Raj

1st Portable Machine-cleansmart?
« on: October 21, 2015, 10:24:50 am »
So Guys after a couple of weeks of deliberation and contemplation,I feel its time to book a course and learn as much as I can. However what s minefield machines etc are...it's like buying a newcar-so many options!!!
As s Leicester lad I'm thinking of doing the cleansmart course in Notts hence having the back up,expertise of them guys just a drive away if I need.
I know they sell the Airflex and steempro range-Any advice on these badboys???(only thing I can state is at this stage no machine I buy would be truck mounted)
Thanks in advance, I know I'm starting proper newbie threads, but the more I read the more confusing it is!!!!

Steven Butler

Re: 1st Portable Machine-cleansmart?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 10:45:24 am »
The course is great and i think your right choosing a local supplier (although i dont!)
Any of the mentioned machines are more than good enough...you will get to see them all on the course so that will give you a better idea mate.

Lewis Newby

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 11:53:32 am »
I use a pro 400psi most days and can't fault it for upto 50' hose runs. I also have the heater and have no reservations in recommending the machine or heater.

For what a steempro costs you'd be crazy not to get the airflex.

Here is a video in use
https://youtu.be/1cGPtzdmaKA

sean oregan

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 12:44:00 pm »
I have air flex storm 100ft hose no problem at all even at 150ft I was impressed.
Matt is a good guy as well.
Also Alltec are worth a look.

tim handley

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 01:15:02 pm »
im using a storm at the moment, i use it from my van most of the time, just run hoses to where you need to be, its a rather awesome machine.......  great back up from Matt, they are local to me so now probs if i need em for help, which so far i havent and im on my second machine from them. I think the only other machines i would look at are the jag and the enforcer............ but thats just my opinion for what its worth....

Raj

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 02:14:37 pm »
As always guys I REALLY appreciate your input.Definetly starting to narrow things down abit from the pretoria of options.
Be good to go on this course and see a few machines in action.

stuart_clark

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 02:46:28 pm »
Raj
I've been in this business twenty five years since july gone I've had a huge array of machines including a truckmount, I bought an all singing all dancing Storm in June this year, I must admit its the best machine I've ever owned bar none ! All the power you need and up to 150 ft quite easily, although most of the time I am happy with 50ft
easy to work on , you can change the water pump in under 15 minuets,  try doing that with Ny of the others ? My last machine as powerful as it was, a pig to work on and changing either motors or pump was a hell of a task

Stuart

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 07:33:32 pm »
Raj,
You might find this useful. It is specially written for newbies. And includes ongoing support via a Facebook group.
http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/0058

Simon

Emil Dinev

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 04:43:27 am »
I don't know if this has been said already in any of your previous threads, but your main concern as a start up is getting clients. Even if you have the best looking and performing machine it won't be any good if sitting in your van. Have you got a marketing strategy? What segment of the general public your aming for, i.e. are going to be the next "i'll beat any quote" guy, or "i'll beat anyone on quality" guy? I think buying Simon's manual is a great idea and a good starting point business strategy wise.

Emil Dinev

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 04:46:16 am »
By the way, If you haven't got a website yet, get one done. Nowadays even my granma is on them tablets all day.

Raj

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 06:37:27 am »
Thanks Emil.
Luckily my mate is a web designer do I'm sure he'll sort me out and I live near not in an affluent area So wouldn't go the £70 all house route!!!

Raj

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 07:20:27 am »
Wonder if Simon could do "special offers" on his manual.. Nudge nudge wink wink!!! :)

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 10:28:35 am »
Raj,
You should see this manual, not as a cost, but as an investment.
People coming into this business seem all too ready spend money on machines and equipment  but know little about carpet cleaning and even less about running a business and are forced to learn both the hard way.

Check  out a recent review on eBay, it might help you decide.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STARTING-A-PROFESSIONAL-CARPET-CLEANING-BUSINESS-Training-Manual-/221921189984?hash=item33ab88a060:g:N34AAOSwhwdVUga5

Simon

Raj

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 01:18:10 pm »
Thanks Simon.
I might give it a butchers.

Billy Russell

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 06:29:01 pm »
I've got to be fair, I bought this book and I've been in the game a long long time, I honestly bought it so I could take the p1$$ out of Simon, but I found myself to actually really enjoy it, I like to read lots of books, this one I found to focus on things that I've felt most others missed out on, glad I bought it

Simon your still a UFEBC :D :D

Raj

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 07:00:01 pm »
Whats a UFEBC???
Is it carpet Cleaning code???

Robin Ray

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 08:08:16 pm »
Simon,

I bought your book too.... you can never have enough information.

Good Read.

Just one thing do you have a link to the facebook  support group?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 08:58:03 pm »
Hi Robin,

I decided to have a Facebook group called, The Carpet Cleaners Lounge, to provide free on-going support , as lot of the people who have bought the manual are complete newbies and could have questions and things they are not sure of that they can put to either myself or other members of the group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/940547029337689/

Simon

Robin Ray

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 09:12:23 pm »
Thanks Simon

Raj

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 07:13:20 am »
Just joined your group Simon.
Which link is the best to get your book...via eBay?
Is there a PDF format downloadable one?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 08:31:35 am »
Hi Raj,
We don't do a downloadable version at the moment, so you can buy it through eBay. Your group membership will then be activated.

Simon