felixthecat

host freestyle
« on: February 27, 2004, 08:56:47 pm »
Can anybody out there please tell me if the host freestyle machine is any good at all and if it is whats so good about it compared with HWE and other carpet cleaning machines

Petersullivan

Re: host freestyle
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 10:49:42 pm »
Hi felix i work very closely with host and its only my opinion but its not as good as hwe but today i carried out a clean of a five bed house and the results were as good if not better on the stairs, than any hot water  system, you have to learn what the product will achieve, in this case it was a white wool carpet. are you thinking of buying one of these machines ? if so i do khow a good supplier.
P.Sullivan

stevegunn

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 11:31:37 pm »
Pound for pound you are better off buying a hwe machine 2800+vat for host machine and you can only clean carpets that kind of money buys you a good hwe machine and you can clean both carpets & upholstery.Yes the host machine is a good bit of kit but there are other cheaper dry clean machines out there that do the same job.

felixthecat

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2004, 10:44:23 am »
thenks for the advice chaps

Dynafoam

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 12:43:07 pm »
Felix,

I completely agree with Steve. A low-moisture system is a useful addition to your arsenal, with HWE as the mainstay.

One 'advantage' of Host and similar systems is that they are fairly idiot proof, whereas use of HWE without proper training can be disasterous.

John.