Salmon

MOVING TO WFP
« on: June 16, 2005, 08:45:22 pm »
I'm getting an RO system and water butt set up in the laundry room in house.  I heard that there was some 'waste' with Ro systems.  What is the watse and how do I extract it.  Is is easy to fit a ball cock systemto the butt ensure auto shutt off??

Thanks

garry

Re: MOVING TO WFP
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 08:50:54 pm »
waste is the waste water you will have a hose for the waste just put it over drain.

Salmon

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 08:58:35 pm »
Sorry I'm confused.  When you say waste dou you mean excess water when the butt is full?? If i fitted  ball cock presume there would be no 'waste'????

Sorry if I'm being thick.

Roy Harding

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 09:26:25 pm »
There is water that does not pass through the R/O unit and takes away the impurites that are filltered out, and this has a high tds and is to go down drain.

Roy

Salmon

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 09:36:13 pm »
Thanks Roy.

So I will have an in pipe from mains, and two out pipes then?? One for pure water into the butt and one for waste??  Correct??

Does the waste pipe need to be connected to a drain or can it be left loose on placed over the toilet (10 feet away) .  I am having my wash basin in the laundry room taken out so presume I could connect thewaste pipe to the old sink waste pipe??  Possible???? sensible???

s.hughes

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 10:06:57 pm »
Is there any chance that somebody can give us all a photo of their filter system set up.
I think it would answer quite a few questions if we are able to see one.
If somebody would be so kind.

Steveyboy