wayne m

Re: Back Pain starting to creep in , hope its only that
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2019, 10:52:05 am »
Electric pure freedom reel is my next purchase just haven’t got round to ordering one yet

NWH

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2019, 10:58:43 am »
I had lower back and shoulder ache-pain and it was due to the reeling in as soon as I went electric it went.

johnny bravo

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2019, 01:17:19 pm »
I don't take reel out of  van, thankfully,      when reeling in I just put  left knee on  rear van then reel in.     no strain at all .
ill be looking at which extreme to get . 22  or 25,       my main pole is a SLX25        that's ideal for most houses and 3 story,       prob get  extreme 25 and take a section or 2 off until needed,   or just use my SLX     if needed for higher jobs.
deffo ordering 2nite

p1w1

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2019, 02:35:29 pm »
I don't take reel out of  van, thankfully,      when reeling in I just put  left knee on  rear van then reel in.     no strain at all .
ill be looking at which extreme to get . 22  or 25,       my main pole is a SLX25        that's ideal for most houses and 3 story,       prob get  extreme 25 and take a section or 2 off until needed,   or just use my SLX     if needed for higher jobs.
deffo ordering 2nite
Having back problems myself in the past (herniated lower disk) and having both an electric reel and extreme, personally i would get the electric reel first over an extreme the reel made a lot bigger difference then the pole by far.

wayne m

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2019, 02:51:18 pm »
The Pole is the main working tool of our day and we use that a lot more than reeling in the hose each job so my opinion would definitely the pole first especially as you don’t lift the hose in and out each job which makes it easier to reel in and easier on your back than lifting in and out.

NWH

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2019, 02:51:41 pm »
Hit water is useless electric reels are pointless these are all things that are said by people that don’t or have never had them,don’t wait for a bad back get them before you get these problems or they get any worse.

NWH

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2019, 02:55:13 pm »
The pole is the main working tool yes but so is the reel both are used at every job and if you have similar work to me you’ll be reeling quiet a bit out at each job,reeling in will give you back and shoulder problems a heavy pole can give you a bad back if you are using it wrong. But a heavy pole is more likely to give you ulnar nerve problems or golfers- tennis elbow before a bad back.

NWH

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2019, 02:57:05 pm »
I would defiantly agree if you have a bad back upper or lower I would change out the reel first for electric.

wayne m

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2019, 03:00:02 pm »
I will be getting an electric hose reel definitely before end of tax year as like everyone says definitely will notice the difference in the working day but I think the pole will still have made the biggest difference to my day but looking forward to the electric hose reel as all about making my day easier especially now I’ve downsized my round and gone back to working on my own with no staff.

NWH

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2019, 03:04:18 pm »
Light pole with the leccy reel can’t emphasise how much easier it’ll make you’re day,it did mine.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2019, 05:07:29 pm »
You could also try core strengthening execersise (stronger core less pressure on the back) or a yoga program

AuRavelling79

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2019, 05:31:55 pm »
As reeling in and out doesn't bother me a jot I'll just put what I have done to ameliorate any issues.

My reels are cheap Clabers from Gardiners and the rear one sits in a tray and 9 times out of ten doesn't get lifted out unless there has been an awkward parking issue or if I want to have the back doors locked on the first latch for security over the feed hose.

My hose is 60 metres of microbore and about 35 metres of ordinary pole hose. This means I can loop off loads of very light weight hose for the first 40 paces of my jobs.

The hose is as light as can be and is easily wound on to the reel sat in the back of my van. Much much easier than lugging microbore everywhere.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2019, 05:42:20 pm »
yep......lightest poles and brushes you can afford,electric reel and hot water if possible....combined they make your working days easier....

also try and cut your days down to 5 or 6 hours per day...i find i work more efficiently working shorter days over the course of a week.....

strength straining in the gym,a bit of cardio and eating a good diet most of the time helps big time too....

also if your using 8mm minibore,STOP NOW!and bin it when youve got some 6mm.....its FAR easier to drag around.....
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2019, 05:49:07 pm »
Hot water and playing the drums fixed mine.

Dave Willis

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2019, 05:50:24 pm »
Add half a cup of Radox to your hot water too.

robbo333

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2019, 06:26:02 pm »
Dodgy elbows and 54 years old.
Put aside my trustee slx 22 and got an Xtreme 22 plus 2 extensions.
I only use the Extreme stiff brush now plus a new Supreme flocked for leaded. Is it a bit heavy but just glides over the lead.
I also have an old (actually brand new) Gardiners Extreme soft brush, which is great for lead too. They need to bring that back IMO.
I also experimented with pole hose on my main reel, to make it lighter to use and reel in.
Did it make a difference...absolutely 100 percent.
Put it on a credit card and go and do it. Get an electric reel too. I shall be making one soon.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

johnny bravo

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2019, 07:37:28 pm »
Extreme 18 ordered.        this is the main working tool.      hope its worh it.   let you know difference
thanks 4 replies and added advice, taken on board

Michael Peterson

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2019, 07:43:00 pm »
I’m not going to sleep tonight without knowing your going to buy the lighter hose :-)

johnny bravo

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2019, 09:38:21 pm »
never thought id be buying a £500+  pole for   cleaning windows       lets hope  it pays off

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2019, 11:08:17 pm »
never thought id be buying a £500+  pole for   cleaning windows       lets hope  it pays off

id of bought the 25 ft xtreme instead....its still light as a feather and rigid as hell....
price higher/work harder!