James pryer

Hypo or biocides
« on: April 07, 2020, 04:56:35 am »
Hi all,

I know this is probably going to start some arguments but.  over time what is best? Hypo or biocide? What does the overall best  job?
Would be great if someone who uses best could tell me.

Many thanks,
James

Splash & dash

Re: Hypo or biocides
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 09:34:46 am »
Hi all,

I know this is probably going to start some arguments but.  over time what is best? Hypo or biocide? What does the overall best  job?
Would be great if someone who uses best could tell me.

Many thanks,
James

Depends what you are trying to clean .
Hypo will give instant clean and depending on location will stay algi free for  up to a year
Bio products take time to work days weeks or evan months .
From personal experience with both I prefer hypo as you see instant results that’s what my customers want , bio does  have it’s place , I have experimented around my own house with both products and have found no residual benefits from bio products in fact quite the opposite in fact I have found within weeks it has gone green with algi again. . I know not all will agree with what I have said but that’s my experience over 15 years , as I say both do have there place it’s knowing which product will work best in any given situation and understanding what the customer wants at the end if the day .

James pryer

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 11:55:43 am »
Thanks for that.

I’ve just hypo my roof and I can see a lot of white patches from the hypo. Will this fade over time?

Thanks

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 10:47:39 pm »
Thanks for that.

I’ve just hypo my roof and I can see a lot of white patches from the hypo. Will this fade over time?

Thanks

Sounds like dying lichens , yes it should come off the roof over a period of weeks / months