Smurf

Re: update plz Daz
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 06:41:03 pm »
Has it suddenly vanished overnight yet   ::)roll  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 08:16:58 pm »
nothing has happened yet .its still on my driveway looking sorry for itself! ;D

the garage said they should have an engine by thursday.although im not hopeful. ::)roll

ive applied for leasing a brand new van with low cost vans (as one of my customers has just got a transit custom from them)£600 deposit and £200 a month rental plus VAT.

price rises in april would cover my van rental. :)
price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 09:19:34 am »
Hope you get it sorted one way or another as using your car and backpack must be driving you nuts by now.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 07:43:20 pm »

the garage said they should have an engine by thursday.although im not hopeful. ::)roll

ive applied for leasing a brand new van with low cost vans (as one of my customers has just got a transit custom from them)£600 deposit and £200 a month rental plus VAT.

ouch that sounds dear

thats dearer than i am paying for a newish van 9 months old from the main dealer

duncan h

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 07:48:44 pm »

ouch that sounds dear

thats dearer than i am paying for a newish van 9 months old from the main dealer
Must be a small van

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 08:07:13 pm »
Hot air sized balloon payment at the end probably.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 08:10:26 pm »

why ??? if you sat on 15k cleaning fund  then buy a van a year old van with low miles cash ,  this way it still as two years cover on it

then set up a d.d. of a 100 a week back in to you fund straight in to the bank this way you not only get 100% tax on it you get it 0% a.p.r. and at the end of two years  its paid for just as it comes to the end of its three year cover 

this way its  your van and you have something to show for it not a big bill at the end of the lease because it got a scrathed wheel trim

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 08:44:30 pm »
I looked at leasing recently when my van was off the road

200 quid ish plus vat a month, plus a grand up front and then after 3 years you hand it back!

so 9 grand and nothing to show, would be better off getting a loan or even buiyng on hp

Don Kee

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 08:54:38 pm »

ouch that sounds dear

Must be a small van

Not really, depends on the size of the deposit...

Got to be honest, considering the 'relief fund' daz has apparently set up, seems to be keen on doing things on the bodge and cheap...
Spent more on poles than you're willing to spend on your van

jk999

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 10:39:27 pm »
My local jct600 had two lwb 65 plate vivaro s for 9990 plus vat .I was looking at vans a couple of months ago and 58 plates where selling for 6500 plus vat with over 100 thousand on clock can't see point in getting old van if almost new one for  that price

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 07:43:56 am »
What I would do is borrow a bit off my millionaire brother, dip into my massive savings account for a bit more, don't declare my earnings to the tax man and buy a nearly new van and own it outright.  ;)

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 08:11:45 am »

200 quid ish plus vat a month, plus a grand up front and then after 3 years you hand it back!

so 9 grand and nothing to show, would be better off getting a loan or even buiyng on hp

im looking at finance lease over 4 years.you pay 3 months rental upfront then an agreed amount for 4 years.a balloon payment at the end then continue to rent it out for as long as you want for a peppercorn rental(eg £200 a year)then when you finally sell it after say 10 years you give 2.5% to the lease company.

you can  sign write it/vinyl wrap it and put a private plate on it. ;)

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 08:19:10 am »

why ??? if you sat on 15k cleaning fund  then buy a van a year old van with low miles cash ,  this way it still as two years cover on it

then set up a d.d. of a 100 a week back in to you fund straight in to the bank this way you not only get 100% tax on it you get it 0% a.p.r. and at the end of two years  its paid for just as it comes to the end of its three year cover 

this way its  your van and you have something to show for it not a big bill at the end of the lease because it got a scrathed wheel trim

who said i was sat on a 15k cleaning fund? ::)roll

i have an emergency fund(doesnt everyone?)but its nowhere near 15k.its been severely depleted due to buying the non essential golf just before  xmas plus i dont want to use all of it up on a van.

besides im doing surprisingly well using a backpack and 4 barrels.im virtually doing the same amount of work as when using a van mount.so no loss of earnings. :)

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 08:39:00 am »
Hope you get it sorted one way or another as using your car and backpack must be driving you nuts by now.

nope its not!im pleasantly surprised just how much work i can do!i fill up at lunchtime at a customers outside tap so im using 240L a day and still  doing the same amount of work!

what im finding is theres virtually no difference between using a van mount and a backpack for most work.maybe an extra 15-20 mins a day compared to van mount.

dont forget theres no reeling in/out with a backpack and less snagging.

there are a few jobs where ill have to skip them for now(one s where i need the 47 footer and excess to flat roofs)but most work i can do.

also whats surprised me is im enjoying doing a bit more trad work on ground floor windows.it mixes it up a bit more. :)

chris turner

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 08:53:14 am »

who said i was sat on a 15k cleaning fund? ::)roll

i have an emergency fund(doesnt everyone?)but its nowhere near 15k.its been severely depleted due to buying the non essential golf just before  xmas plus i dont want to use all of it up on a van.

besides im doing surprisingly well using a backpack and 4 barrels.im virtually doing the same amount of work as when using a van mount.so no loss of earnings. :)

I don't have an emergency fund, unless wonga counts?

lal

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 10:02:39 am »

im looking at finance lease over 4 years.you pay 3 months rental upfront then an agreed amount for 4 years.a balloon payment at the end then continue to rent it out for as long as you want for a peppercorn rental(eg £200 a year)then when you finally sell it after say 10 years you give 2.5% to the lease company.

you can  sign write it/vinyl wrap it and put a private plate on it. ;)

Hi Dazmond, are you allowed to fit a Tank & system into the Financed Leased van ?

Smurf

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 10:30:13 am »

nope its not!im pleasantly surprised just how much work i can do!i fill up at lunchtime at a customers outside tap so im using 240L a day and still  doing the same amount of work!

what im finding is theres virtually no difference between using a van mount and a backpack for most work.maybe an extra 15-20 mins a day compared to van mount.

dont forget theres no reeling in/out with a backpack and less snagging.

there are a few jobs where ill have to skip them for now(one s where i need the 47 footer and excess to flat roofs)but most work i can do.

also whats surprised me is im enjoying doing a bit more trad work on ground floor windows.it mixes it up a bit more. :)

As you are in a very soft water area for larger jobs maybe you could use a di only on demand trolley instead. Just hook it up directly to a custarnds outside tap (if switched on) and away you go. Ideally all you would need is preferably two 11ltr di tanks strapped to a trolley. Also a inline tds meter to easlly take tds reading on both the inlet and outlet of both of the di's This would also be ideal to refill your containers and backpack too. Using twin di's will also make your resin last longer.

Tosh

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 01:32:27 pm »
What I would do is borrow a bit off my millionaire brother, dip into my massive savings account for a bit more, don't declare my earnings to the tax man and buy a nearly new van and own it outright.  ;)

Daz wants to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Dave Willis

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 03:52:33 pm »
As it happens, I had a little visit to the bank today ..........
We bought the wife's car from a stealer ship and borrowed around twelve grand on one of those low monthly payment schemes with a balloon payment at the end. Didn't fully understand what we were doing to be honest until we re read the agreement yesterday. Turns out we basically have a three year loan at 11% !!!!!!
Quickly paid off a couple of grand then paid off the remainder from our bank with a flexible loan at just over 4% with the option of paying early when we feel like it.

Always read the small print they are robbing barstewards the banks and the dealers don't go into great detail. They just say keep the car at the end of the term or start another scheme...... only by the time you've paid the balloon off chances are you'll be skint at the end.

Leasing is a bit different but no doubt just as crap.