Teresa Miles

Little bit of help needed :o)
« on: May 30, 2011, 02:56:50 pm »
first of all hi to everyone!! i am a newbie and this is my 1st post.  ;D

We are in the process of starting a Business company, mainly staying on the Domestic cleaning and end of tenancy cleaning side. We are 5 days in and next week we are doing a big leaflet drop. being in Christchurch and local to Bournemouth we are confident it will work becouse of the money down here and the elderly population.

We would really like to focus on the EOT cleaning, so i am on here to beg, steal or borrow a letter template to introduce us to Estate Agents. Aslo if not being tooooooo cheeky would anybody have any a letter template aimed at people moving in or out of sold/for sale homes?? I could do them myself and somebody probably will tell me to, but i was worrying about sounding like an ameture and want to sound confident!

We both now we can offer superb cleaning quality on the domestic side and we are happy to stay away from the proffessional services ( Exterior window cleaning, Oven cleaning, and carpet cleaning) but we do have these services available to us should it be required in the clean.

if anybody can help please could you send to admin@maidstosparkle.co.uk

thanks for reading  :-*

Teresa

It can't rain all the time.

Blast Away

Re: Little bit of help needed :o)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 08:44:35 pm »
I can see why you need a template looking at your grammar.  ;D

All the best.  ;)

Rick Ward

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 09:27:46 pm »
please don't be offended Teresa but there is a message in the last post, which did make me chuckle ;D. If cleaning is your thing more than administration why not approach somebody local to you- a printer maybe- and offer to do some cleaning in exchange for their services. Templates are all well and good but you cannot beat being specific and that can only be achieved with a bit of thought and input, you may well find that you alienate potential customers early doors by going in with a cheap looking introduction.

Adam P

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 10:00:22 pm »
i don't see why the negativity towards Teresa.

For introductions i'd say a simple letter saying your names, your business name and what you do, why you're going to be able to give them what they want and the benefits of using your business. do you plan to be cheap? do you plan to clean nights and weekends for same price? do you plan to offer lastminute service?

just keep re-reading it if you're worried about it sounding bad. check it again a few hours later etc and if still concerned post it on here we'll be able to give some feedback.

also just thought i'd add that from looking on your site i have no clue where you clean.

garyj

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 11:35:51 pm »

also just thought i'd add that from looking on your site i have no clue where you clean.

"Based in Christchurch, Dorset. We are happy to travel to surrounding areas."

Hello Kermit, 4th line down, home page. Probably a good job you're not a detective.

Adam P

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 10:39:52 am »
whosshhh

Blast Away

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 09:16:22 pm »
whosshhh

I was gonna say the same to you.

Adam P

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 09:18:58 pm »
ok... ???

Blast Away

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 09:33:00 pm »

Adam P

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 09:40:02 pm »
huh?

Blast Away

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 10:19:45 pm »
huh?

i don't see why the negativity towards Teresa.

Adam P

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 10:30:23 pm »
think you grasping at straws blast to make some sort of point though not sure what it is...

Blast Away

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 10:42:08 pm »
think you grasping at straws blast to make some sort of point though not sure what it is...

Why did you write 'i don't see why the negativity towards Teresa.'??????????

Adam P

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 11:00:01 pm »
your first post suggested she wasn't good enough to write something as simple as a intro letter because of her grammar and that was it. not helpful and to me that's negative towards her as it's a simple thing to do writing an intro letter, simple enough that she could write one post on here and we'd be able to help out. your post come across as more of a pee take out of her then useful advice especially with the smiley at the end suggest a big grin because of someone's grammar. nice. it's not exactly helpful and is off putting to post here knowing people will laugh and grin at you because your English isn't perfect. she obviously thinks there is a reason why she needs a template and can't write it herself you don' need to rub her nose in it

the next post said her idea of an introduction could come across as cheap if she did it. again imo this is negative and not true. intros are easy enough to do and can be get the results she's after.

Blast Away

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 11:14:15 pm »
your first post suggested she wasn't good enough to write something as simple as a intro letter because of her grammar and that was it. not helpful and to me that's negative towards her as it's a simple thing to do writing an intro letter, simple enough that she could write one post on here and we'd be able to help out. your post come across as more of a pee take out of her then useful advice especially with the smiley at the end suggest a big grin because of someone's grammar. nice. it's not exactly helpful and is off putting to post here knowing people will laugh and grin at you because your English isn't perfect. she obviously thinks there is a reason why she needs a template and can't write it herself you don' need to rub her nose in it

the next post said her idea of an introduction could come across as cheap if she did it. again imo this is negative and not true. intros are easy enough to do and can be get the results she's after.

It was tongue in cheek. Wasn't taking the pi$$.

Yawn.

Adam P

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 11:52:06 pm »
you got to remember it doesn't always come across that way online especially to users with 2 posts on this forum.  the first post she gets back in a thread asking for help is you saying "yeah you need it", next post "that made me laugh". not exactly welcoming. how long until the next person posts just for the sake of posting...

garyj

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 12:04:55 am »
Ker,it why don't you stop blustering like you normally do and come up with inane useless chatter and actually do something for a change.

Send her the letter that you use and be helpful if you feel that strongly about it. 

Adam P

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 08:21:15 am »
that didn't take long  ;D what you on about gary?

Denise l

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 08:37:10 am »
Hi Theresa,

There,s not really a template, everyone is unique to their own business. Why not try googling other domestic cleaning firms, copy and paste bits that you like, then incorporate it into your own company. Keep it to the point and about personal service from you with attention to detail. I always use spell check on my computer for grammar, no one is 100%. Good Luck

Denise

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 08:39:10 am »
I believe that what he means (though he may correct me if I am wrong) is that you are usually the self opinionated muppet that has a snipe at others who ask for help, however this time you were beaten to it, and instead of actually offering help to the original poster as you are blustering about, you instead decided to snipe at  blast away.
However as Gary rightly pointed out, if you feel so strongly about offering to help the original poster, why don't you send her a copy of your letter, as you seem to be the all knowing oracle on all matters cleaning and non cleaning.    ;D

Adam P

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 08:43:04 am »
have you read this thread hector? grasping at straws once again. thought this part of the forum had the most sense guess the disease is spreading.

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 08:46:43 am »
too true you have been bothering people on here for quite a while now :P

Adam P

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 08:50:55 am »
you get bothered by people's posts? that's quite sad hector even for a man of your age that's really too bad. shame

Sarah Kirby

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 09:14:53 am »
Adam, I get quite worn out just from reading your posts. You started off sounding like you had something useful to say to Theresa but then, as usual, went on and on and on with your witterings. I too have differculty constructing introduction letters so please, if you really can help, share your wisdom on here an show us the template or letter you would use......You never know, you may surprise us all with your masterpiece.  :-*

Adam P

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 09:25:26 am »
what are you on about Sarah? i made a post with advice, then someone replied so i replied back. that's exactly how this thread continued. if you can't see it re-read it it's all there right in front of your face on-line for you to see clearly. that's how it works Sarah. as mentioned this place is usually the area the sensible people hang out but seems they are on holiday today leaving me to fight off the zombies that following each other into this thread.

Sarah Kirby

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 09:37:33 am »
I rest my case  ::)

Pristine Clean

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 10:12:36 am »
I love threads like these...

It really makes the forum bounce with happiness.  ;D

Ill have another cup of tea.

This is a bit of a long shot, but I am sure you guys even the original poster must get emails from companies selling something or a service.

Look at them. Or have a look on Google.

Here is a site that in my opinion is helpful and has some guidence.

http://www.businessballs.com/introletters.htm

Also if your grammar is not up to scratch. Very much like my own.. get someone to proof read it - Make sure that someone is a good reader and can use the English language to its full potential

All the best

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 08:22:48 pm »
what are you on about Sarah? i made a post with advice, then someone replied so i replied back. that's exactly how this thread continued. if you can't see it re-read it it's all there right in front of your face on-line for you to see clearly. that's how it works Sarah. as mentioned this place is usually the area the sensible people hang out but seems they are on holiday today leaving me to fight off the zombies that following each other into this thread.

I would have enjoyed a battle of wits with you Kermit..............................

But it would not be fair fighting an unarmed man................... ;D

Adam P

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 08:24:46 pm »
what's wits?

Sarah Kirby

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 10:09:34 pm »

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 07:59:12 am »

Rick Ward

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 06:42:13 pm »
there ends it

Tom Fairhall

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2011, 01:10:03 am »
quite amusing reading, so not quite the end.