Wayne Dean

Childrens "Bubble foam liquid"
« on: May 11, 2010, 07:22:33 pm »
Have been asked to quote for commercial carpet cleaning(store), went to view and was astonished that what I thought was Vinyl flooring was in fact the actual carpet I was quoting! It was a prime example of "pub carpet blacktop" but so much more severe then any blacktop I have seen over the years. It turns out that what created this awful bloody mess is a childrens bubble machine and obviously the fluid from the bubbles has been settling on the carpet over the past couple of years leaving a sticky residue that has been attracting all sorts of nastiness. It is covering quite a large area and I have a few ways In which I know how to tackle it without causing too many probs. I'm asking for a heads up if there is any chemical that you guys have used in the same situation and with great success?

Many thanks in advance

Wayne  :)

sherco

Re: Childrens "Bubble foam liquid"
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 07:24:52 pm »
Need some defoamer in your machine for that one...
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 08:32:01 pm »
Once did a night club where they had a foam party, bloody nightmare!!

It foams up your machine quickly and I have a Tm so teh tank is bigger, you just about think you've got it all out and then you get a call back to say that it's re soiling quickly as the foam isn't all out!

I would apply defoamer directly to the carpet and also put some in the clean water tank and dirty water tank.

Shaun

Michael Smallwood

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 08:35:46 pm »
Loads of anti foam and possibly several visits unless it will stand a huge flow of water to flush it in one go.

What sort of carpet is it? Some antifoam on the carpet would help.

Also seek a disclaimer if you do go for heavy flushing. I know that disclaimers are not always worth anything but it can get the customer in the right mindset.

Cheers

Mike
Mike Smallwood

www.mascleaning.com

Jason Ryan

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 09:13:05 pm »
Done a simular job before (commercial kids store), loads of soap residue resulting from bubble machine. Mixed up some defomer as a prespray and sprayed it down on worst areas, aggitated and extracted. Repeated if neccesary and then put down usual pre spray.

Also make a good mix of defomer in a jug 1st and suck it up with the hose to line the pipes, keep checking the machine recovery tank every so often for foaming.

Cheers

J

Wayne Dean

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 09:38:09 pm »
Really appreciate all your replies lads

To be honest everything you have said is how would I approach the work and to be honest probably the only way!

I will let you know the outcome in due course

Wayne  ;)