poleman

new van & signage what do you think?
« on: June 11, 2005, 10:29:14 pm »

Andy

poleman

Re: new van & signage what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 10:40:43 pm »
Jaws :D I clean window on commercial building only and only use a ladder once a year and now that has been knocked on the head by the company because of the WAHD, if I can get away with out using ladders after being up them for 17 years, then I will but as you mite know not always easy, but end of the day life is easy and safer using poles.

Andy

poleman

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 10:52:14 pm »
I was one for many years but have employee's that earn to pay to have the van, and business unit, I have a pure water system in the unit that produce's 1000lts ever hour and fourty mins, (17'000lts 24 hours) I am looking to have 10 vans on the road in the next 3 to 5 years.

Andy

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 11:46:24 pm »
Andy,

The photos are the 'dogs wobbly-bits'. Give me a few (ten or so) years and I hope to be in the same league as you.

For the present, we're still on ladders and I have magnetic window cleaning signs that stick onto my car!

Don't laugh!  You've got fifteen years on me!

Regards

Tosh.

poleman

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 11:57:11 pm »
'dogs wobbly-bits'.
  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stick with it mate like you was a one man band, put in the hard work, time and learn as you go along and you will get there, if you say you are going to do it your half way there ;)

Andy

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 12:04:46 am »
Yeah, looks lovely.

I'd love to be able to run a van, as that would mean I could have something tasty like a Supra or something  for my leisure time which I can't put ladders on!

Don't fancy going to work in something which does 20 to the gallon either! :'(

Guess I'll have to put my prices up more! ;)

Roger.

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 09:23:40 am »
I think the van looks great. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the graphics cost?

Someone said to me years ago your van is the cheapest advert you will ever have if you use it right.

I think your van proves the point.

s.hughes

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 10:07:51 am »
Ploe man
What a van, WHAT A VAN.

Steveyboy

danny mckim

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2005, 12:22:35 pm »
Fantastic mate, best windowcleaning van ive seen and ive saw a few.You must be very proud to drive this. Maybe this now proves that windowcleaning can be big buisness if you are determined enough.

well done again

Danny

poleman

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2005, 01:44:13 pm »
Vince,

You mite have guessed it was not cheap, but part of get my name out there I was looking for some thing that would stand out, now who does the like of Dyno Rod and the best looking Franzchies companys get there signage done, firstly it done by a design company and then handed of the sign company, as for cost, more than a thousand pounds, but I have never had my vans sign wrighted before and as they say it will pay for its self.

Danny

Indeed, I would agree window cleaning is changing and becoming ever more professional, when you spend good money on a WFP system you wont a return on your Investment, I have been a window cleaner for all most 20 years and at one point was going to give up because I had it risking my neck every day up a ladder but from buying a WFP system I have never looked back and fallen in love with my job now :D

Andy 

Simon Carter

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2005, 04:22:42 pm »
Impressive van. Impressive water production also.
What have you got that produces that volume of water?.
Onwards and Upwards...

poleman

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2005, 04:43:00 pm »
Indeed, I got the system from Brodex it took them 3 days to install and it is very big, my long term business plan is to have 10 vans on the go, with this new system it will easily do this, it works on micro siemans not TDS.

Andy

texas girl

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 04:21:24 am »
Poleman:

I like your name a lot :o. The van is beautiful, and I know you have paid your dues.

"POLEMAN"  Oh my!

;D
Debbie

Old_Master

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005, 11:14:45 am »
Andy
You are truly unique in the window cleaning world.

Whilst everybody else is looking to budget on business equipment you choose to invest in the most expensive options available.
I hope your investment's pay off.
As the saying goes "speculate to acumilate".
Glyn

kcc

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 05:30:27 pm »
Youv'e excelled yourself this time andy a SMART van
for a SMART company good on yer !
Still awaiting quote from swindon tho
keith

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 04:13:14 pm »
just one observation..and only an observation you use wfp wouldnt it have been good to have that on your vehicle so when passing potential customers see it they could ask you about it?ladderless could mean you only do ground floor windows but it still looks good

newlook

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2005, 06:23:21 pm »
Hi mate could you tell me what typ of company did your van, i have just got a new van and like to get sorted properly

Peter
NFMWGC 2996

gaza

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 08:10:30 pm »
personally I THINK ITS RUBBISH

BORING

EGOTISTICAL

NOTHING IN COMMON WITH WINDOW CLEANING

LOOKS LIKE AN ADVERT FOR AREO BAR

THEN I COULD BE JEALOUS,LUVLY JUBBLY JOB PAL MUCH BETTER THAN MY TWO TONE TRANNY VAN,MINE IS NATURAL
RUST AND RED ;D AVING A LAUFF WORTHY OF THE POST OF THE YEAR AWARD.
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

poleman

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005, 08:33:28 pm »
Hi keith
Glad you like the Van, you still not jump in yet? the pure water is lovely ;D

Easy Clean
Good point had not thought of that, however Some have said don’t use Ladderless window cleaning it will restrict your service say from using window cleaning services.

Now Joe public have never hear on ladderless window cleaning and its a big selling point on the van because it makes them think “what’s that” which is what you wont, with your company next to it your on to a winner, the above was also run past my marketing company that I am using and they said ladderless window cleaning. and this week which is the first week on the road we have had a lot of work in so what can I say?

Andy

poleman

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 08:43:11 pm »
Glyn

Have to agree, the 2 nights work we talked about (Risk Ass post) payed for the vin singage, but as you know like ever business all costed.

Debbie

Thank you :) been in business all most 20 years, oh my ;D

Andy