paulchambers

Cleaning Pub Carpets
« on: August 03, 2004, 11:08:04 pm »
Has anyone got any experience in cleaning pub carpets ie what sort of price will they pay , what problem could occur, cleaning times, is wicking a problem, etc etc etc

.  Is a high temperature better.  thanks for any coments  paul

Mark Betts

Re: Cleaning Pub Carpets
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 11:14:29 pm »
see reply on other site
A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

paulchambers

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 11:18:00 pm »
;D

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 12:57:54 am »
OTHER SITE...............is there such a thing  :o

Mark Betts

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 01:08:47 am »
yeah  cleantalk  !!!!! hahahaha

8) 8)

Mark

A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 01:12:00 am »
I do'nt loose any sleep over pub carpets any more, I avoid them like the plague. Far better to build up a good customer base of domestic homes or other commercial work. Pubs change hands too often or else go out of business, you cannot build up a long term working relationship with them.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 02:01:47 am »
They also want TOP level finish for LOW level price :-/
Leave that sort of thing to others to struggle for....... as said before, they will not be run by same people for long and you will have to start all over again.

Dave Parry

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 02:24:11 am »
Can also be slow to pay, and the filthiest carpets ever, a pig to clean. I find if you quote based on the true time it will take, they go to some other mug.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Derek

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 10:09:57 am »
Thanks fellas

At least I got something right  ;D ..I came to the same conclusion some years ago and when I hear/see carpet cleaners arguing over pub jobs and prices I know I made the right decision.

The very last time I did one I never got paid... manager booked me after the survey and quote and I eventually did the job through the night  ...as you do... everyone very pleased with the results.
Manager then sacked for various reasons including a bit of fiddling on the side so the brewery decided they wouldn't honour 'his' contract with me.

Lesson... Always deal with the organ grinder not the monkey!... AND get a written authorisation.

Derek

Dennis

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 03:52:36 pm »
Think i am now put off cleaning pubs

I wonder why!  ;)  I agree with the majority here, I gave up most pubs long ago, the final straw was a big pile of spew in front of the bar first thing on a Sunday morning! (not mine!)  >:(

Having said that if you find a busy family owned, family pub, they can be a pleasure to work for.

cleanability

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 12:04:48 am »
Well I still do pub carpets if my over inflated quote is accepted. I agree with most of what is said here. Apart from very very very dirty carpets I find chewing gum is the biggest problem. It will come off no problem but very time consuming. And so the customer usually cant understand why qoutes are so high with this added problem. Just by coincidence did a pub carpet 11th March and after repeated invoices and phone calls finally received payment tday. So if your looking for a yes or no answer. No don't do them .

Chris