wilclean

help with square footage
« on: June 27, 2007, 02:19:55 pm »
hi

I've just been asked to do a quote on a building from the plans as the building hasnt been finnished yet and need to know what is the going rate per square footage - I live in Co Durham. I have to see them next friday to lok over the plans to work out how many hours is needed to do the contract per week also how much to charge them per week. I would normaly give an hourly quote and an overall cost at the bottom of my quote to a new client but insists on doing it from the plans. so if anyone can help I would be most grateful.

kind regards Paul

PHILC

Re: help with square footage
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 06:46:37 pm »
what sort of build is it ?
is it apartments/offices/warehouse?

wilclean

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 07:43:37 pm »
hi

It's a new block of offices.

kind regards Paul

Robert Parry

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 02:49:17 pm »
Would stay away from this one myself, sounds like they are only interested in price, anyone who has been in this game for any length of time knows that there is much much more involved than pricing by sq ft or sqm, you need to know the density of the offices, the actual use of each space, the numbers of staff, telephones, bins, computers, the sort of heating, the types of flooring, number of units of things such as toilets, lights etc, etc, the list goes on.

How can you quote a price without knowing this information?

Regards,

Rob
A world of difference....

wilclean

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 07:12:37 pm »
Hi Robert

Thats what I was thinking, but will try and give it ago anyway as this could be one of the biggest contracts I'll get for now. I will of course ask alot of questions i.e. amount of rooms in use, how many staff will be working at anyone day of the week, type of surfaces in each room ........................ .
It sounds like the new building is much bigger than the one there in now - The cleaning firm they have in now cant be all that good if there trying to get another cleaning firm in to clean there new building besides the cost cuts. Fingers crossed that I get the contract as it will make a big difference money wise as business has been alittle slow lately.

Kind regards Paul

klc12

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 09:40:42 pm »
Paul i had one like that sometime ago, what i did was a provisional quote for 2 month stating to the client that after that time the prices may change. Once i knew what work was involved. Dont let anyone talk you out of going for it, you will regret it if you dont have a go. Just make sure you are confident and appear to kknow what you are talking about.

regards

keith