whitty

brick cleaning
« on: January 13, 2008, 01:31:23 pm »
hi just wondering how mutch to charge for brick acid cleaning with a pressure washer on construction sites....also how do you go about getting risk assessments,method statements and coshh...thinking of starting up a business.just need to know the ins and outs.....thanks

martin19842

Re: brick cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 05:22:23 pm »
hi there,

anything else that you need to know just ask, more than happy to help.

lets be serious whitty please !!!!

whilst this is a forum to help each other out, and i am more than happy to help, and have doen over the past few years, i doubt it if anyine will give you all the answers,

you are simply asking how to set up the business, and what to charge.  and all the back office to go with it, if it were only that easy, then everyone would be doing it.

brick acid pressure washing is a subject at the moment that the nhbc are looking at with regard to limiting or even banning it, if indeed that happens then that will have severe effects on a lot of businesses, servicing the domestic house building market.

with regards to COSHH you will get that info from your chemical supplier.

with regards to cost , only you know the answer to that question, you know how much it will cost to run your business, and your drwaings or salary, therefore you can then work out what YOU  NEED to charge.

the problem is WHAT YOU NEED to charge and the amount the developer are paying for the service are most probably two different figures.

you will also find that the pressure washer company is on TENDER, and not ad hoc, therefore you will find a timeline between being awarded work and actually carrying out any chargeable services.

regards

martin

ace jetwash

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 05:47:31 pm »
good luck getting money out of a big developer, they seem to have a problem with thier diaries and can make 30 days into 90 days easily !

whitty

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 10:28:11 pm »
thanks a bunch guys

steve doyle

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 10:59:06 pm »
taken his bat and ball home,

Dont think, dont research, dont try, just expect someone else to give you everything  ::)

BDCS

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 08:59:22 pm »
I can see the point - If people make it easy for newbies they will just sit back and soak others knowledge ! They don't like to fill the profile locations either so you could be helping a competitor just round the corner

martin19842

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 09:21:55 pm »
hi there

bdcs, i will help anyone, and even if there are local, its just that some people as you say, want to have an easy life.

and lets be honest about this running a business, large or small is not easy, and anyone that believes it is, should really take a step back.

yes i agree that you will have an easy stretch that might be one week, one month or one ear, but it can get difficult very quickly, and then is when you must call upon your resolve to run your business professionally, and manage it.

regards

martin