benny d

Re: Partner companies for new project UPDATE
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 02:17:30 pm »
Is this senario possible?

The customer goes to Jon's website and says yes to the cleaning at £6 per sq meter. Job is booked in with the local CC, who goes round, does the job. Carpets look great etc.
Isnt that CC going to give that customer their leaflet, information, phone number etc. So in future, as the customer was happy with the cleaning done by the CC, wont they just call that CC again, and not go through Jon's site? Efectifly they will only use his site once?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Quite possible  ;)
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

Tony Rowley

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 02:34:00 pm »
You really don't need to speculate, its no big secret, you just have to contact Jon and ask him and I am sure he will furnish you with all the information you ask.

If your not interested you walk away, if you are interested you join in, at this point there is no outlay!

Win win if you ask me, but thats just my opinion.

Good luck Jon

Tony

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 04:05:02 pm »
Why doesn't Jon just put the full details up here , he will have lots of negative comments if he just drip feeds information,

He has chosen to use CIU to recruit carpet cleaners ( has he contacted the owners to ask permission to use CIU for commercial advertising?)

If you want to stop speculation and unfavourable comments then inform the members what it's all about,

Good luck to him with his venture but don't vilify Anyone  who makes comments on a open forum, they have more right to ask questions than Jon does to advertise for free when other companies pay to push their services
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 04:54:46 pm »
I have just checked google for carpet cleaner my area and TACCA comes up now on the first page.  8)
Thought this is a great result considering it isnt in full flow yet, NCCA didnt show up.

If Jonn's site produces work @ £2.50 I would think a lot would be getting a reduced rate to what they normally charge, great if you are quiet or new to the industry.

If it was on my local search @ £6m2 I would put my rate up to £4-5m2, quids in,
I did this when Chemdry appeared local to me. Best thing that happened to the industry.

Guess it depends what your diary is like.

gwrightson

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 05:04:31 pm »

I think its a great idea ,
How can you worry about getting your money ????
The customer pays you as normal, and where do you get the figure £2.25   payment out of £6.00!!!!!!

Some of you must know more than I do  ::)

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Craigp

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 05:19:19 pm »
Peter at £40 an hour if you do it three times faster with you 'productivity' your get three times less money.

Dominic Carnell

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 05:38:19 pm »
But isn't the consumer generally looking for a local operator? Someone they can trust to enter their home? Chem Dry, for instance, are a big franchise/national company, but all their operators put an emphasis on who they are as individuals.

So I think a lot of people may well be put off by a national website sending round 'faceless' operatives, particularly consumers who are willing to pay a higher price for a tradesman they feel they can trust.

This may be slightly less of an issue if you could ever build enough brand awareness in the site, but realistically establishing a national brand costs millions, even in today's age of viral marketing and the Internet!

jon777

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 06:08:52 pm »
Hi all,

I do not wish to abuse the forum by blatantly advertising for free.
The project in question is proving popular with a lot of carpet cleaners and is more of a mutual partnership rather than me selling my wares to the forum users.

What might be an idea is this:

Those who are genuinely interested in participating in a new project, and if the info I have already given is acceptable then email me and we can communicate from there!
Those who are more curious and not seeing the value in what I have suggested so far- Wait a few weeks until the project is live and we can talk then, if it grabs you.

What I can say is that the carpet cleaners involved in the project take 2/3 the value of the job and the 1/3  is used to market that operator and cover costs.  We do also get paid from this 1/3 but thats just fair....we all got to eat! .....as I mentioned before no winners or losers in the project , good value all round I think is the key!

(that 2.50 by the way is the 2/3 so the site charges at 3.75)

jon@huntscleaning.com

Neil Jones

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 06:54:53 pm »
People are very quick to make assumptions when they don't know the full details. Why don't you message Jon and find out, then if you feel the need you can tear it apart.
I think it's a great idea, it doesn't cost anything therefore how can I possibly be out of pocket? It's priced generously so you won't be working for peanuts either. If it works we win, if it doesn't then it's not cost me anything.

Craigp

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 07:28:43 pm »
24p a square foot generous ? (12x12 room = £34)

Its not like dirt cheap but its not generous

(2.50m2 is 24p a foot)

JandS

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 07:51:37 pm »
Craigp

Minimum charge £66 I think he said w/o looking
back on the post.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

gwrightson

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 07:58:57 pm »
24p a square foot generous ? (12x12 room = £34)

Its not like dirt cheap but its not generous

(2.50m2 is 24p a foot)

Craig  ,
before you come to conclusions, i suggest your look into it in a little more detail,

ie. like  a minimim charge of £100.

and lets be honest  not to many rooms are as small as that , take a room  12x18  hardly big, equated to £52, 00
well i can assure you  i wont be sniffing at that, how ever if you are obviously  making so much already ,its not for you.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Craigp

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 08:23:53 pm »
I like to work direct for my customers and 24p a foot is quite a lot lower than what I charge. thats why I'm not calling Jon, and seeing Jon is a fellow fast tracker I know he wouldn't either  ;)

No offence as I know it will be inline with what others charge on here anyway, each to their own.

JandS

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 10:47:05 am »
WTF is a fast tracker.... ???
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Dennis

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 12:41:13 pm »
WTF is a fast tracker.... ???

Fast Track was a marketing system from Alltec.

benny d

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 04:22:38 pm »
Anthea Turner was the face of Fast Track.
I know coz when I joined I got a free Flake!
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

wynne jones

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 05:34:43 pm »
Anthea Turner was the face of Fast Track.
I know coz when I joined I got a free Flake!

Well it got marieanne faithful plenty of publicity.   ;)
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

*Hector*

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 05:37:57 pm »
That flake wasn't a snickers....

It was a Mars Bar  ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

wynne jones

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 05:52:15 pm »
That flake wasn't a snickers....

It was a Mars Bar  ;D ;D

;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Max Campbell

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 07:39:37 pm »
Much too cheap, and do you really want to encourage some third party to get higher Google rankings than you? I think, as has been said, this may get a first job (at a low price) - from then on, if the guy doing the job's got any nouse, he'll deal direct.