[GQC] Tim

Aquafactor brush is Tucker brush?
« on: November 05, 2010, 06:27:37 pm »
I just got what I thought a Tucker brush in, but upon opening the package a similar looking brush came out, with aquafactors embossed in the headstock, not a Tucker sticker in sight, also slighly more rounded edges of the stock, and judging from Luke Johnsons thread some time ago, much less overhang of the stock. Bristles look the same like the clear dupont ones.

stock width of Tucker: 27.4cm
stock width of aquafactors : 27.2cm

stock height of Tucker: 5.8cm
stock width of aquafactors : 5.8cm

brislte depth of Tucker 6.2cm
brislte depth of aquafactors 5.8-6.2cm depending on measured on edge or center

I will give em a call tomorrow and see what exactly is going on, but does anyone know if they are essentially the same? After spending £56 inc postage, I want to be sure I've got the real deal. ;)

Mike #1

Re: Aquafactor brush is Tucker brush?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 06:33:58 pm »
they are the same company are they not

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 06:39:55 pm »
they are the same company are they not

I believe Aquafactors are the official Tucker distributors for the UK.

Aquafactors is one of the original suppliers of water fed poles and related water treatment. We set up in 1998 as a supplier of Tucker Pole® equipment and remain today their authorised UK distributor for their single and unique dual hose aluminium pole systems.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 06:40:02 pm »
Not-  ?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 06:42:19 pm »
I confirmed with them the order when I placed it, I asked if it's a Tucker, they said yes, so I'm thinking it's allright, but want to make sure like said in first post. :)

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 06:45:01 pm »
i stand corrected  ;D ;D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 08:24:22 pm »
Can you two please take it somewhere else? 

Thanks Ewan for the info, here are some pictures of it.

http://img830.i.us/g/dsc01001dq.jpg/

And here are some pictures of a real Tucker brush.

http://img257.i.us/g/img3068z.jpg/
http://img256.i.us/img256/8666/img3085m.jpg

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 08:50:39 pm »
Send an email to Tucker USA as well asking what the deal is. Not expecting a reply during the weekend but it's good to have multiple lines out. Tucker USA are the ones that should know 100% certain wether it's technically the same brush or not. If it's the same brush angle, same bristle placement, length and grade, exactly like the Tucker, then I don't care much about the stock really.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 10:34:11 pm »
After some more measuring and looking at some other pictures I'm pretty sure it's identical, even down to the brush count. So I just went ahead and converted it over the weekend. Can't wait to try it out. Compared to a Superlite brush it's got a million more brushes, including the inner trim, and very easily splays to the inner trim with virtually no effort at all. This should be a scrubbing powerhouse.

Have a look at this pic to see the finished result. It's the stock of a superlite, but spray painted it. Will paint the washers white at a later date as well to make it look even more sleeker.

http://tinyurl.com/2uzes6j

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 10:37:25 pm »
Oh and compared to the 300g of the superlite (mark2 I believe) it's 377g fully jetted etc etc. I've tried to drill some more holes in the back (tested on SL) but the drills rips the brushes out because it's so close together. Oh well, 377g for a fully loaded 12" still isn't too bad I guess.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 10:19:35 am »
Just spoke to them on the phone and they said it's exactly the same brush, but it's manufactured in the UK instead of the US. It's the same bristles, bristle count etc. Cool, will update when I've used it.

dd

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 12:32:17 pm »
I think the bristles are superioir quality to the Gardiners sl brushes and generally has a better feel to it on the glass. Also they seem to be very durable.

Not a dig at Gardiners, just don't think their brushes are as good as Tucker.

Alex Allen

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 01:10:37 pm »
After some more measuring and looking at some other pictures I'm pretty sure it's identical, even down to the brush count. So I just went ahead and converted it over the weekend. Can't wait to try it out. Compared to a Superlite brush it's got a million more brushes, including the inner trim, and very easily splays to the inner trim with virtually no effort at all. This should be a scrubbing powerhouse.

Have a look at this pic to see the finished result. It's the stock of a superlite, but spray painted it. Will paint the washers white at a later date as well to make it look even more sleeker.

http://tinyurl.com/2uzes6j

Looks ok mate , but that is not the same tucker brush i have cant tell from that picture if the brstles are the same as a tucker
ive order the aerial brush from the website £54 ill let you know how it compares

Alex Allen

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 12:31:11 pm »
got the aerial brush yesterday
very nice using it tommorow

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 04:32:41 pm »
Very good, let me know how it compares. :)

alanwilson

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 09:16:18 pm »
hi guys I'm sorry to burst GQCs bbble but it is most def not a real tucker.

I bought 2 from the states and one from UK - the UK one is absolute rubbish compared to the US model.  Its now used as a floor brush cuz thats all its good for.  Complete waste of money, the headstock looks like it was cut with a saw and the staples rusted within weeks.

I'm sorry aquafactors but I'd never deal with you again.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 10:29:05 pm »
hi guys I'm sorry to burst GQCs bbble but it is most def not a real tucker.

I bought 2 from the states and one from UK - the UK one is absolute rubbish compared to the US model.  Its now used as a floor brush cuz thats all its good for.  Complete waste of money, the headstock looks like it was cut with a saw and the staples rusted within weeks.

I'm sorry aquafactors but I'd never deal with you again.

Really? I think it's one of the best brushes I have ever used. Not a staple in sight either. Dimensions are the same, shape is the same (apart from headstock) bristles are the same, splays beautifully, scrubs very very well. Headstock looks very professional.

alanwilson

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 01:40:19 am »
well then clearly the one they sold me was something else, I can assure you they promised me a tucker, what I got was nothing like a tucker.

I will post pics this weekend.

robbers
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 09:14:43 am »
Tim ive always liked the thought of a Tucker brush but price and bristle density has always put me off. Just looked at the pic of yours and notuced from what i remember that the stock thread isnt how it used to be. Does that screw onto a normal angle-adaptor, the type youd get for a gardiners brush or vikan.

Cheers

Matt

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 10:29:27 am »
well then clearly the one they sold me was something else, I can assure you they promised me a tucker, what I got was nothing like a tucker.

I will post pics this weekend.

robbers

Thanks Alan, looking forward to your pictures so we can get to the bottom of this.

Tim ive always liked the thought of a Tucker brush but price and bristle density has always put me off. Just looked at the pic of yours and notuced from what i remember that the stock thread isnt how it used to be. Does that screw onto a normal angle-adaptor, the type youd get for a gardiners brush or vikan.

Cheers

Matt

Price is a bit of a hurdle I must admit. I put my own screwthread on there, got one of a superlite brush and put it on there. The original Tucker system uses a different setup. What's bad about the bristle density?  :) It's got a great deal of bristles, dense as well, but the brush stays very very clean, probably more so even then my superlite. And because the brisltes are opaque you can see every speck of dirt. I rinse with brush on and it works very well. :)