Michael Peterson

Brush storage
« on: August 20, 2017, 01:04:37 pm »
Right lads I'm gunna buy a few different brushes and want to store them somewhere nice in that van rather than a box l, has anyone done this and what did you use I was thinking maybe shoe storage ?

nathankaye

Re: Brush storage
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 01:16:31 pm »
On panels of back doors ive just put some hooks which i just hang them from.
But then i only take the extra 2 brushes out with me as i dont have the need to swap them really. Its just incase anything goes wrong for me
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 03:05:16 pm »
I dont know how anyone can afford to have more than a couple at a time with the daft prices they are.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 07:13:47 pm »
I use door cards from grippatank.4 holders for spare brushes/goosenecks and 1 boab holder.
price higher/work harder!

Michael Peterson

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 07:18:02 pm »
thanks daz massive help

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 09:45:37 pm »
Self adhesive hooks from the pound shop....job done

Slacky

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 09:00:29 am »
I keep mine on the end of the poles.

mufcglen

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 02:02:04 pm »
i got stephen scargill to make me a load of box shelves for the back door and inside of the van,he makes them for grippa i believe.
i used to have them hanging up but they look neater i think stored away!!!

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 06:59:10 am »
Why buy different brushes? Don't you use the same brush for everything?
You can't polish a turd

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 07:16:47 am »

I use an ultimate medium brush for first cleans and ultimate flocked for maintenance cleans , but iv got my old brushes hanging up in the van just in case of an emergency 🚨

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 08:41:51 am »

no.

i generally use a ultimate medium mixed brush for lots of work however i have a lot of awkward angle windows to clean this week on estate work so an xtreme brush makes them easier.

i also have a flocked ultimate for delicate wooden/leaded windows on some work,another with fan jets for add on jobs and a 90 degree gooseneck with a fixed flocked SL on for solar panels.i also prefer SL brushes for larger domestics and commercial jobs so have one of them in the van too.

with the quick lock fittings it takes seconds to swap brushes when required
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 09:53:27 am »

no.

i generally use a ultimate medium mixed brush for lots of work however i have a lot of awkward angle windows to clean this week on estate work so an xtreme brush makes them easier.

i also have a flocked ultimate for delicate wooden/leaded windows on some work,another with fan jets for add on jobs and a 90 degree gooseneck with a fixed flocked SL on for solar panels.i also prefer SL brushes for larger domestics and commercial jobs so have one of them in the van too.

with the quick lock fittings it takes seconds to swap brushes when required
Sounds like a lot of faffing about to me  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 09:01:22 pm »
You have to carry a few brushes , i got 30 metres of clear perspex roof both sides dropped on me at 1.30 today , i had the extreme on the pole at the time , it soon got swapped for the ultimate stiff to break through the algae .

Rich 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 09:25:52 pm »
I wouldnt dream of swapping brushes on my first pole, it took alot of faffing to do so. Lol i know when i soon changed from the red bricks of vikan (from purefreedom) to one from gardiner (cant remember which now).
But now i use the quick lock fittings its a doddle and far easier on those odd jobs to have the right tool (brush) for the job.

Wouldnt be without the quick release angle gooseneck (or whatever its called). Instead of trying to loosen a hard plastic lug nut with cold hands etc.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk