Jim Gibbard

Re: New website
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2009, 07:45:37 pm »
Tre,
At least I have the manners to address you by name, something which in your haste to promote your views over others you seem to forget. 

As I said, I am only expressing personal observations and views from my personal experience.  You seem to have taken it rather personally and launched a fusilade of critisism my way.  Everyone on this forum is allowed to form their own views regarding comments or postings without being bullied by people who think their views are the only ones which matter.  People will make up their own minds as to who they believe !!!  If they believe you, fine I have no problem with that.  But what I provide, or people like me - if they can be bothered to post, is an alternative view, in esscence, "A Choice of Views".

It is obviously to your benefit to promote your website design service, I have nothing against that at all.  What I do not like is your assumption that everything you say is correct and the best way to go.  All statistics can prove any point you want to prove, just look at governments and the way they operate.  I feel no ill will towards you because you wish to promote your website business, it is just a pity that you do not think along the same lines towards anyone who dares to oppose your views.

I stated my opinion in my first post, that opinion has not changed, whether you disagree or agree.  I do note however, that you did not concede that domain name relevancy was correct, considering you use it on Fraser's site as your main focus regarding keywords or keyword phrases.

You quote people from this forum sending you emails in support of you.  If they have something to say, why not let everyone view their comments instead of hiding behind private emails.

Tre, I wish you success, but please remember, yours views and opinions are not the only ones that matter in the grand scheme of things.

Kind regards,
Jim

www.spic-n-span.co.uk
Cleaning is our Game - Excellence is our Aim !!!

Bob Robertson

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2009, 09:04:39 pm »
I have to agree with Jim on this, you have done yourself no favours posting the e-mail comment. It starts off making no sense at all,with another few mistakes and calling people idiots, maybe he should look in the mirror.  If he doesn't have the courtesy to post his views on the thread then he shouldn't comment at all!

"By the look of Refresh Cleaning's site so do you. When I've looked at your "supporting" WEB 2.0 stuff it's obvious that you know a lot more than "stick the keyword phrase in the URL". What pes me off is that there are people on that site with no web knowledge, for whom a profitable website could make the difference between staying in business and going bump. They might actually think he knows he knows something or worse still take his advice! What he is stating is in most cases plain wrong. I can see why you are getting annoyed. If you are not careful, you will get dragged into a futile discussion with this idiotic amateur."

PS I hate bold typing. ;D

robert meldrum

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2009, 09:35:36 pm »
Think we've been here before with Mr Allen !!!

Tre Allen

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2009, 09:36:29 pm »
Jim, Just posting statistics and results of success, please don't take it so personal. I'm sorry if you've taken offense at my post.  That was never my intention.  On the other hand, I just wanted to try and present the hard facts of the matter.  If that has upset you then I apologize.  I don't want this to turn into a slanging match.  I am very good at what I do and want people to see that. And the next time I am in the UK, drinks are on me  :D

Even more statistics in the bunch below.

Well, www.refreshcarpetcleaning.co.uk just got ranked better in Yahoo.co.uk & Bing.co.uk (which is MSN) for keyword phrase 'Carpet Cleaning Edinburgh;

Check results:

Page 1, Rank #1:   http://www.bing.com/search?q=carpet+cleaning+edinburgh&go=&form=QBLH&filt=all&qs=n

Page 1, Rank #2   http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=carpet+cleaning+edinburgh&fr=yfp-t-501&ei=UTF-8&rd=r1

Robert Watson

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2009, 10:04:06 pm »
the domain, www.refreshcarpetcleaning.co.uk  is over a year old, which I`m sure you will know is a Very important factor.
Your results would be a lot more impressive if it were a new domain.
Rab
The Kitchen Door Centre

Jim Gibbard

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2009, 10:53:02 pm »
Jim, Just posting statistics and results of success, please don't take it so personal. I'm sorry if you've taken offense at my post.  That was never my intention.  On the other hand, I just wanted to try and present the hard facts of the matter.  If that has upset you then I apologize.  I don't want this to turn into a slanging match.  I am very good at what I do and want people to see that. And the next time I am in the UK, drinks are on me  :D

Even more statistics in the bunch below.

Well, www.refreshcarpetcleaning.co.uk just got ranked better in Yahoo.co.uk & Bing.co.uk (which is MSN) for keyword phrase 'Carpet Cleaning Edinburgh;

Check results:

Page 1, Rank #1:   http://www.bing.com/search?q=carpet+cleaning+edinburgh&go=&form=QBLH&filt=all&qs=n

Page 1, Rank #2   http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=carpet+cleaning+edinburgh&fr=yfp-t-501&ei=UTF-8&rd=r1

Tre,
From where I am looking, that was a personal attack, however you try to soft-soap it. You were not just posting statistics, you were using apparent friends as email posters to belittle my posts and quite honestly be rude.  If that is your business ethics, be sure they will find you out - What goes around, comes around.  I don't think you even read my first post properly anyway.  You were contradicting yourself throughout your reply in your eagerness to get over"YOUR" point. 

I, for one, would certainly not do business with you.  I would class you as a taker rather than a giver.  To my mind, a business transaction should consist of both of these elements.  Even after your heartfelt apology, you could not resist throwing in a few more useless statistics could you.  I can read you like a book!!
Sorry, I'll have to pass on the drink.

P.S. I am only sorry I got myself into this negative scenario with you.

Jim

www.spic-n-span.co.uk

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2009, 11:25:31 pm »
Who's up for a challenge?

All this Guff about someone else don't know what they are talking about etc etc.

Why not get a new domain, get non paid for traffic and see who makes the most dosh in a month?

Now that would be very revealing.

You can even use Adsense if you want Jim. ;D 

Jim Gibbard

« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2009, 11:34:01 pm »
Mike,
Great idea!!!

Just present us with a domain name and each to his own SEO thing!!

Like Del Boy Says " Who Dares Wins"

I'm up for it!!

Jim
www.spic-n-span.co.uk

Tre Allen

Re: New website New
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2009, 11:37:17 pm »
Who's up for a challenge?

All this Guff about someone else don't know what they are talking about etc etc.

Why not get a new domain, get non paid for traffic and see who makes the most dosh in a month?

Now that would be very revealing.

You can even use Adsense if you want Jim. ;D 

I am up for the challenge, especially if you want to bring up a pink slip for a truckmount haha  ;D  ;D  ;D

We should first have a cleanitup.co.uk contest, then present the winner with one of the websites and 2nd place gets the other.

Perhaps best video contest or something in that nature.

Because once we have the winners, then we know what areas in UK to target.

Just a thought.