Recent Posts

Window Cleaning Forum / Re: GARDINER SUPER-SCRAPER ABRASIVE PAD
« Last post by windowswashed on Today at 10:23:56 pm »
They are very good
Why not put excess profits into passive income?
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: Building a large window cleaning business
« Last post by Ggh on Today at 10:12:38 pm »
Why make money from residential window cleaning when there’s easier ways? More profitable.

The other forum is a bit racist from what I remember.
« Last post by Slacky on Today at 09:30:41 pm »
How many vans are you running mate?
Window Cleaning Forum / GARDINER SUPER-SCRAPER ABRASIVE PAD
« Last post by CraigDowney on Today at 09:08:09 pm »
So, I have just received and added these to my pole for the first time.

However when I received the pads it appears to me to be like some sort of upholstery filler or such.
Does anyone know what these pads are/made of?
I bet you can by it by the roll!
Mate your an idiot.you caused half of your own problems on the forum.tbf most of your posts where funny and you took the grief well but your posting load of crap re the other.forum

Rather be a rich idiot than a poor genius, though.
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: hi mod pole
« Last post by AuRavelling79 on Today at 06:19:16 pm »
hi guys, would any of you recommend that a hi mod pole would  ease strain on my joints etc Was thinking that any effort put into the pole would more likely translate to what I want it to do therefore using less overall effort? if so what would you recommend, presently using a phanton 22ft which is an awesome workhorse, but the hi mod version is more than double the regular one and loads more than any of the competition. 

Any thoughts on the xline hex hi mod?

I had to go back to using a clx 18 for a couple of days whilst  waiting for a nano replacement section.... It couldn't come quick enough. I have a dodgy shoulder through this job and  could feel it at the end of the day using the clx and was definitely more fatigued.  Alot of people on here seem to think the hi mods only really come into their own on the bigger poles, don't you believe it... I can clean 90 to 95% of my round just using an 18ft,it makes complete sense (ergonomically) to therefore use the lightest most rigid pole for the longest of times. From an ergonomic point of view, it's bonkers to carry round a larger pole than needed  for the majority of the day. I can't think of any windows above connys that I can't reach with an 18footer,and just get the steps out to reach the windows above flat roofs. A high mod pole transfers far more of the energy you put into the pole to the brush than using the budget poles. They are undeniable alot more expensive to use but as you get older your needs change, Ive got another 8 1/2 yrs till state pension kicks in and  ergonomics now take priority over expenses.

I carry 3 poles.

My regular pole. An Xtreme 20. (4 sections like an 18 but from an extreme 25 so longer)

My Xtreme 25.

My Xtreme 47. (Now down to about 44 due to breakages)

I had a clamp go on my regular pole and switched to my 25 for the rest of the day and the day after before replacing the clamp on my regular pole.

When I went back to my '20' it felt so much lighter and easier.
Mate your an idiot.you caused half of your own problems on the forum.tbf most of your posts where funny and you took the grief well but your posting load of crap re the other.forum

Do they use English as their first language on the other forum?
« Last post by ricstat05 on Today at 05:13:08 pm »
Window Cleaning Forum / Re: hi mod pole
« Last post by Viscount on Today at 04:17:09 pm »
Not meaning to bang the Reach-it drum, but I had a sore ligament/tendon in my arm from rinsing off.
I use an slx 27 as my daily pole (I find I have so many houses I need it the length, I just use a 27). I was also taking on and off an extension section a couple of times a day.

Since going to the standard Reach-it radial (a heavy brush)  I never rinse off and the strain was completely gone. I leave the extension on all the time now and basically use a 31/5 ft pole all day long and feel fresh as a daisy at the end of the day. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but the radial brush made life so much easier on my arms.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10