advanced

Gardiners given me the hump
« on: February 04, 2020, 07:35:43 pm »
Been using gardiners products for years  and been very happy with quality.
I love using the supreme flocked brushes  as they are great. On all window types and eat the dirt.
The first version was ok but bristles wore out too quickly , next version was better longer lasting , next version is the best just the right softness  with outer edges stiff enough to clean the grime off ledges ect apsolutely perfect .
Then what happens they change it again  for a brush that I can only explain as trying to work with a limp lettuce.
Come on Alex  what is going on change for the better not to make it substandard  please bring the    Last version  before back 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Dave Willis

Re: Gardiners given me the hump
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 08:12:51 pm »
Not really a complaint but my Extreme is rapidly going bald. Tapertec bristles seem ok but the outers are pulling out fast. Wondering if tapertecs are better and if a brush made from them would work?

NWH

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 08:19:09 pm »
Most of there brushes in the middle splay out into a V shape making them unusable when this happens due to the middle of the brush missing  the middle part of the glass,with hot water they don’t last long at all and a bass broom type stiffness is not the answer.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 08:54:04 am »
I'm not a fan of the new jet capsules......I've never felt the need to change jets on any brush I've ever bought.yesterday the middle insert came out of one capsule while I was working.i managed to push it back in but this wasn't an issue with the old jets....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 09:14:47 am »
The best one they do that holds any shape with hot water is the DuPont brush all the others deform in little time.

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 07:43:25 pm »
The best one they do that holds any shape with hot water is the DuPont brush all the others deform in little time.

Most of there DuPont brushes the maximum temperatures they should be used at is 30 degrees, I think there is only one that’s ok for 45 degrees I found they only lasted a week or so .

NWH

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 08:07:05 pm »
No m8 I use mine with very hot water and mine have lasted well.

richard connett

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 08:12:10 pm »
I'm not a fan of the new jet capsules......I've never felt the need to change jets on any brush I've ever bought.yesterday the middle insert came out of one capsule while I was working.i managed to push it back in but this wasn't an issue with the old jets....
Glad it’s not just me ...I struggle to see why we needed to change from the old jets.  I had the same thing , middle bit of the jet decided to explode one morning. I spent about half an hour searching some grass for the bleeding thing to poke it back together again. We have enough hassle with hoses without adding jet capsules to the mix.  I find when cleaning sills the jet pipes get bashed on the bottom of the frames especially patio doors. Why do we need this sh?!,t

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 08:35:25 pm »
No m8 I use mine with very hot water and mine have lasted well.

If you look at Gardiners temperature chart the maximum temp is 45 degrees most are 30 in the DuPont range .

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 08:49:48 pm »

Glad it’s not just me ...I struggle to see why we needed to change from the old jets.  I had the same thing , middle bit of the jet decided to explode one morning. I spent about half an hour searching some grass for the bleeding thing to poke it back together again. We have enough hassle with hoses without adding jet capsules to the mix.  I find when cleaning sills the jet pipes get bashed on the bottom of the frames especially patio doors. Why do we need this sh?!,t

Hi Dazmond and Richard

I'm sorry that you are not having a good time with the Jet Capsules.

It would be really useful for me to help you resolve these issues if you could send me some photos of your setup on the brush head along with any information as to whether you have a Uni-Valve fitted or not. The Univalve is not really a 'friend' to any products with a push-fit connection attached  :( However we do have ways of resolving this for you and will of course help with replacement jet capsules and advice  :)

Please use this link to send the photos through - https://gardinerpolesystems.typeform.com/to/KveTlb please mark these as for my attention.

Just a point that once the insert has been pulled out once, even though it can be pushed back in, it will pull out far more easily the next time so it is best if we can replace the whole assembly for you.

Why have we swapped to these jets? The benefits for users as we see them:

1. Jets can be swapped over quickly - many clients have commented on how useful this is and has allowed them to try out jets they have not used before.
2. Uses John Guest connections which are easier to fit then the barbs on the fanjets - this allows for easy dismantling in case of jet blockages etc.
3. Fanjets are more robust due to the lack of extending barb shaft on the back of the brush
4. Fanjet versions are now flush to the brush on the bristle side, thereby reducing the possibility of catching on window bars

Generally they have been well received and so far we have over 15,000 brushes in use with these new jets. A very small percentage of our clients have had issues - mainly when using a univalve or swivel, but generally we have always been able to resolve any problems for these clients so that replacements we supply have then not failed again.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 08:53:53 pm »
Been using gardiners products for years  and been very happy with quality.
I love using the supreme flocked brushes  as they are great. On all window types and eat the dirt.
The first version was ok but bristles wore out too quickly , next version was better longer lasting , next version is the best just the right softness  with outer edges stiff enough to clean the grime off ledges ect apsolutely perfect .
Then what happens they change it again  for a brush that I can only explain as trying to work with a limp lettuce.
Come on Alex  what is going on change for the better not to make it substandard  please bring the    Last version  before back 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Hi Advanced

A lot of red faces there  :D

It is a difficult challenge when deciding what brushes to improve and which versions to continue with - whilst a change will please some, it may annoy others (such as yourself!)

It would be really useful if you could send me some photos of your latest brush and some details of where you feel it is failing compared to the last one. Please email them across using this link https://gardinerpolesystems.typeform.com/to/KveTlb and mark them for my attention.

mjm

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 09:01:32 pm »
Hello alex        I have these grey jets couldn't fathom the right spray  so I put the pressure upto 100  and then dropped it slowly by the time it got to 70   the splay started to drop I take it you designed them that way  to run at a high flow dont get me wrong iam using less water than before with the black long ones    went through 12 black long  jets in 6 months    happy with the jets but can you invent something with swivel head built on with the aqua tap   working better   sorry to change subject

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 09:11:38 pm »
Hello alex        I have these grey jets couldn't fathom the right spray  so I put the pressure upto 100  and then dropped it slowly by the time it got to 70   the splay started to drop I take it you designed them that way  to run at a high flow dont get me wrong iam using less water than before with the black long ones    went through 12 black long  jets in 6 months    happy with the jets but can you invent something with swivel head built on with the aqua tap   working better   sorry to change subject

Hi mjm

The 100° fanjets do need a good flow rate feeding them. Perhaps the new 50° fanjets may be better suited as they take slightly less flow rate? They still fan very well (better than the old red fanjets).

We are looking at some new gooseneck valve products currently so you never know  :) - do you still prefer a twist action gooseneck valve?

mjm

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 09:19:33 pm »
Thanks for reply alex I went off the twist action for a bout a year too much faff lubricating and losing pins so I upgraded my pole to extreme and just thought while iam there I may aswell try the new type  better and easier to adjust iam using it now all the time such a difference I will try the 50 degree jets  thanks for that

NWH

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 09:27:04 pm »
Who cares about the interchangeable jets I want a medium brush that lasts without deforming after a short time lol,you can buy the brush with fixed jets can’t you just choose them.

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 08:10:54 pm »
I use a swivel and univalve with jet pods and have had not a single issue since the swap which was when the Xtreme sill came out !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

SB Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2020, 08:15:38 pm »
Who cares about the interchangeable jets I want a medium brush that lasts without deforming after a short time lol,you can buy the brush with fixed jets can’t you just choose them.
Exactly

Interchangeable jets are of absolute no use to me and the vast amount of other people I'm guessing.

NWH

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 09:37:11 pm »
I order a brush with the jets I want to use on a daily basis,ok some people might want to change jets but if I want a fan jetted brush I’ll buy 1 with “fan jets”.
Let’s try and concerntrate on getting a brush that doesn’t ruin itself in a matter of days by going out of shape,forget swivel necks and fancy material let’s choose the material that lasts and looks like it’s fit for purpose for at least a while.

Dave Willis

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2020, 11:18:20 pm »
Errr, no.
I like my swivel thank you.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2020, 11:48:18 pm »
Who are these people who like to swap out brush jets on a whim? To the point that fast and efficient swapping is needed? Lol get to work and stop messing around.

It’s like saying “when I drive my car, I like to keep a few different types of steering wheel in the boot so I can swap them over.” Then going to the trouble of developing a system that allows you to swap them over easily. I don’t get it.

Just my guess, but I would bet it has more to do with ease and cost of manufacture than being a feature that window cleaners are crying out for. (Cue alex telling us all it actually costs more to do it this way, yeah yeah whatever)