martin hulstone

Re: Solar panel cleaners
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2017, 08:39:58 pm »
I, like I am sure many others have done some research this evening after reading the comments and I cannot find one article about a window cleaner or any sort of cleaner being electrocuted as a result of cleaning solar panels on domestic properties although I am not saying it is not a possibility.
They only carry low voltage unless they are on a large scale and are circuit linked so I still feel confident cleaning them as an add on for existing customers as long as I am wearing rubber gloves and/or boots.

martin hulstone

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2017, 08:50:35 pm »
Ps, I did find one article written on a farm forum written by solar Steve that claims a window cleaner in the uk spent three weeks in hospital after being electrocuted by solar panels, but then on his Australian advert it claims the man spent six weeks in hospital so I am reluctant to believe this unless Solar Steve lets us know the name of this person and how long he actually spent in hospital.

Splash & dash

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2017, 09:12:00 pm »
Surprising that steves the only one to know about this ??? You would have thought it would have made national news , Evan if you take all Steve's precautions Ime guessing you could still get a shock as on domestic(don't know about commercial) you cannot isolate the electrical supply from the panels only from the inverter , so the panels are always live , we have cleaned many thousands of them without a problem but you never know what could happen

Tosh

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2017, 09:58:28 pm »
Ps, I did find one article written on a farm forum written by solar Steve that claims a window cleaner in the uk spent three weeks in hospital after being electrocuted by solar panels, but then on his Australian advert it claims the man spent six weeks in hospital so I am reluctant to believe this unless Solar Steve lets us know the name of this person and how long he actually spent in hospital.

The fella you're referring to was one of his subbies.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Tosh

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2017, 09:59:26 pm »
Steve offered to pay him 20p per panel instead of the usual 18p.

Everyone in earshot of the conversation was shocked.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

paul alan

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2017, 10:03:27 pm »
Whats the difference between our water and rain water?
I dont see sparks flying off solar panels when its raining so i dont see a problem. Am i missing something?
by first our water then our pole we are atatched to our water. Electricity then can connect to us.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2017, 11:03:39 pm »

Everyone in earshot of the conversation was shocked.&

That's more like the usual, Slacky

8weekly

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2017, 02:05:10 am »

Everyone in earshot of the conversation was shocked.
;D

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2017, 03:15:43 pm »
funny thing is when we work on solar farms along side the  quialfied  people that look after  them they don't wear any of this rubbish nor do there wear just rubber wellies , all sites  we have if you not in steel caps your not on site along with hi vis ect ect 

theres so much bull about solar panels and cleaning them you could write a book about it , if you scared about cleaning a ray of solar panels then fully cover any one panel on the ray and it will pull the power down so it wont kill you , its the quickest and simplest way to do it , this is straight out the mouth of the head tec guy we work for and he looks after 73 sites

there no way of stopping a panel from make energy unless its  dark , even if there not hooked up to the mians or a full string there still making energy , you just need to use your head , cracked or missed up units need to be left  alone

Solar Steve

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 06:00:51 pm »

Solar Steve

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2017, 06:02:41 pm »

Tosh

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2017, 07:25:10 pm »

How does that pertain to the fact the original poster got an electrical shock from the panels he was cleaning?

martin hulstone

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2017, 07:19:22 am »
Yes Steve, there is lots of mis information on the internet which people should not believe, like your uk and australian websites which says on the UK website that a worker was electrocuted and spent 6 weeks in hospital yet the Australian one dramatises it to 3 months. Who is this man? please send us a link about this poor lad if it did happen, or again should we not believe what we  read on the internet?

Splash & dash

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2017, 10:04:24 pm »
Yes Steve, there is lots of mis information on the internet which people should not believe, like your uk and australian websites which says on the UK website that a worker was electrocuted and spent 6 weeks in hospital yet the Australian one dramatises it to 3 months. Who is this man? please send us a link about this poor lad if it did happen, or again should we not believe what we  read on the internet?
Unlike our steve to be so slow about replying  ?????

Smurf

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2017, 10:43:18 pm »
Some peeps do have a life you know beyond this forum.
After saying that I suspect ss is waxing his long tash curls and pointy beard as we speak. Bless him.

martin hulstone

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2017, 02:37:23 pm »
I am still waiting for a response from Steve ???

Bungle

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2017, 06:57:37 pm »
Unlike our steve to be so slow about replying  ?????

He's on a plane to Oz visiting electrocution victims in hospital.
We look at them, they look through them.

martin hulstone

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2017, 06:54:51 pm »
Ha, nice one. As I suspected, his claim on his website is a complete lie as he has never responded.
People should not be allowed to make claims like that to drum up business. Shame on you Solar Steve, unless of course you can tell us if this man was electrocuted and spent 6 weeks/3 months in hospital!

Og

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2017, 07:03:59 pm »
I did some research after my shock last week. It seems it's not uncommon for solar panels to act like a capacitor when wet.
Something to think about.

Dave Willis

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2017, 08:48:57 pm »
We used to use large hoovers to clean printing machines. Always got shocks off them, you could see the sparks jumping from the suction tube to the machine. Nobody worried about it. Static electricity most likely.