Iain macdonald

will hypo damage artificial grass
« on: March 02, 2017, 01:20:26 am »
got area to clean in a back garden that realy need use hypo on but the run off water is going run onto artificial grass  will it damage it

Mike Halliday

Re: will hypo damage artificial grass
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:30:52 am »
I've done 4 jobs with artificial grass and hypo has not done any damage.....  but don't take this as a definitive answer.

I would apply neat hypo to an off cut or small inconspicuous area before I start cleaning and leave it, when I've finished powerwashing I would check it, if there's no damage I  would continue
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 11:16:16 am »
Reminds me of a render softwash job I did. I rolled up the artificial grass away from the wall of the house  just to be on the safe side. lol

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 11:34:29 am »
I've done 4 jobs with artificial grass and hypo has not done any damage.....  but don't take this as a definitive answer.

I would apply neat hypo to an off cut or small inconspicuous area before I start cleaning and leave it, when I've finished powerwashing I would check it, if there's no damage I  would continue

Also you should be able to get hold a different types of artificial grass free samples from your local supplier to have a play with.