tomo

water pressure?
« on: November 10, 2005, 10:11:05 pm »
Hi,

i have just set-up my ro-man 200gpd and think my water pressure is too low, it is literally dribbling out of the product pipe at this rate it will take two weeks to fill my 1000ltr ibc. ro-man are sold out of the intergrated pump box any suggestions? Guys i am at the end of my tether it was meant to be first week wfp :'( is there anyone else that does a similar set up to ro-man with intergrated pump box to increase water pressure?

AuRavelling79

Re: water pressure?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 10:31:14 pm »
What's your water pressure tomo?
It's a game of three halves!

tomo

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 10:35:16 pm »
malc i think its low can't tell how tho without getting a psi gismo £30 :-\ lets just say when the tap is on full you get a two foot arc from the hose before the water hits the ground....sorry thats the best way i can describe it at the moment

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 10:45:51 pm »
Don't panic ( yet ) Tom

You could be surprised at how much water per 24 hrs that dribble will give you.

Before you spend any money just set it going and let it produce for 24 hrs or so. I have very marginal water pressure and still get around 600 ltrs per day from the same RO that you have.

Have you flushed it out yet?  that sometimes makes quite a bit of difference.

Andrew

tomo

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 10:56:33 pm »
Andrew! howz it going.. well chuffed with the trolley and system not with my water pressure tho :-\ it is low i left it on for an hour and it produced bout 2 ltr of product if that..i wasnt joking about it being low pressure

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 11:17:39 pm »
Goin very well indeed for me Tom mate!!!

Whizzin round on 5th time and now at least 30% faster. Did a big ole leaded place yesterday that used to take 2 of us 90 mins. Did it myself in 45!!!!

Glad to hear you like our system mate  ;D

Umm ur not jokin about that water pressure at that output though  :(

Might just be able to help re that booster pump. Can't promise but will have a word with the "other" Andy 1st thing tomorrow. Do me a favour and email your tEL no To   purefreedom@btinternet.com

Andrew

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 11:33:01 pm »
Tom

Check your email please mate.

Andrew

tomo

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 11:36:11 pm »

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 11:39:14 pm »
Yeah the other one failed as usual.

Just sent you another

Andrew

tomo

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 11:47:53 pm »
thanks Andrew....sometimes its the simple things that give you the trouble ::)

rosskesava

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 11:49:21 pm »
When we got our RO-Man set up running I was staggered at how slow the water emptied into the water butts.

The next morning I was equaly staggered at how much they had filled up.

By the following day I was surprised at when we filled up the tanks in the work van at just how little the water butts went down.

Don't be  :'( .. be happy  ;D

Cheers

tomo

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 11:53:44 pm »
thanks ross for your positivity but at the calculated rate of 2ltr an hour i would have 50ltr a day to work with wont get far with that ;D mine doesnt come out slow it drips moderatley no exaggeration

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 11:55:20 pm »
Just found out that Toms water isnt supplied from the mains.

I WILL try to make him  ;D though.

Night all  YAWNNN

Andrew

Ian_Giles

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 11:58:52 pm »
I was chatting to Tomo the other day, his water pressure doesn't even register on his pressure guage!
By comparison mine registers 80 psi.

Tomo needs a booster pump to fit between his R/O and his outside tap, so c'mon guys, where does he get one from?

regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Roy Harding

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2005, 11:45:09 am »
Hi Tomo

Here is a link bottom of page on right

http://www.reachandclean.co.uk/water_pumps.htm

Roy :)

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2005, 05:27:26 pm »
Tom,

If you want any more water in the mean time; you know where to get it from.

No problem to me at all.  And I'll also make sure you check the TDS before using it, as I don't want you telling your customers that the spots is my fault.

tomo

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 07:46:49 pm »
great Tosh thanks.

i bet you regret meeting me after all the hassle ;D you will be moving soon and giving me the wrong address :o thanks again mate!!! i hope to get apump box tomorrow and then ..........lets hope its show time ;) thanks to roy harding too!! for the advice and help this site is unique keep it up lads if i can help anyone i will :)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2005, 09:38:02 pm »
Tomo

Did you find a booster pump if so where ,what , how much etc
I think I have similar problem although not so bad my pressure is 45 psi and slow so i'm thinking of a booster pump too

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 10:20:14 pm »
Firstly I need to warn you I'm not a plumber BUT.....

This will only work if you have a standard water supply to your property, which I've read that you may not have. Here goes anyway.

I had the low pressure problem when I first connected my 200GPD RO-Man. It just dribbled out and I could get nothing to register on my p.s.i. gauge. The problem is solved if you can identify which of your house pipes are supplied FROM your loft tank and which pipes are on their way TO supply the loft tank.

The supply TO my loft tank is rated at between 50 and 60 p.s.i. but the water FROM the loft tank is gravity fed only. My stopc o c k (forum software...duh!) (where the mains water comes in to the property) is located under my kitchen sink. I just traced where the pipes led to and fixed the supply to the RO Unit at the closest convenient point where I wanted to make water. I know this not be as easy as I have made it sound.  :(  Now I get 25 litres of water in approx 2 hours or 300 litres in 24 hours.

Whilst reading the instructions to my RO-Man I also noticed that with low pressure you will get different TDS reading in comparison to normal pressure, so your water may not be as good as you think. Always double check with a handheld TDS meter.

Also, RO-Man does a water pressure gauge at £9.50 + delivery  http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=76

Hope this helps. If your property is supplied from a well, brook or a stream then this post is useless ;D.

I'm 4 weeks into WFP so I'm no expert. I'm forum-trained.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 10:39:51 pm »
I have fixed my R/O just about 5" from the stop valve so  I'm guessing that 45 psi is about my lot ( unpumped anyway )

So where do we get a booster from again?

matt

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2005, 10:57:22 am »
Silver Shadow is right

make sure you use a mains supply, not a cold from a tank

tomo

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 12:05:18 am »
chris cottrell

you can get a pump from www.ro-man.co.uk or from www.reachandclean.co.uk i know ro-man are sold out at the moment till nov 30 i hooked the pump up today i get great pressure now 375 tds before and 004 before it goes through the di then 000.

i have to be honest i thought i would never see the day....but i hope this week will be the "proper first week wfp ;D my system has produced 200ltr in about 8 hrs i am happy with that as it was 2ltr per hour without pump box if that

regards

Tomo

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 06:08:38 am »
Rock on Tomo!!!  ;D

Glad you got the pump ( we took it off a 300 GPD pumped unit that we had in stock )

Anyway .. now  FOR SALE: 1 x 300 GPD NON pumped R0 - Man unit. Normal price £265.37...  OUR PRICE:  £215 inc VAT plus whatever it costs to deliver it. ( shouldn't be much at all if you dont want it next day )

Andrew