Sarah Sarill

One for Matt
« on: October 27, 2005, 07:19:51 pm »
Matt,

I want to send you an email but your address is hidden. Can you send me your email adress via mine which is shown in my profile.

Thanks,

Sarah

Sarah

matt

Re: One for Matt
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 07:40:07 pm »
just sent you a e.mail

;)

matt

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 09:39:08 pm »
your welcome ;)

Chris Cottrell

Re: One for Matt........ Again
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 09:19:57 pm »
Matt

I got the ro-man 200gpd 6 stage sys and am curious
I was under the impression that the di chamber was last in the line .. but mine has an in-line carbon filter at the end .. the blue di chamber is 2nd from the end

do you think this is correct?

matt

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 10:17:32 pm »
Hmmmmmmm

i was under the impression aswell, all the RO / DI's i have had off them have been the same, DI last

hang on, i have a box unopened here now, will go and have a look at this 1

i will be back

matt

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 10:25:21 pm »
just checked the 1 i have here

its only 4 stage (though we dont need the coconut or carbon filter)

i have a sneaky feeling the last 1 in your system might be  CARBON FILTER, which is just for improving the taste of the water

so i would say your system is fine, the carbon will not any impurities, so you will still have 000 TDS

the last un isnt really needed though

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 10:34:04 pm »
Ah  Thanks Matt

cant wait to get mine up and running ... iv'e read the instructions 4 times allready only a dozen or more to go ... jus trying to get my head round how it all works in order to get a better understanding of it .. do you think i need to flush through the carbon filter before i use it for prodution as i guess i would for the other filters (5 mic,Coconut etc)

matt

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2005, 11:03:49 pm »
When i have a RO first  (either for myself or for some1 else) i allways runt he RO for 4 hours WITHOUT it connected to the DI bit, just unplug the pipe of the DI

this flushes the units and doesnt wear out your DI resin

this is only for the first usage though

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 08:48:33 pm »
Matt

Are you useing Varistream on your trollrey? or is the pump switched straight from the battery? , I want to get 100psi SHURflo and im not sure whether to get Vari2 to control it , my thoughts tell me yes

Also were did you get your box to put it all in I cant seem to find one anywere?

?????? :D

matt

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 10:49:31 pm »
Matt

Are you useing Varistream on your trollrey? or is the pump switched straight from the battery? , I want to get 100psi SHURflo and im not sure whether to get Vari2 to control it , my thoughts tell me yes

Also were did you get your box to put it all in I cant seem to find one anywere?

?????? :D

no, i dont use a varistream or the like, i just use a simple by pass valve (pic in this thread)

http://d.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=124

i find it works fine, BUT to be honest, its allways left alone at about 3/4 open

Are, the old box ;) i got a few off ebay, i searched for months and months, maplin do them, but i found them a touch too small