Doug Holloway

Apology
« on: June 21, 2012, 09:05:39 pm »
Hi Guys

Steven Lawrence owes Susan Dean a big apology, I expect it to be forthcoming.

Doug

Garyj

Re: Apology
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 09:15:20 pm »
You can ban me for my reply, I wouldn't want to belong to a forum that has Stepehen Lawrence from Dry & Clean, Hampton, London as a member.

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 09:16:49 pm »
Certainly wont be passing any work his way either Gary

Doug Holloway

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 09:20:11 pm »
Hi Guys

He has his opportunity which will show his character.

Doug

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 09:39:52 pm »
Crossed the line with a comment like that we don't need him on this forum.

TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Hilton

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 09:47:45 pm »
Totally inapropriate but don't become a lynch mob, probably didn't think through the comment.
As Doug says give the guy a chance to retract....

Gary Longley

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 10:01:59 pm »

Umm, just read the quote bit and I'm shocked at that comment. Even I wouldn't go that low  :(

steven Banks

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 11:32:24 pm »
An Apology is certainly needed. There’s too much sh*t flying about on here sometimes

There’s an old saying “if you can't say anything nice, don't say it"
I knew that the "price war" thread would stir trouble of one sort or another.

Garyj

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 12:20:40 am »
Yeah, but a big difference though between a heated debate, banter and a laugh and what that idiot said. It's not even if you can give him any slack for his age or anything, he must be in his 50's. Also what he said had no relevance to the thread, it was just a sick personnel comment from an ignorant nobody. 

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 07:14:42 am »
what Steven said  was unforgivable, and showed a complete lack of judgment, but looking back at his past posts this looks out of charector.

we've all said things that we later regret and often the embarrassment of what we've said makes it dificult to take the appropriate action.

my adivce to Him would be be honest admit this was posted in haste without totally apprecaiting how the comment would be taken and just say ......sorry
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 07:28:18 am »
Well put Mike

Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Gary Longley

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 09:37:57 am »

Send him to the TOWER!!!!

[like]

jasonl

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 10:41:11 am »
The statement has been removed. However the thoughtless moron who said it ........ has not.

I agree the thread was quite heated, and was actually very entertaining right up until that comment.

10 hours later and still no apology though.

Get rid of the idiot who is not man enough to admit and apologise for a crass bad taste personal comment.

The statement is still present in Quotes , I think the mods need to apologise for  not explaining how this  , the worst ever comment on here is being dealt with , me and at least 2 others are leaving if it is not dealt with promptly.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Mike Halliday

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 11:48:12 am »
Jason this topic was started by Doug so he has a chance to apologies  if he does not he membership of CIU will be rescinded we could delete all mention of what he said but doesn't erase the the fact that he said it.

what action would you feel adequate?

if you feel our action is inadequate or not done quickly enough then you are quite within your rights to leave....what a sad loss that would be

Mike Halliday

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 11:59:51 am »
but i will add if you are anyone believes the action (or lack of action) by the moderators has been inadequate, inflamed the situation  or has caused any further insult to Susan then on behalf of the moderators   i do sincerely apologies.

i think the quicker Steven apologises the better, then this incident can be put behind us and we can get back to the real purpose of CIU carpet cleaners helping other carpet cleaners

jasonl

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 12:03:10 pm »
Fair play Mike , but can you imagine if someone said that about a family tragedy of yours?

I dont know exactly what I would do about it , but I have got a good idea .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

james roffey

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 12:14:12 pm »
I did hesitate before being critical of Susan's grammar and spelling, realising my own is not that good at times. But i did genuinely believe that her customers may be put off by it, seeing it as unprofessional, also if the subject of her post her attitude and contradictory argument had not irritated me the way it did, then perhaps i would have said nothing.
However i regret it now because of what was said as a consequence of my own post about Susan's spelling and grammar, it was an incredibly insensitive remark that was made, and i hope that an apology follows very shortly.
We all know that this forum can become quite heated at times but lets not forget it is an invaluable tool to many of us and for the most part the members are friendly and respectful, the vast majority who use it stay within the boundaries of decency.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 12:15:07 pm »
Jason yes it is an horrendous comment.

but just in my opionion (which might not be shared by other members or the Mods) is people make mistakes, we've  all done it.......

"but its our action afterwards that defines the person we are"

years ago I called my father in law a greedy Cu*t.   The next morning i was so ashamed at what I said I cried as I apologised( but I did apologies)  now my father in law has accepted my apology and it is never mentioned.

if Steven  does'nt do the right thing, he will be banned

Derek_Walker

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 01:48:00 pm »
Everyone needs to remember that they are dealing with real people on this forum even though you cannot see them. There may be differences of opinion and heated debates, but we should at least treat each other with respect.

Craigp

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 02:41:08 pm »
I think he should have the chance to apologise. We all make mistakes also he could have been drinking, not an excuse but people don't think so straight then.

Banning him with no second chance, and a chance to retify things would be too harsh IMO.

Otherwise we would all be just one daft comment away from a ban, and man there be a lot of bans then! Lol