ben M

Re: Shirts
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 05:35:17 pm »
no it looks aweful and unprofessional
+1

andyM

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 05:39:00 pm »
I use "spray-on" clothing in this hot weather.  ;)
Did a ladder job the other day and customer complained because she could see a crack through her window.  :P
One of the Plebs

Llaaww

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 05:39:34 pm »
At no time............. ever.
if it is dirty it is fair game

PoleKing

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 05:39:40 pm »
Post a pic of your (delete as appropriate) 6 pack/beer gut, massive pecs/moobs, bulging biceps/flabby floppy arms and we'll vote if you should go topless.
As for the girls comment-perhaps not a bad idea. I'd hire the right lass
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

deeege

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 05:49:21 pm »
It's not something I've ever done in the past...... however monday and tuesday we were doing a 2 day fascia/gutter/soffit/conservatory/pressure washing job on a large country house and when the owner went out I took my shirt off for a few hours. :)

It's certainly not something I do whilst regular window cleaning though.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

robert mitchell

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 05:53:39 pm »
i picked up a commercial contract last year (communal flat windows -5-6 hours work at £230) because the previous companies workers were working with no tops on and some residents complained.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

simonr

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 06:07:35 pm »
 i wear a vest but carry a short sleeve shirt for some jobs

why should we be any different from builders,gardeners,painters,roofers etc  all work on peoples houses too & no one cries if they take their top off

wfp master

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 09:00:06 pm »
no never have.

8weekly

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 10:41:42 pm »

why should we be any different from builders,gardeners,painters,roofers etc  all work on peoples houses too & no one cries if they take their top off
How do you know nobody cares?

Tom White

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 10:47:40 pm »
Do you clean not wearing a shirt?

No, I want to get on with the job, and not fend of bored housewives; it's bad enough them undressing me with their eyes all the time, never mind actually being undressed.

It's not easy being this sexy.  :'(

lal

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 03:17:09 pm »

No, I want to get on with the job, and not fend of bored housewives; it's bad enough them undressing me with their eyes all the time, never mind actually being undressed.

It's not easy being this sexy. 

Tosh it must be the Heat or something!!

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 03:39:07 pm »

It's not easy being this sexy.  :'(
;D ;D

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 04:00:23 pm »
I would sack my staff for this, we don't even wear polo shirts ! due to tattoos !

if they have tats then they will wear long sleeved dress shirts with ties in the winter ! weather there cleaning carpet or windows still to many people think that tattoos and now ok and its the norm

not if you want the little old ladies its not they still don't like them and we cover up and yes I have tattoos myself one full arm and my full back done , and guess what I cover up when working !

jimiwindows

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 05:19:55 pm »
No way its to chavy

Tom White

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 05:27:13 pm »
guess what I cover up when working !

Everything; you're a strict Muslim and you wear a burka!!

Am I correct?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 06:36:43 pm »
I would sack my staff for this, we don't even wear polo shirts ! due to tattoos !

if they have tats then they will wear long sleeved dress shirts with ties in the winter ! weather there cleaning carpet or windows still to many people think that tattoos and now ok and its the norm

not if you want the little old ladies its not they still don't like them and we cover up and yes I have tattoos myself one full arm and my full back done , and guess what I cover up when working !

Your nose and your ear?
It's a game of three halves!

G Griffin

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 11:21:52 pm »
I work without a shirt but always wear a tie.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

deeege

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 11:44:21 pm »

Long sleeve dress shirts with ties when cleaning windows, really?

I would love to see your crew out working! Would brighten up my day right up but I'd feel a bit underdressed in boots, shorts and a logo'd T-shirt.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."