bought 2 last year and their both ready for the bin already and ive been more careful with the second one....

the best brush IMO is the all red stiff ultimate with hot water,i just wish alex would do these bristles in the standard stiff xtreme and the stiff xtreme sill.....keep them all red bristles in the stiff versions of these brushes.

Totally agree Daz!
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Stoots

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2020, 10:33:12 pm »
I don't use hot but I'm very impressed with the extreme stiff sill brush.

I can't remember when I bought it but it's a few months at least and it's not deformed at all, a medium extreme would be in the bin by now.

NWH

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2020, 10:33:31 pm »
That red stiff brush is to stiff imo it’s like using a bass broom over the glass,I like a brush to have a slight flop on the window but not to soft that it collapses.
So many brushes out there that work fine with water that’s reading 4-5 degrees,once the water starts getting up to 60-70 degrees it finds em out,they collapse and deform in days it’s easy to just stick something in a stock that resembles wire and say that’s for hot water. I had another go with that red bass broom yesterday my water was 65 degrees and it hardly splayed lol,that’s not a good brush.

NWH

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2020, 10:40:33 pm »
The DuPont is the only brush that holds it shape that I’ve been using daily on nearly all apart from old leads or thicker leads,it works well on modern thinner leads too.
The DuPont bristles react differently with hot than the other Gardiner brushes being a different material,once the other material goes out of shape especially the extreme ones they completely lose there shape they look like they’ve had half a ton laid on top of them for a couple of weeks.

P @ F

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2020, 01:30:38 am »
Do you maybe think that you have the water too hot  :D
You want a softish brush that can take 60/70 Celsius all day long  ?
You are on a fruitless quest brother Nigel , you are expecting 2 pots of gold from 1 rainbow  ;D
Pinch your arm and come back to earth  ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2020, 09:06:16 am »
Maybe but I do expect a brush to last longer than a week sometimes less.

robert mitchell

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2020, 02:23:02 pm »
That red stiff brush is to stiff imo it’s like using a bass broom over the glass,I like a brush to have a slight flop on the window but not to soft that it collapses.
So many brushes out there that work fine with water that’s reading 4-5 degrees,once the water starts getting up to 60-70 degrees it finds em out,they collapse and deform in days it’s easy to just stick something in a stock that resembles wire and say that’s for hot water. I had another go with that red bass broom yesterday my water was 65 degrees and it hardly splayed lol,that’s not a good brush.

The gardeners red bristles do soften enough when using properly hot water , but they also last a decent amount of time , come on alex get the extreme and extreme sill brush out in an all red bristle version!
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

NWH

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2020, 03:30:11 pm »
Proper hot-hot water lol come on Alex bend over

dazmond

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2020, 06:12:37 pm »

The gardeners red bristles do soften enough when using properly hot water , but they also last a decent amount of time , come on alex get the extreme and extreme sill brush out in an all red bristle version!

this needs to be done IMO.....standardizing the stiff brush range to the red durable bristles would be the way forward into a longer lasting, decent hot water brush thats doesnt lose its shape after a weeks use....

i use the ultimate,standard xtreme and xtreme sill brushes for my work......
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2020, 06:27:45 pm »
I actually like the extreme brushes for high work because of lightness and don't lose their shape. I did like the Ultimate brush but after a few months the bristles collapse too much and not so good on dreaded leads. Been Using Ova 8's new brush for leaded's and low work with six pencil jets, ideal and the gooseneck connections are easier to swap brush heads in comparison

P @ F

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2020, 06:41:34 pm »
Windows washed , sorry to butt in but on my heater thread you mentioned that you got the water to pass through your setup twice ?
Can you explain on the heater thread how you achieved this pretty please  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !