AuRavelling79

Re: So whats been freezing?
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 10:48:49 pm »
my 25 L barrels has about 4 inchss of ice on them as the start of the day, at the end of the day they were still 4 inches

i just broke through them and carried on working

How many fish did you catch?
It's a game of three halves!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2005, 07:27:11 am »
See? I told you.....We're not in december yet and already we are having temperatures plummeting below freezing.....heavy snow forecast for the end of the week....where will it all end :-[ :-\ :'(

Someone told me, that they knew a man who overheard another saying he'd heard that by mid december it's going to be -18 degrees :o

An interesting fact about donkeys...more people get killed by them than die in air crashes every year :o

But all joking apart, it does at least appear as if it is going to be a tough one this year.
I've stocked up on road salt and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't going to get so bad that the water freezes on the glass.

The stuff in the van will be ok, using a heater with a frost stat, and like Tosh, I can take in my R/O overnight.

I don't mind the cold when there is no wind, but add in high winds and I end out wearing more layers than an onion!

Just got an office to do today...well, I should say that I'm only going to do an office today!
Got my gear to waterproof the van floor so I'm having a big chunk of the day off to do that!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Customers4u

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 09:24:51 am »
Favourite program of the moment??

The frost report   ;D ;D

I,m on double layers to keep warm, 2 pairs of socks an England bobble hat 2 keep me lugs warm, and 2 t shirts!

All topped off with a coat that looks like a duvet  ;)
Window cleaning rounds built to your exact requirements

Cyprus_Mark

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2005, 03:44:48 pm »
 8) 8) 8)  No trouble here with freezing.
 Still got my shorts on.
 Temperatures still in the low 70s.  ;D ;D ;D

H h20

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2005, 04:00:26 pm »
8) 8) 8)  No trouble here with freezing.
 Still got my shorts on.
 Temperatures still in the low 70s.  ;D ;D ;D
No need for that  :o,kick us while we`re down :'(,Gaz

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2005, 08:07:14 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Well I was away for the weekend, I left at 12 noon on Friday and that morning the temperature here was -7 and was up to -2 at noon.

Now I returned on Sunday evening, had Monday off to recover, so was not to concerned. However, 3pm yesterday, I went to prep the van ready for today and this is what I found.

1)   feed Hose (20 meters) frozen solid, couldn’t even pull it out of its casing.
2)   Pump, frozen solid and both inlet and outlet hoses frozen
3)   30” DI bottle frozen solid
4)   all internal feed hoses, frozen solid
5)   2 * 50 meter hose reels frozen solid
6)   All brush heads and water pipes in the poles frozen solid.
7)   Both batteries flat as pancakes

I feel this is only severe like this because I was away for three days and the van was just sitting there. But it still is annoying and caused me to miss a days work  :(

Andrew

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2005, 09:41:27 pm »

No trouble here with freezing.
Still got my shorts on.

same here (in the house any way)

outside
2 T shirts
1 polo shirt
1 hoody
1 quilted shirt
1 light water proof if needed (keeps the wind out)

RO
1 water tank insulation (goes round twice)
1 old very padded coat
      (will still bring it in on very cold nights and tuck it up in the warmth)
       I'm going to rebuild the shed nxt year with doulble insulation and a heater...

VAN
all hose reels and the pump wraped in water tank lagging, pole bought in for the night.
      Plan to build unit in vehicle so that hose and pump can be protected with greater ease..

QUESTION...
   I know that you can buy an imershion heater for your base tanks....but what do you think a normal imershion heater in the van tanks would do to the TDS??
     Any idea's before I try it out ....
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

dai

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2005, 10:01:14 pm »
Well, here in north Wales by the sea, not bad at all. Ice on the screen, leave the engine running for 10 mins[ locked the van with spare key] This afternoon a balmy 10 degrees. lovely day for working. Hit 3 figures by 3.30 and packed up.
My Indonesian Mrs can't hack it though,she had a day off today. She will accuse me of attempted murder come friday. That's if the forcast is right. Dai

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2005, 10:12:15 pm »
  1 hoody
With baseball cap too?

Cleaning the windows, or just taking the money? ;D