richyp

upvc cleaning
« on: June 07, 2009, 05:51:25 pm »
can anyone recommend a good cream cleaner for upvc?

tomy jackson

Re: upvc cleaning
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 05:57:31 pm »
tomsons

richyp

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 06:01:36 pm »
tomy

where can i buy that?

tomy jackson

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 06:12:35 pm »
BQ

kevinc

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 06:15:51 pm »
thomson's is good(smells like brasso to me)i use morrisons cream cleaner with bleach-around 80pence per bottle and a worn/used sponge type kitchen scourer pad-keep the frame wet and rub away,i make a good living from this one-brings the frames up like new

richyp

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 06:19:09 pm »
have you never had any comebacks with using bleach?

kevinc

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 06:45:28 pm »
no to be honest thats how i got into windowcleaning,i fit windows/doors during the week and saw a market for cleaning old pvc windows,and spent two years researching/trying most things that would clean pvc-in the end i spent a small fortune at morrisons buying cleaning stuff found this cleaner,and it works tried on my own windows two years ago still fine and so are my neighbours and the many others i've done(still keep checking to be on the safe side)most custies thought i window cleaned when i canvassed so---here i am window cleaning on a weekend and am to be honest loving it-hate paying the tax and extra ni though but hey thats life

richyp

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 08:02:05 pm »
how much do you charge for the averae 3 bedroomed semi to do all frames

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 08:36:21 pm »
I use DoKtor Power ... its a JML product and does the job.... i wouldnt use anything else
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

kevinc

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 09:03:53 pm »
whats it like is it a cream or something and how good are the results?

Pureandclean

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 09:17:12 pm »
Proffesionals use Renovit.

There is supposed to be a new german product coming out soon.

richyp

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 09:28:38 pm »
where can you buy renovit from m8?

kevinc

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 09:47:36 pm »
yeh i think i remember this product,it was suppose to "re-claim/renovate"what we call premiur pink-sure you';ve seen em the frames are beige/redy/pinky in colour-these were a poor quality pvc that dis colours in the sun,i beleive renovit is a solvent type thing you apply to the frame,if and only if it is a solvent steer well clear of this the other solvents we have used in the past are banned by most councils now as they are heavier than air and has in the past caused illness's(babies,pets etc)not trying to scare anyone but when i started this thing i did look at renovate and such products and used to use such a solvent at work-can't use it now h&s issues.
what it does is melt the top surface of the pvc and "reveals" the lower cleaner surface underneath-if it does that to pvc what does it do to your lungs/fingers?