ojd

legal stuff
« on: August 03, 2004, 04:31:18 pm »
Now ive done a fair bit of work in some hotels but yesterday i got a call from a hotel where they wanted a clean of a small hallway with a view to more work upon results. They where happy with results but told me they could not use me again until i can send them copies of COSSH (no idea??????? ) chem assesment sheets or something similar ( are these the data sheets from supplier of chemical breakdown??? )and a statement of method, i know what this is but aquire some assistance on writing one that i would be happy to hand in??? yikes!!! can someone please help with the above as i do not want to lose this custom.
thanks in advance

paul_smith

Re: legal stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 05:53:37 pm »
hi ojd,
COSHH (control of substances hazardous to health)
regulations 1999.
Until you get further better qualified advice my advice would be to contact your chemical supplier and ask him to give you information on every chemical you have,this may be a standard sheet with information such as ;dangers the chemical poses,first aid treatment,how the chemical should be handled,action on spillage,firefighting,storage,toxicolgical info,disposal,transportation,ecological info etc.dont be put off by this list ,your supplier will allready have all of this info on A4 size paper and will give you it.
it is good practice to have an understanding of the chemicals you are using and these sheets will help you achieve this.
When you have chemicals in your van have a copy of these sheets with you,then in the event of an accident you can hand the info to emergancy services,
finally my guess is that the hotel is requesting nothing more, other than to see this info,which shows you are a responsible person and know how to use the chemicals safely.
hope this helps
Paul Smith.