steve doyle

Re: driveway cleaning must have solutions
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 10:16:50 pm »
cheers ds and roger,

A few reasons to make me look again! I guess its gonna come down to speed and if the turbo can save me some time then its got to be a good tool to have.

Watch this space!

steve

carpet guy

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 10:48:06 pm »
i was under the impression that the use of hpjetting was unacceptable on monoblock for obvious reasons, removal of sand / whin dust, which allows blocks to move and lose stability, causing the breakdown of the structure.

BDCS

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 11:23:57 pm »
Right so you resand - how do you suggest we clean "monoblock" then carpet guy ?

drivewasher

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 01:02:17 am »
i was under the impression that the use of hpjetting was unacceptable on monoblock for obvious reasons, removal of sand / whin dust, which allows blocks to move and lose stability, causing the breakdown of the structure.

A fsc will take a minimul amount of sand from between blocks, as the jet hits the surface at an angle. Mine removes about 10mm. The blocks do rely on sand between them to tighten the blocks together giving it strengh, you are right. But don't forget the gaps aren't completly emptied down to the base sand and the blocks have a 3mm spacer built in the edges to keep the nice neat distance from the next block, so for a few days during drying I ask custy to try and keep vehicles off driveway as much as possible untill I return to resand after a couple of dry days. HA! HA! I should be so lucky!

What you shouldn't do is point a lance or turbo nozzle directly down the gaps especially near the walls or the hydraulic pressure will lift them out.
I'm always in the poo, it's just the depth that varies

dandandan

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 09:27:02 pm »
I have found that the flat surface cleaner i have,a whirlaway,is good at cleaning block but it has dissapointed me when attemting to remove all the moss from joints,i had my washer at full throttle and still had to go over whole job with turbo nozzle with was brilliant,if i was on a budget my first impressions are get the turbo nozzle before a fsc,i think as a novice i have believed the hype,unless my machine is faulty.

BDCS

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 10:48:49 pm »
i got the tech clean and never had problems with moss - are you sure your nozzles are matched to your pump ?

drivewasher

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 11:16:38 am »
I have found that the flat surface cleaner i have,a whirlaway,is good at cleaning block but it has dissapointed me when attemting to remove all the moss from joints,i had my washer at full throttle and still had to go over whole job with turbo nozzle with was brilliant,if i was on a budget my first impressions are get the turbo nozzle before a fsc,i think as a novice i have believed the hype,unless my machine is faulty.

Whurlaway should eat the job, sounds like summuts wrong.

What p/washer havee you Bar & litres flow per minuite?

Have yo a gauge on you p/washer if so what bar is it when you are running whurlaway?

Have you got the hieghts right IE castors and main bearing block ride hieght?

The nozzle that are supplied when new are middle of the range nozzle (025) a 250 bar 15lpm machine will need 2 off 020 nozzles to give right pressure!
I'm always in the poo, it's just the depth that varies

dandandan

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 07:28:57 pm »
I`ve got a honda GX390 machine,the whole kit was supplied by merrill fox,usa so i assume they have matched everything correct,do you think i should lower the castors,they are set at middle way now.Haven`t got a pressure gage,thanks dan

BDCS

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 09:16:48 pm »
If you bought it from beryl box you can't really take it back for them to check it, I'd try lovering but someone who runs a whirlaway will advise but its east to fit a tee and a guage to check the pressure. Also check the return hose to check its not by-passing as thye unloader may also cause pressure loss

dandandan

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 07:49:54 pm »
This is the major disadvantage buying from america,getting help over the internet is no substitute for a good local supplier with hands on advice,i am even struggling to get 3/8 inch quick fit cupling connectors as one of them is spurting water,you might save money but you only have to lose a few jobs and you`ve lost out,a good company on the dock rd liverpool is ordering some for me and have advised me to change all my connectors as they are not normal stock.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2008, 08:18:51 pm »
For 3/8 quick fit couplings, try either Tech-Clean or Dual-Pumps.

BDCS

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2008, 09:39:48 pm »
The other problem is they use a slightly different thread form NPT instead of BSP (BRITISH standard pipe ) so when buying out of the states you really need to think about a spares kit.