p1w1

Re: DIY diesel heater.....
« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2019, 03:35:48 pm »
No not touchy..just stating a fact

p1w1

« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2019, 03:38:32 pm »
That figure includes start up and shut down power too
Looking good. Hope it works out for you, you will be able to provide hot water for those who want to try it but cant afford the real thing  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2019, 03:40:42 pm »
i think its great  richy has managed to build a hot water system at a fraction of the cost of a professional install......but i dont expect him to sell them cheap to all you lads....... ;D
price higher/work harder!

p1w1

« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2019, 03:41:26 pm »
Are the heater units CE marked ?

if so then as said you could sell them as a conversion "KIT" - and that doesn't mean the customer putting the thing together - it could be fully assembled except for (arguments sake) an exhaust

at this stage P&F could be 'giving' these away for prototype testing with the price 'covering' the cost of parts  ;)

I should think many of those who paid 4.5k will be hoping for it to fail just again to justify there own spend

Darran

not at all......if it works then it works....i cant see it being reliable though if its a chinese copy.....

if something sounds too good to be true it often is....

a guy in the gym bought a tv(55inch) for £200 from a guy in a van(retail nearly £3k!)......he got home and it doesnt work..... ;D
Bit like the ones who used to stop you in the street needing to get rid of their stock of Rolex watches  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2019, 03:48:59 pm »
i think its mostly petty,jealous window cleaners having a go at guys that have spent a few grand for a professional hot water system install.........they either cant afford one or their just tight b***ards.... ;D

rich probably cant afford one but he s using his mechanical know how/skills to build one himself for a fraction of the cost.....fair play to the guy! :)

P @ F

« Reply #225 on: August 23, 2019, 04:02:00 pm »
Daz I could buy one today if I wanted to , but I don’t have the payload or space to put one in !

And I am getting the same hot water you do , not that cheap Chinese copy water  :D

Just moving the van to the music department and I will get a pic of the nasty hot water I’m using
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #226 on: August 23, 2019, 04:07:49 pm »
Look it’s me doing overtime!

P @ F

« Reply #227 on: August 23, 2019, 04:29:27 pm »
Temp from brush and after heater

Smudger

« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2019, 04:48:29 pm »

you mean opinion  ::)roll

hot water is hot water - simple some want to pay through the nose for it others happy to have value for money  ;D

you know the sides will never agree

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #229 on: August 23, 2019, 05:14:49 pm »
My cheap Chinese water cleans far better than Daz’s   ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2019, 06:49:18 pm »

hot water is hot water - simple some want to pay through the nose for it others happy to have value for money  ;D

Darran

We all use purified water but all use different ways in doing so. Be it a 4040 //  600 gpd or 450 gpd  or lower etc. Whilst others use double DI or harvest rain water etc and yet no one questions that or shouts about how much it costs them.
Why cant it be the same with just heating up cold water to an higher temperature guys!  It doesn't really matter in which way it's done is it
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #231 on: August 23, 2019, 07:02:42 pm »
Are the heater units CE marked ?

if so then as said you could sell them as a conversion "KIT" - and that doesn't mean the customer putting the thing together - it could be fully assembled except for (arguments sake) an exhaust

at this stage P&F could be 'giving' these away for prototype testing with the price 'covering' the cost of parts  ;)

I should think many of those who paid 4.5k will be hoping for it to fail just again to justify there own spend

Darran

not at all......if it works then it works....i cant see it being reliable though if its a chinese copy.....

if something sounds too good to be true it often is....

a guy in the gym bought a tv(55inch) for £200 from a guy in a van(retail nearly £3k!)......he got home and it doesnt work..... ;D

Daz, I had one of them!! When I got home the volume button wouldn’t work. .......................... but for that price you couldn’t turn it down.

P @ F

« Reply #232 on: August 23, 2019, 07:50:48 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2019, 12:25:31 am »

Darran

We all use purified water but all use different ways in doing so. Be it a 4040 //  600 gpd or 450 gpd  or lower etc. Whilst others use double DI or harvest rain water etc and yet no one questions that or shouts about how much it costs them.
Why cant it be the same with just heating up cold water to an higher temperature guys!  It doesn't really matter in which way it's done is it

You're forgetting the Ionic parts per billion system buyers.

Smudger

« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2019, 12:54:39 pm »
My take on it is this....

those that have spent (shall I say a large amount - seeing as they are a bit prickly) on a hot water system have, on every occasion made it clear that any other form of producing hot is not only as good at cleaning as 'their' hot water but is either dangerous or done because those who choose other methods are some way a second class business.

If your circumstances are such you wish to buy a system there's no problem with that - but the benefits of hot are NOT massive they are marginal - definitely a would like to have as opposed to I need to have. they are more about making the job comfortable than cleaning better  ( I have run various tests and time trials )

There is no way the investment in a heated system from grippa etc.. pays for itself within 8 years never mind 3 years so as a business decision it makes no sense - for a single operator possibly. But p&f is doing something fantastic - taking an air heater and turning it into an on demand water heater for what is a more attractive cost (lets face it the 'Webasto' systems are just a glorified conversion job.

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2019, 01:04:19 pm »
And it’s just about to get a whole lot easier , check this out  ;D
Not sure on specs yet but it would be usable as a grippa type setup.

Status Check

« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2019, 01:26:00 pm »
Great find.

Thats just what we wanted.

dazmond

« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2019, 01:40:19 pm »

those that have spent (shall I say a large amount - seeing as they are a bit prickly) on a hot water system have, on every occasion made it clear that any other form of producing hot is not only as good at cleaning as 'their' hot water but is either dangerous or done because those who choose other methods are some way a second class business.

If your circumstances are such you wish to buy a system there's no problem with that - but the benefits of hot are NOT massive they are marginal - definitely a would like to have as opposed to I need to have. they are more about making the job comfortable than cleaning better  ( I have run various tests and time trials )

There is no way the investment in a heated system from grippa etc.. pays for itself within 8 years never mind 3 years so as a business decision it makes no sense - for a single operator possibly. But p&f is doing something fantastic - taking an air heater and turning it into an on demand water heater for what is a more attractive cost (lets face it the 'Webasto' systems are just a glorified conversion job.

Darran

i reckon i shave around 30 mins off my day using hot water compared to cold water cleaning...ok its not a huge amount but over the course of 8 years it is...on an average of 2 hours a week saved (on a 46 week year) its 736 hours over 8 years which is over a full months work(working day and night! ;D).... ;D ;D ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2019, 01:48:52 pm »

Darran
Totally agree, with the exception of NK the claims on what hot water can do tend to rise with the money spent, we now even have so called sweet spot that for some reason can only be reached by an expensive diesel system and any temp below it is no different to cold, the stupidity and delusion in this is unreal.