Richard Joyce

Airflex storm
« on: November 10, 2012, 08:40:39 pm »
Could anyone tell me the weight of the airflex storm and any reviews would be great.
Richard

Richard Cole

Re: Airflex storm
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 10:32:56 pm »
Had mine since March and it is great :)  Weight wise, well not really a problem as I never actually lift it, I tip it up to get on van and then wheel it on, i must admit it is a little bit heavy if you need to clean flat's and take up stairs, but i have done it and it can be a little bit heavy in these circumstances but still manageable. I don't know the exact weight but i would put it around 50kg - 55 kg. I looked at several machines and narrowed it down to this or the Jaguar and I felt this one best fitted my circumstances. 

If I had the choice again now with the other new machines that have come on the market I would still go for it, never let me down and does a fantastic job. Started with an Airflex Pro then had a Scorpion and lastly the  Storm, all three machines did me proud but I know which is my favorite :)
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Richard Joyce

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 10:58:59 pm »
Thanks for the reply can you tell me what the remote is like on it, when turning the machine off from a distance and do you use the 2in vac hose if so what's it like.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 01:04:23 am »
2" hose will be a lot less restrictive to maximise airflow especially over long hose runs (50 ft +) The remote connects to the power cords and control the vacs and pump and work with a key fob. If you have the auto empty it will dump water everytime the vacs are turned off. BTW you do not have to be on long hose runs to use the remote, it becomes a habit and I use it all the time.

Joe W Brown

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 02:20:44 am »
Where flats are concerned I have over 100foot of hose with my Storm and a remote control.

I havnt had to lift it up stairs yet. Most flats i'll either bring pipes up the stairs or go through the window.

Richard Cole

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 09:20:49 am »
Where flats are concerned I have over 100foot of hose with my Storm and a remote control.

I havnt had to lift it up stairs yet. Most flats i'll either bring pipes up the stairs or go through the window.

where do you plug it in?   Aren't you worried that some toerag will walk off with your machine?
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 09:59:10 am »
Plug into nearest sockets, machine is just outside or on the van. Get some descent heavy duty ext cords (3000watts). If you're worried about your machine going walkies use a cycle lock and chain it to something. I also have a couple lifting eyes one fixed on the side door the other on the bulkhead. Allows the door to be open enough, Hoses & exhaust pipe outside the van.

Richard Joyce

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 10:27:54 pm »
This is what's stoping me from buying one I do a lot of flats and would need to lift it up the stairs i have a powermax at the moment and that's heavy enough the jag is a lot lighter so that might be the answer has anyone tried the jag and the storm so could give a comparison ???

Andrew@Approved Carpet Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 10:32:31 pm »
[quote author=Richard C link=topic=160870.msg1337544#msg1337544 date=1352586776 

If I had the choice again now with the other new machines that have come on the market I would still go for it, never let me down and does a fantastic job. Started with an Airflex Pro then had a Scorpion and lastly the  Storm, all three machines did me proud but I know which is my favorite :)

[/quote]

That has answered a question i had, many thanks Richard. :D
Andrew
Approved Carpet Cleaning of Flitwick
www.carpetcleaningbedfordshire.co.uk

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 12:07:57 am »
This is what's stoping me from buying one I do a lot of flats and would need to lift it up the stairs i have a powermax at the moment and that's heavy enough the jag is a lot lighter so that might be the answer has anyone tried the jag and the storm so could give a comparison ???

you can buy the Airflex Storm with either a 800psi pump or a 350psi or a 200psi. The 200psi and 350psi pumps are alot lighter than the 800psi so you will save weight there there as well as being cheaper to buy.

200psi is more than adequate to clean carpets plus you'll have the powerful 6.6 vacs.

I've ordered the Airflex Storm, shoiuld be with me this week :) looking forward to putting it through its paces.

Tony

Chris Straker

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 06:24:08 am »
When there is little difference in cost, weight, performance and service ....... you have to go with your gut feeling.
No amoumt of listening to peoples opinions, should sway you, as they will all be biased in one way or another ........... living to regret any choice further down the line, is something that is your weight to bear (no pun intended)  ;)

vince viola

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 06:51:14 am »
I had an Airflex turbo but was too heavy for flats, so I bought a Jag which is a lot lighter and better balanced.
However, it is still not as lightweight as a powermax.

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 05:43:27 pm »
Hi Tony (Carpet Dawg)

What model did you go for 200/350/800 psi pump ?

Will go for the 200 psi pump...when its my Birthday  ;D

Keep us informed when you get it / use it.

Richard

Paul Moss

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 07:31:06 pm »
'Tony, when did you order it? I ordered the 800 psi model last wed, but when i phoned today i could not get a delivery date.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 07:34:02 pm »
You need to pump some iron Vince!! (said in my best Arnold Schwarzenegger accent!)

Richard

I bought the 800psi one mate. Just to show off really  ;D I still stand by my comment of 200psi being more than enough.

I also do a ton of flats, 3rd and 4th floors but i usually leave water in the machine between jobs (i over fill) so I usually have 10 or 15 litres of solution in the tank when bringing it up stairs.  So going to start draining.

p.s. if you dont need the auto pump out and remote  feature on the Airflex you'll save about £300.  ;)

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 07:42:10 pm »
'Tony, when did you order it? I ordered the 800 psi model last wed, but when i phoned today i could not get a delivery date.

I ordered it last Monday mate. Spoke to Matt today and it'll be ready to ship out tomorrow, so should be with me this Wednesday or Thursday.  I think they build them up from scratch when they get an order in.

By the sounds of it they have sold a few recently.

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 09:09:41 pm »
Cheers Tony

Might have a chat with Matt then..Just looking for a machine to do longer hose runs for block work so no need for auto pump out /remote and save some money cheers for that  ;)

Richard