gwrightson

coffee odour
« on: August 10, 2004, 10:13:57 am »
had a call from a customer recently whose carpets i had cleaned 6 weeks ago," oh no i though at first" what has gone wrong :-/
turns out she had dropped a full jar of coffee on her recently cleaned carpet, so obliginglly promised would call as soon as could , extracted all the coffee from carpet no problem.
problem now is i cant seem to get rid of coffee odour from my machine, have tried flushing ,good cleaning and deoderiser through the system , but sthe smell lingers any ideas please
its a cfr by the way
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Re: coffee odour
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 04:12:11 pm »
Hi Geoff,

Spray the inside of the tank with CFR's Deo Reo 30 diluted 1:4 with water. Then vacuum a 10-litre bucket of water with Deo Reo diluted at 1:128 into the machine. Add CFR Defoam to the tank to kill the foam.

Rinse the tank after half an hour.

This should sort out the odour problem but you may need to scrub the inside of the tank before you empty it. Also after rinsing and emptying the machine lightly mist CFR Deo Reo into the vac inlet, and let it run with the vacuum on for a few minutes.

Regards

Steve

gwrightson

Re: coffee odour
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 05:58:56 pm »
many thanks steve
will do as suggested but does seem to be improving
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha