nathankaye

changing van set up
« on: July 29, 2017, 07:48:32 pm »
I needed to make a small adjustment to the location of my motor for my reel and decided to re jig my van around.
So far;

Lol so i will be posting more pics tomorrow when i mostly finish it, so theres the warning more spam photos to be added  ;D ;D

And improved security features in the van, but obviously not highlighting that much
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

Re: changing van set up
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 08:29:31 pm »
Thought i was in my nans bathroom then , i dig those across the bath trays  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 09:08:55 pm »
Thought i was in my nans bathroom then , i dig those across the bath trays  ;D

😂😂
Put a couple of screws through them and there perfect for me to keep my sponges.....i mean wet rags in  😂😂 and my tool box without it sliding all over the place.

Tho I am suprised no one has picked up on them before now
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 09:38:38 pm »
Improved security measures eh ....... is that to stop yer nans robbing their trays back ya tea leaf  ;D ;D ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 11:54:20 pm »
Didnt occur to me till some time after, but posting a vid about whats in your van might not always be the best idea.  I post it as it may help give ideas to others, but then theres always the low lifes who get other ideas.

Plus i dont trust the old dears, those granny's are wiser than they look  ;D :o
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 01:59:01 pm »
Its taking shape now.
Batteries out the way, most of the wires are tucked away and begining to look good.
Just using hair dryer to dry paint a little so its touch dry. Then i can plumb in the hose n reel and take the final picture.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 06:10:41 pm »
Come on Nath , im waiting to see the finished job , no doubt you will treat us to a youtube a bit later , well done mate , looks good so far i reckon  ;)

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 06:51:12 pm »
Ran into a couple of snags.
Connected pump up without the fuse section connected and blown the controller  ???   So thats a £90 mistake to get a new one.
It works on full power so will have to use my valve tap to control flow until i sort that out.
Snag 2,    ran out of descent hose and sunday shops are shut. So ive made do for now with the cheap nasty green hose. But also highlights the 3rd snag.  I need a 90degree elbow to fit onto my filter instead of the straight arm!! Does anybody know where i can get one from??

But this is it for now till i improve upon it next wknd. When im fully happy with it (+ 2nd coat of paint etc) I'll do a vid to show it better.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 07:14:40 pm »
Looking good mate , one thing though ......whats stopping you from mounting the motor at the rear of the reel to cut down on finger fatality in the chain  ;D ;D ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 07:28:17 pm »
Looking good mate , one thing though ......whats stopping you from mounting the motor at the rear of the reel to cut down on finger fatality in the chain  ;D ;D ;D

Because that didnt even occur to me  ::)roll ::)roll
Cheers, i'll rectify that next wknd as well.
👍
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 07:57:12 pm »
Things to remember though , is the motor one direction only or will it run the other way if you reverse the polarity , if not you will have to mount it on the other side of the chain ......also the chain length , can it easily be shortened , it may have a split link in it or you will have to get a link removal tool , halfords do them , prob £10 these days , if its bike chain style of course.

Just saving you unforseen probs old bean !

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 08:02:03 pm »
They run both ways with polarity reversed, found this out the other day when i swopped mine into my new van and swore at it for a bit before i realised i had wired it back to front

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 08:05:45 pm »
^^^^^^ You see i am wasted as a window cleaner  ;D

If you have to shorten the chain , even with a split link you will need one of these , providing it is bike sort of size .

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-maintenance/bike-tools/topeak-universal-bike-chain-tool

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 08:36:32 pm »
Yep it works both ways.
Cheers, tho i do have a chain splitter. It was easier to fit forward facing especially under old van layout and so i simply refitted in general same position.
But i do have more space to the rear and that was a good shout out. Lol i simply didnt consider it.
But cheers for advise 👍
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 08:45:52 pm »
Hey , i dont care bud , its your pinkies not mine  ;D ;D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 08:49:15 pm »
Im glad to see the vanity mirror made it back into the new layout i must say though  :-*

JandS

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 09:45:10 am »
Made same mistake as Nathan when fitting new tank in van and did it on a Sunday.
You get so far then find out the part you thought would fit doesn't and the  parts place in Leeds is shut so everything stops.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.