Smudger

Re: DIY diesel heater.....
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2019, 08:27:45 pm »
ask him a hard one like point to your ar$e or your elbow  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2019, 09:03:48 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Daz does make a good point though with the safety check .
I have no idea what it entails , being as the heater is an import which I don’t think carries a CE mark at present ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2019, 09:05:12 pm »
Is it even legally marketable  ?
Anybody know ?

p1w1

« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2019, 09:25:21 pm »
Is it even legally marketable  ?
Anybody know ?
If you lived in China it would be  ;D.. 
Why not just sell the info on how to build it ? what parts you need, where to get parts etc and a set of instructions.
This may be of help  ;D https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3D0rSm9tMLy9m9wJth7Fl7S/apply-to-enter-the-den

dazmond

« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2019, 09:54:32 pm »
Cheers Daz , do you know  what seals the exhaust where it goes through the van floor ?

no idea.....grippatank will know of course.......
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2019, 10:00:13 pm »
ask him a hard one like point to your ar$e or your elbow  ;D

Darran

so you as the boss of a  professional cleaning company would take a risk on  a cheap chinese copy diesel water heater made by a clever little window cleaner.......good move that smudger! :-*

Smudger

« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2019, 10:10:49 pm »
For testing purposes only - yes I would

I'm sure P&F wouldn't use inferior parts to allow diesel to leak out  ;)

;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Dry Clean

« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2019, 01:07:52 am »

Dave Willis

« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2019, 07:11:14 am »
CE = Chinese Export

Smudger

« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2019, 08:31:19 am »
none of that may apply after October  :-\

Darran

s.w.c

« Reply #210 on: August 23, 2019, 08:57:03 am »
sounds like a lot of old flaffing about, I'm happy to stay cold water and have done for last 13 years, plus over say last five years we have had milder winter maybe mor wetter and it's only going to get better over more years,

P @ F

« Reply #211 on: August 23, 2019, 08:58:08 am »
Bit of a mine field that  :-\ :'(

Dry Clean

« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2019, 10:35:19 am »
Bit of a mine field that  :-\ :'(

Yeh, for a hobby I used to convert vans into campers and as long as the gas appliances had a been checked and approved by a corgi registered  engineer then I could sell them on, its only when I looked at turning it into a business that things became more complicated.

Smudger

« Reply #213 on: August 23, 2019, 11:05:27 am »
Are the heater units CE marked ?

if so then as said you could sell them as a conversion "KIT" - and that doesn't mean the customer putting the thing together - it could be fully assembled except for (arguments sake) an exhaust

at this stage P&F could be 'giving' these away for prototype testing with the price 'covering' the cost of parts  ;)

I should think many of those who paid 4.5k will be hoping for it to fail just again to justify there own spend

Darran

p1w1

« Reply #214 on: August 23, 2019, 11:29:26 am »

if so then as said you could sell them as a conversion "KIT" - and that doesn't mean the customer putting the thing together - it could be fully assembled except for (arguments sake) an exhaust

at this stage P&F could be 'giving' these away for prototype testing with the price 'covering' the cost of parts  ;)

I should think many of those who paid 4.5k will be hoping for it to fail just again to justify there own spend

Darran
Your making yourself look stupid now, the only person who seems obsessed with what people have paid is you.

Dry Clean

« Reply #215 on: August 23, 2019, 11:58:48 am »

Darran
Your making yourself look stupid now, the only person who seems obsessed with what people have paid is you.

Exactly, these same guys were buying used Gardiner poles on Ebay for twice their new value, they wont even notice that your heater is cheaper.

P @ F

« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2019, 03:16:53 pm »
Did a power test yesterday  may even be able to run these of the system battery alone !
5 hours running on full whack .
Amp use in bottom left

P @ F

« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2019, 03:19:02 pm »
That figure includes start up and shut down power too

Smudger

« Reply #218 on: August 23, 2019, 03:33:07 pm »

Darran

awwwww.....   getting a bit touchy are we ?    here have a kiss for the weekend and chill out  :-*

dazmond

« Reply #219 on: August 23, 2019, 03:35:44 pm »

Darran

not at all......if it works then it works....i cant see it being reliable though if its a chinese copy.....

if something sounds too good to be true it often is....

a guy in the gym bought a tv(55inch) for £200 from a guy in a van(retail nearly £3k!)......he got home and it doesnt work..... ;D