Wire and crocodile clips
« on: June 07, 2009, 08:04:43 pm »
Yes wire and crocodile clips, i bought some from halfords and have fixed one variestream and pump and treated another to new wires and connections.

I had a few things go wrong to make them stop working.The cause seemed to be bad connections and fuses where i am constantly diconecting and getting working bits wet. Anyway it all works now (three lots) with nice new wires.

Also got that blue gunk off the terminals.

During the week i never have time to fix things properly, just bang a spare on, but even that had stopped.

The wire and clips were a bit pricey at halfords i wondered if there was anywhere better?

matt

Re: Wire and crocodile clips
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 08:16:48 pm »
halfords will be pricey

if you go to any motor spares suppliers you will half the price

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 08:37:28 pm »
There were different colours and ampages and i had to get red that was a bit too thick and not very long.Blue was fine. The colours are important because if i hook it up the wrong way it's broke.

ftp

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 09:11:16 pm »
I chucked a spare battery on my varistream last week - the wrong way round  :o

Just blew the fuse, no problem.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 10:26:19 pm »
The fuses do have a purpose then.

It's occured to me that I could have tried out Matts idea of running the drill off the battery buy i have run out of wire now.

Another little task i did that i have been meaning to do was order an address stamp £43. I've been printing them off on sticky back and then choping them up and affixing to envelopes, this will be easier.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 10:34:37 pm »

Why not just buy sheets of precut labels and print them on your computer?

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 10:42:33 pm »
I printed ones i cut myself because i assumed it was cheaper and could get things lined up with out going off the labels.Even precut you still have to affixe and these sheets are expensive.

The stamper is self inking, i had a choice of fonts, and have gone for blue ink(the other choices were black and red).
I got the biggest.

I have a stanp that i hit the back of my cheques with and the writing is too small,partly because there are too many lines, and partly because i trusted a girl at staples to be able to do the spacing 'because she knew all about them and did loads'.In fact she was an idiot and i would have altered it if i had been consulted.

matt

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 11:05:55 pm »
i have numerous stamps

i have changed my mobile number and now stamp the new number on me " slip "

they work well