Len Gribble

Local free paper
« on: March 04, 2004, 02:15:55 pm »
½ page advert in my local paper this week HWE is out new system in I wont name the company but out of interest does any know of a cleaning solution, which captures dirt and grime to be drawn into a magnetic pad leaving the fibres clean and dry. ??? ??? ??? ???

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ken Wainwright

Re: Local free paper
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 06:40:59 pm »
A magnetic pad would only pick up ferous and possibly nickel soil particles, so I suspect that they really mean that the pad is like a "soil magnet". If my logic is correct, then this would be a low moisture bonnet type system with it's inherent advantages and disadvantages.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 08:07:39 pm »
What like a magna dry type of thing, sounds a bit australian to me  ::)

Shaun

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 09:19:49 pm »
I forgot to add the wife showed me the advert and said who are they trying to kid and the only thing she know anything about is shopping at Bluewater and Bond Street.

Ken I know of the low moisture type systems have seen demo’s on them but I’ve never heard these words used or quotation “using ionisation and magnetism pulls the dirt, dust grease etc from your carpets this process leaves your carpets dry, then they say carpets ready to use in 1 hour from completion. ??? ??? ;D

But what made me chuckle more is the pictures one cleaning a chair the machine looks like your new Yamaha t/m the other one is using my pile lifter but best of all is the curtain man clean man look like a dry forger. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Shaun I don’t think it’s an Australian system will find out

Len

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dave_Lee

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 10:22:39 pm »
To the point are we talking about a "Stain Busting " thing here, that claim to utilise poitive and negative charged chemicals.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

SMP

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 10:54:09 pm »
Dave,
I was going to say stain busters - then I read your reply.  Could anybody elaborate as to how stainbusters clean?

Cheers
Steve Poole

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2004, 11:00:38 pm »
not dry fusion but stain busters who are also known in oz as magna dry

Shaun

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2004, 11:40:20 pm »
If you look on your existing chemical labels and data sheets, or even laundry detergents etc, you will see that all of your surfactants are  charged thus: Anionic (negative) Non-Ionic (neutral) or Cationic (positive). These adverts are playing with words trying to make them appear technically advanced whereas they are really only stating the obvious which applies to all detergent solutions.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2004, 11:46:57 pm »
Dave bring those hand tools tomorrow

Shaun

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 09:10:10 am »
Hi Dave Smp & Shaun

Yes

What I really like about the advert is the dry fogging machine then they quote curtains are dry-cleaned.

Len

Derek

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 10:33:49 am »
Hi Guys

Magna-Dry and StainBusters are completely different franchise outfits although they use similar equipment.

The Magna-Dry system did originate in Australia and I have a feeling that StainBusters was started by someone who was originally with Magna-Dry

Derek

Jim_Lynch

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 11:21:46 am »
I am unaware of any connection between the two companies. I'm not sure if MagnaDry is still operating here - haven't seen their name around for quite a while.
I see some Stain Busters vans around, but they seem to be a fairly small operation here.

Jim
Jim Lynch
ChemDry Supreme
Brisbane,Queensland
AUSTRALIA