How many custys on data base?
« on: November 17, 2009, 08:11:23 pm »
Just out of interest.

Cheers

Justin

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: How many custys on data base?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 08:48:24 pm »
If I'd kept everyone on database then I'd have loads more but I refresh them after 3 years.

Shaun

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 08:59:06 pm »
IF, and I say IF, the person who has 3000-4000 clients on the database, writes to each of them just once per year, and lets say thats 3500, at current 2nd class postage (30p) that comes to £1050.
That could still be cheaper then YP and if the response was good then it would pay ie 1% response would be 35 call backs, average job say £80 = £2800

If no response after a few years, I think it may be reasonable to take a client off the list.

alan lewis

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 09:16:53 pm »
The real question is how many are active customers? im sure we all have people on our systems we have'nt worked for in years, Shaun may have the best idea, as its better to have a smaller database of people who actually use you regulaly rather than say 5000.....that don't!

Marketing people will tell you that you lose about 20% of your customer base every 5 years anyway due to amongst other things marriage, divorce, death, emigration, moving house etc.

Alan

DavidWright76

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 09:19:32 pm »
Er... about eight so far & hoping for at least another six during the Christmas rush.

Stu.Clem

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 10:25:48 pm »
Mind your own business - stop worrying about others and get on with your own.

Not being nasty but asking questions like this I beleive could seriously limit your potential by way of  feeling "I got more than him and he doin allright"...

Best wishes

Stu  ;)

MAX Carpets

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 07:10:32 am »
Can you not ask a question on here without someone being abusive/pompus/stupid!

As it was said, just out of interest. It was never going to be even because of different times of trading. But it is useful to hear different comments on how we all use our database.

I for one have a different way of using mine which is simple but very affective. But as we should "mind our own business" I wouldnt wont to bother you all with this.

Justin Perry Signing off from clean it up for good! Bye bye!

Joe H

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 07:16:55 am »
OK Justin.
28 have voted so far.
What are the statistics telling you?  Surely its comments as well that will tell you things.
You must have started the thread for a reason - or was it really just "out of interest".

derek west

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 08:23:48 am »
please be nice and sensible to justin or he won't play with us.

derek

Joe H

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 08:27:51 am »
It is good to have a bit of light hearted banter, cant be serious all the time, the forums would boring.
I do think things are allowed to go too far at times though.

Never use facebook or bebo type things, but its interesting the news this morning is that there should be a panic button on those type of sites for those who are feeling they are being abused or in danger.

derek west

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 11:00:32 am »
some one bullied me with type face, i've got bruises all over to prove it, one type face put me in hospital for a week. i could of just ignored it but i'm not that clever. or i could of laughed and taken it with a pinch of salt, or even joined in but the pain and suffering was unbearable.  ;D

bring back boring forums where everyone is polite with no jokes  or difficult questions, and everybody says things like, oh jolly good and bravo. and if for some unknown reason we actually don't agree on something somebody says, we should just agree anyway out of politeness to our fellow man.

god i'm bored. swine flu cancellation, again. second one this week.

derek

ps......is this a forum for men?

MAX Carpets

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 12:16:33 pm »
Joe,

It really was just out of interest. Never does a post stay on track, so I was hoping to find out a bit more on how others use there data base. I have been building mine since 1988, I have 3000 good customers on it. I do have a very useful tip which I was going to share. From this database I run 2 Blazers and a large porty with myself and 3 staff. Sorry if I dont qualify in some people's opinion.

Derek

Your a jerk!  8) :) ;)

MAX Carpets

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 12:17:13 pm »
I put smiley faces on it so not to offend you.

derek west

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 12:23:58 pm »
justin
its posts like that that stop people posting on here so good bye,  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

could of sworn i put smiley faces on another thread and still some big girls blouse took offence.

anyway i'm off to the doctors as justins last post really hurt me. ;D ;D ;D ;D

derek

ps. middle of the day and people like me who aren't fully booked and never claim to be are posting on here, looks like i'll have to holiday at butlins again. ;D <------------- look! a smiley

clinton

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 02:06:12 pm »
Joe

Your right on a panic button ;D

Same here a bit of abuse dont bother me ;D ;D

MAX Carpets

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 05:11:38 pm »
Derek

Lunch break. Jerk ;)

MAX Carpets

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 05:15:20 pm »
Derek

Is it not the purpose of forums to learn from others?? Or is your web site www.Iknowitall.com??

I bet Richard Branson is shaking in his boots, as the mighty Derek is in business!

(well, when he comes back from the doctors)

Oh by the way you was on-line today at the same time. I had other people earning for me while I had my lunch, did you?? jerk >:(

Smiley face so I dont offend.

MAX Carpets

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 05:26:42 pm »

Derek

To be honest, I'm not to sure why you got involved, if this post is of no interest to you, why comment? I also think its a bit silly to reply to a post "mind your own business" If you dont ask questions, you dont learn. Just my opinion, but hey what so I know> Hopefully I'll be as great as Derek one day!

Justin

Joe H

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 05:41:59 pm »
So Justin
You have a database of around 3000 - thats some going.
Do you manage to keep in touch with them all?
how often?
is it some you target more then others ie areas, spend etc?
and what return do you get in terms of replies and turnover?

MAX Carpets

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 05:53:01 pm »
Joe

I keep it very basic, Every Jan I write to every custy we have cleaned for the last five years in Jan, and so on. This as I say is basic, but if done every month without fail it leaves no stone unturned. I also keep a note of all EOT work, when I write to these I always address it "Dear Valued Customer" I normally send these 11 months after first clean, because 9 times out of 10 the lease is due up for renewal and they cant resist opening the letter! I'm not sure how others keep hold of the EOT property, but this is how we do it and it works, very well! After all as nice as some custys are, it is only the carpets we are really interested in. I would be intersted to know how others keep EOT properties as regular calls, or should I "mind my own business"? Sorry couldnt help it.

Cheers!

Justin