spencer davies

Wonder Wand
« on: January 17, 2008, 04:26:49 pm »
Just took delivery of a wonder wand, the drying times are amazing, I used it today with one of our Speedster machines, even after owning a Scorpion, I am surprised by the water recovery.

I usually take info supplied by manufacturers with a pinch of salt, but this one is true.

:)

S

Joe H

Re: Wonder Wand
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 04:33:35 pm »
Spencer, today I tried again the 2 jet wand I bought with the Scorpion you sold.
Did my best and persevered, but half way through I changed it for my Wonderwand.
Good bit of kit!  Certainly worth the money (as prices go these days).

spencer davies

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 04:45:10 pm »
Superb bit of kit, the wand that comes with the Scorpion is a bit...... flimsy, it is not as good as the Speedster standard wand, and certainly not the wonder wand.

S

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 05:48:43 pm »
off your topic slightly Spencer,

but why have you changed from scorpion to speedster?
I was under the assuption scorpion were the b*llocks

I have heard good and not so good regarding wonderwand, yet to try myself

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 05:59:52 pm »

After you tried the Wonderwand, you need to try the Wonderwand and Scorpion together.
I got v.good results with the CFR500 Perfect Heat and Wonderwand but now....

spencer davies

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 06:04:28 pm »
The wand that went with the Scorpion that I sold isn't too good, as Joe referred to it, I passed comment.

Considering how much the Scorpion cost, I was surprised that the wand supplied with it was a bit disappointing.

S

mark shannon

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 08:42:29 pm »
How much is a wonder wand/

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 08:43:59 pm »
The wonderwand is a bit special and is unique so 'that' supplier can't replicate it, I had a WW but with my TM it kept locking onto the carpet but it is an excellent wand.

Shaun

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 10:24:06 pm »
Mark - its about £480 inc vat.
Amtech UK main distributor
Got mine from that very nice man in Nottingham - Matt at Cleansmart when I bought my CFR500
Its in their websites if you want to take a look.

Spencer, the Scorpion is now sold as a base machine, you buy the hoses and wand, hand tool as extras. Probably Solutions put a package together for you.
Thats exactly the deal I had with Matt at Cleansmart when I obught the CFR, the bits were add ons and I could have sourced them elsewhere if I wanted.
So glad I got the Wonderwand, and thats why now I am selling the CFR50 without a wand - dont want to part with the W/Wand!  Probably add the 2 jet wand to complete the set up.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 07:41:41 am »
I thought the Scorpion had 2inch hoses , what size hose does wonder wand take.

Reason I ask is looking for new equipment,

and do not want to get new toys and then be disatisfied.

stevegunn

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 08:07:23 am »
The price of the scorpion with wand,tanks,booster and hoses.No heater

£4,254.14  :o :o + vat

Spencer have you not got the scorpion now?

mark shannon

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 08:45:35 am »
scorpion base unit only no tools

£2350  300psi +VAT

£2450 500psi+VAT

I RUN A CROSS AMERICAN RECOIL WHICH IS AN EXCELLENT IF EXTREMELY NOISY MACHINE.  SO EVEN AT THESE PRICES I WOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER THE SCORPION OPTION WHEN ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 08:53:11 am »
Ian,
the original spec for the Scorpion was 1.5"
Now you can have a Scorpion with 2" which Ibelieve increases performance a lot.
Dont know if 2" is the standard or not but you can have 1.5" still.
But dont a lot of the guys reduce down to 1.5" for the last 10'-15' ?

Re your other point, agree its a lot of money then you find you don't like (interesting more then a few have ordered this "new" wand from America shown on here a few days ago - hope they are not disappointed).
Matt at Cleansmart, Nottingham, allows you to try for a week and return if not happy. Have a go.

Steve, thats a lot of kit - I assume you put a truck mount version together, but even its still got portable versatility.
Prices for a good base machine portable.
Base machine is £2350 +vat
Wonderwand  £420 + vat
50' hose set say  £250 + vat
Total £3020 + vat

Still a lot of money - but ar'nt they all too much.

stevegunn

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 10:12:23 am »
Joe

The wands from the US have come recommended by a few t/m's who already have them.

The package was with tanks,booster and 100 ft hoses as quite a few are running them from their vans so yes it was a comprehensive kit.Prowler is only a little more expensive and its portable if need be.

Joe H

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 11:10:37 am »
Yes, I like the looks of the Prowler, as I said before if I were a few years younger.......

Have you had a Wonderwand ?

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 11:17:14 am »
Steve does that come with tanks hoses booster and wand then?

richie

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 11:27:33 am »
I cant understand why anyone would spend near £4500.00 for a Scorpion with all the tanks, hoses and so on ??? 

As already stated you could get more performance from a prowler WITH HEAT for a little extra or a PROPER HWE machine ;D like a HM Spitfire 3.2 for extra £3000.  Yes £3000 is alot of money but look at it in terms of reliability, build quality, power plus it will last years longer before it needed replacing.

Richie.

garyj

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 11:34:03 am »
The price of the scorpion with wand,tanks,booster and hoses.No heater

£4,254.14  :o :o + vat

Spencer have you not got the scorpion now?

Joe

The wands from the US have come recommended by a few t/m's who already have them.

The package was with tanks,booster and 100 ft hoses as quite a few are running them from their vans so yes it was a comprehensive kit.Prowler is only a little more expensive and its portable if need be.

That is an unfair comparison, and as the Prowler is 40% more expensive it's hardly " a little more". The Scorpion is portable as well.

To save any confusion, I don't want either machine and am happy with my Ninja.

Thought this thread was about the WW ???

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 01:28:36 pm »
Yes it is abpoy wonder wand

But I was thinking if you had the Scorpion reduced to 1.5 for last 15 feet would you not be defeating objective of Johns 2 inch hose  design.

Reason I ask is matt has what looks like a good offer with wonder wand and perfect heat and as wonder wand leaves dry do you need three vacs

But the question is which leaves carpet cleaner

Scorpian , Ninja with steam,  or perfect heat .  All with Wonder WAND?

My vans too small for a prowler

Joe H

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 01:44:47 pm »
Ian - Dont know about the Wonderwand leaving the carpet dry - the advert I just seen says....

CFR Wonder Wand
The patented Wonder Wand leaves carpets up to 30% drier than conventional wands.
Even inexperienced operators can clean at high pressures of up to 1000 psi - without over-wetting. In fact with far faster drying times than you ever thought possible with a wet cleaning system.
This wand reduces operator fatigue, gives you better cleaning results, and much faster drying times than your conventional wand - guaranteed.
We're so confident you'll love the Wonder Wand that we're happy for you to try it for 7 days - if you don't like it, just send it back.

So up to 30% drier.
So maybe 3 vacs will be better then 2.

As for the machines - not had a Ninja so cant/wont comment.
Ive had a CFR500 Pro Perfect Heat (now for sale) as I have the Scorpion.
CFR500 Pro is a mighty fine machine and I was satisfied with "dryness" of the carpets,but you always want better and I think the Scorpion is slightly better at the job - how much better I dont know.