Pole 2 Pole

Backpack battery.
« on: November 11, 2016, 01:38:11 pm »
Can anybody please recommend somewhere that sells a decent 12v7ah battery that lasts more than half a dozen charges?  Almost every one I buy nowadays needs charging after a day's work now after about 6 weeks of buying it. Thanks for any help ;-)

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: Backpack battery.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 07:48:10 pm »
I bought two Yuasa ones for £24.99 off eBay.  I've had a similar problem to you. I've tried various brands and they all seem to stop holding a full charge quite quickly. I'm on my third this year.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

wazzz

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 08:15:42 pm »
I but these . I have had some good ones , and some not so good . But the price is not to bad to replace them . http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p79562?table=no

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 09:31:24 pm »
They're actually dreadful. The original shurflo ones seemed to last years. Nothing compares to them :-/

CleanClear

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 10:13:13 pm »
Can anybody please recommend somewhere that sells a decent 12v7ah battery that lasts more than half a dozen charges?  Almost every one I buy nowadays needs charging after a day's work now after about 6 weeks of buying it. Thanks for any help ;-)
You may need to look again at what you think a "7ah" battery can do, as opposed to what they can actually do. I'll tell you a "7ah" battery is not powerfull enough to run WFP all day, or anything else all day. Get a bigger battery, or keep charging it every night.
 Most using WFP systems all day are running off big 12v batteries that are 75/85 ah minimum. Bigger when you get into the Lesuire battery category, (thats a rhyme!). And they still need regular charching to maintain the battery life.
 If you do find a cheap 7ah battery that will keep a pump going all day then please let us all know, as we're all shelling out £70/£80 plus on 85ah batteries.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

robert mitchell

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 09:24:15 am »
You may need to look again at what you think a "7ah" battery can do, as opposed to what they can actually do. I'll tell you a "7ah" battery is not powerfull enough to run WFP all day, or anything else all day. Get a bigger battery, or keep charging it every night.
 Most using WFP systems all day are running off big 12v batteries that are 75/85 ah minimum. Bigger when you get into the Lesuire battery category, (thats a rhyme!). And they still need regular charching to maintain the battery life.
 If you do find a cheap 7ah battery that will keep a pump going all day then please let us all know, as we're all shelling out £70/£80 plus on 85ah batteries.

im pretty sure an 85ah battery wont fit in his backpack  :o
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 05:18:35 pm »
I regularly get a solid day out of a 7ah battery with my trolley but I wouldn't try to get more without charging it.
I'm beginning to think though, that these 7ah batteries won't hold a full charge for more than about three months the way I use them (I fully charge my trolley four times a week). Cost-wise that works out to about the same as when I used a 26ah battery.  They cost about £50 and used to last me about a year.  I'd much rather work with a lighter trolley so I'm happy to change the battery four times a year.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 05:31:11 pm »

Now that made me chuckle ;D ;D

CleanClear

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 08:46:19 pm »

Me too, probably different reasons than you.. I know for a fact he wont carry an 85ah battery in his back pack. But my question is...if a 7ah battery can keep a pump going all day, what we all buying 85ah batteries for ? Still chuckling ?

robert mitchell

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 09:25:43 pm »

Me too, probably different reasons than you.. I know for a fact he wont carry an 85ah battery in his back pack. But my question is...if a 7ah battery can keep a pump going all day, what we all buying 85ah batteries for ? Still chuckling ?

I don't , I use a second hand car battery that cost me £10 , been in nearly three years now

CleanClear

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 09:42:35 pm »

I don't , I use a second hand car battery that cost me £10 , been in nearly three years now

Whats the point you're making Bro ? Price or amp hours  ?

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 10:05:11 pm »
To get back on topic I think the real question should be are these chepo china crap backpack spot sprayer converted for wfp use made for everyday full time use ?  The obvious answer is no they are not regardless of what 7ah battery you put in it.

robert mitchell

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 10:13:22 pm »
Price and longevity , its 95 ah and charged by a split relay , never had to bench charge it so far .

CleanClear

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 10:18:32 pm »
To get back on topic I think the real question should be are these chepo china crap backpack spot sprayer converted for wfp use made for everyday full time use ?  The obvious answer is no they are not regardless of what 7ah battery you put in it.
I'd guess that these back packs are not for every day use., or maybe i should correctly say.. "all day " use. They don't sound like they are from the description..... how come you come out with "chepo china crap " ? Whats that got to do with anything ? Might seem like i'm being a bit anal..i'm not intentionally . Because whats the alternative, its all made in  China ? You know anothe Country that manufactures poles, pumps, hoses and batteries ? If so, let me in on the info.............

CleanClear

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2016, 10:20:09 pm »
Price and longevity , its 95 ah and charged by a split relay , never had to bench charge it so far .
Thats good Robert. And you're carrying this in your back pack how ?

robert mitchell

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 11:00:51 pm »

Are you on the turbo shandys ?

It's not in a back pack , you asked why everyone is buying 85ah batteries , I was just sharing my experience with a secondhand £10 car battery . 

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 11:12:23 pm »
This forum cracks me up  ;D ;D

How about instead of using a 12 volt backpack spot sprayer try one of these instead lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KINaA4U3irU

CleanClear

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 11:34:09 pm »

Are you on the turbo shandys ?

It's not in a back pack , you asked why everyone is buying 85ah batteries , I was just sharing my experience with a secondhand £10 car battery .

I'm drunk to be honest mate. You wanted to share experiences of car batteries with back pack users ?  That wasn't really my question. I know we pay x amount for a 85ah battery. What i'm interested in finding out, if it exists, is how can we get the 7ah batteries that keep a pump going all day., thats the OP's question .Myself, i'm just buying a new lesuire battery, you've made clear your buying them from a scrapper. So the OP, how can we best advise him ...? And i'll ask you the same question i previously asked you... what should he be going for.....  a cheap battery from a scrappy, or should he pay attention to the amp hours...?

CleanClear

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2016, 11:35:17 pm »
This forum cracks me up  ;D ;D

You wouldn't participate if it didn't !!  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2016, 11:37:52 pm »
Very true  ;D ;D

Smurf

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 11:42:34 pm »
Here you go I've found a 7ah battery for you. Only problem it cost more than a backpack  ;D
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LI7-12-LITHIUM-MOBILITY-ELECTRIC-VEHICLES/dp/B00SJCY9D0