paulchambers

Browning on wool carpet
« on: August 04, 2004, 03:14:15 pm »
Just cleaned a wool carpet which had browning from water spilage around flower pot, i used a de-browning soluttion and i got rid of it but whilst cleaning using see through hand tool, there was a lot of brown waste water coming out of the carpet just kept on coming so will this brown mark wick back eventually  paul

woodman

Re: Browning on wool carpet
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 04:42:26 pm »
Probably will Paul,

where abouts in room is stain situated, are you able to pull carpet back and check backing material,underlay etc.

If you can pull carpet back and you have an airmover clean carpet again( should it return) place air mover aiming under carpet and dry it this way as carpet will dry back to front instead of wicking up to fibre tip you should not get any more problems ;)

paulchambers

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 05:56:36 pm »
Its in a corner of a room i can pull carpet up if neccessary they are putting plant pot back so prbably wont even notice it  thanks for your reply

Dynafoam

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 06:19:10 pm »
I find these stains often impossible to completely remove, since they can consist of cellulostic browning from the backing, tannic acid from the peat in the compost plus possibly black mould and dye from plant food   :( :(

John.

paulchambers

Re: Browning on wool carpet New
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 12:18:44 pm »
I manage to get rid of it using a de browning powder but think it make wick back. i was also chaffed to with a large coffe stain a whole pot of coffee 3 months ago one of the oxi agents was used by the customer . It was suggested on here to rinse first in cold water which i done i then used coffee stain remover and its gone completely   paul