SimonBolton

Need to source this hose
« on: July 11, 2020, 11:38:40 am »

A friend who's sadly passed away gave me this hose years ago. It's the best pole hose I've ever had. It's 8mm OD 5.5mm ID
I don't know where he got it from (possibly ionics but no one there remembers it) and there's no identifying marks on the hose. As the attached photos show it won't crease even when nipped and springs back to it's original shape. It lasted me years and only perishing wore it out. I've tried several suppliers and can't find it anywhere. I've taken it to a dedicated supplier of hoses in Essex but they'd never seen anything like it before.
Does anyone recognise this and could they direct me to a supplier?
Thanks

RPCCS

Re: Need to source this hose
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 02:21:05 pm »
There is a hydraulics company near me in Newcastle that might be worth trying.
Do a search for GT Hydraulics Newcastle, I have been there for bits and bobs of fittings over the years and the lad on the trade counter is really helpful. Might be worth dropping them an email or a phone call.
Cheers Rich

SimonBolton

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 02:31:06 pm »
Cheers mate.
Will give it a go

Simon Trapani

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 04:18:16 pm »
Gardiner's  used to do a 8mm OD pole hose 10 years or more back, before for yellow came out for trip hazard safety.

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 04:55:32 pm »

A friend who's sadly passed away gave me this hose years ago. It's the best pole hose I've ever had. It's 8mm OD 5.5mm ID
I don't know where he got it from (possibly ionics but no one there remembers it) and there's no identifying marks on the hose. As the attached photos show it won't crease even when nipped and springs back to it's original shape. It lasted me years and only perishing wore it out. I've tried several suppliers and can't find it anywhere. I've taken it to a dedicated supplier of hoses in Essex but they'd never seen anything like it before.
Does anyone recognise this and could they direct me to a supplier?
Thanks

Is this it?

https://www.bladerightcleaningsupplies.co.uk/shop/water-fed-window-cleaning/hoses-reels/pole-hose-5-5mm-blade-right/

click on the colour you want
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)