MWCS

Van Vandalised
« on: June 18, 2005, 03:52:04 pm »
I was woken up last night by the sound of someone PRAT jumping on a metal roof and whistling, when i got out of bed and looked out the window it was MY VAN  >:(

By the time i'd got dressed and gone outside he'd gone. I was close to tears, he'd dinted my bonnet, the cab section and the roof.

I got back in bed but was in such a foul mood I couldn't sleep
I came down to make a brew and heard what sounded like the back door of my van trying to be opened (fitted a hasp and stable and enclosed round padlock 2 weeks previous  ;D) I open the door and it's the same lad trying to break into my van I launch myself out the door and confront him and ask whats he doing and he said..........................

"It wasn't me"

it was at that point that the police turned up (one of the neighbours had called them) and he ran into the house opposite mine......................... He's my neighbour!!!!!!!

He's only a young lad (bout 18 or 20)and about 5 stone wringing wet. You could see he'd had something that night, he was wasted. I'd hate to think what would have happened if that police car hadn't turned up.

Every cloud has a silver lining though, the police told me to get a quote for the van to be fixed and I can claim it back through criminal damages, it's gonna cost about 3k to fix all the damage and it's got to have a full respray  ;D oh and when they searched his house they found all kinds of  "naughty" things so he might be getting more than just a slapped wrist.

WINDOW CLEANER 1
SCUMMY NEIGHBOUR 0

Paul Coleman

Re: Van Vandalised
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 04:08:20 pm »
I was woken up last night by the sound of someone PRAT jumping on a metal roof and whistling, when i got out of bed and looked out the window it was MY VAN  >:(

By the time i'd got dressed and gone outside he'd gone. I was close to tears, he'd dinted my bonnet, the cab section and the roof.

I got back in bed but was in such a foul mood I couldn't sleep
I came down to make a brew and heard what sounded like the back door of my van trying to be opened (fitted a hasp and stable and enclosed round padlock 2 weeks previous  ;D) I open the door and it's the same lad trying to break into my van I launch myself out the door and confront him and ask whats he doing and he said..........................

"It wasn't me"

it was at that point that the police turned up (one of the neighbours had called them) and he ran into the house opposite mine......................... He's my neighbour!!!!!!!

He's only a young lad (bout 18 or 20)and about 5 stone wringing wet. You could see he'd had something that night, he was wasted. I'd hate to think what would have happened if that police car hadn't turned up.

Every cloud has a silver lining though, the police told me to get a quote for the van to be fixed and I can claim it back through criminal damages, it's gonna cost about 3k to fix all the damage and it's got to have a full respray  ;D oh and when they searched his house they found all kinds of  "naughty" things so he might be getting more than just a slapped wrist.

WINDOW CLEANER 1
SCUMMY NEIGHBOUR 0

Sorry to hear about that.  I hope you get your money.  Is your van insured fully comp?  Don't forget to claim your no claim bonus off the little sh**e if you need to claim on your insurance.

matt

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 05:03:25 pm »
D oh and when they searched his house they found all kinds of  "naughty" things so he might be getting more than just a slapped wrist.

first off, sorry about your van, no need for it

secondly, the quote above, what you mean, kinky underwear and sex aids ?? ?? ?? i expect he will get more than a slpped wrist with "big bubba" inside  :o

MWCS

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 07:02:22 pm »
He was growing weed in his house!!!!

Think i've done the neighbourhood a favour, wonder if i'll get a medal?

marc al

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 09:51:11 pm »
  wait for it all to pass, maybe a year or so, then teach him a lesson the authorities won't.

denzle

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 10:49:35 pm »
And i wouldn't hold your breath about getting compensated either, the court may award it but if he don't pay..... either that or he will elect to pay at a pound a week.

Denzle