dave washbrook

which upholstery tool
« on: August 02, 2004, 01:56:22 am »
hi all
 i was just looking for some advice on which upholstery tool is best. i know there are lots available and everyone has different opnions. i use the drimaster at the moment but find it quite slow and my water consumption is very excessive.  any advice greately recived.
 thanks
 dave

Dynafoam

Re: which upholstery tool
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 02:27:20 am »
Dave,

My two all-time favourites are the Kleenrite swivel-head, where deep injection is required and the CFR Combi Tool for all other upholstery.

Apart from excellent drying the latter tool, due to having the supply and recovery both within 1/4" means that the tool can be held static on very dirty beads without over-wetting.

John.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 02:42:02 pm »
Dave

I worked for many years with a Prochem "Chisel Head" and was very pleased with it's performance. But my CFR has been a revelation. Alternative, wider heads available which can be changed in seconds, 4 different jet sizes available to suit the needs of the carpet/fabric and they're Q/D too. It's been said by many that this tool can give truckmount drying performance from a portable. I wouldn't disagree.  Water consumption varies according to the jet used, but less than your current tool. An excellent tool available from Amteck UK, World of Clean, A&M in Watford and others too.

Safe, happy and quick dry cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

lee_gundry

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 02:55:55 pm »
cfr

i have 3 of them excellent tool

Lee  G
cumbria

Dave_Lee

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 08:28:33 pm »
CFR and Prochem Delux (TM compat)
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

dave washbrook

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 12:57:21 am »
thanks guys
 thanks for the sound advice it looks like a cfr a will hope to order one tomorrow any advice where's best to buy from.
 thanks again
dave

Mark Betts

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 01:10:32 am »
Whats the minimum psi the cfr tool would operate on?

tA

Mark
A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

Dynafoam

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 01:16:59 am »
Mark,

In a recent conversation with Karl at Amtech, he stated that any pressure from 100psi would be OK, but he thought around 200-250psi to be the optimum for most upholstery.

My own experiments would agree with this.

John.

Mark Betts

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 02:28:48 am »
Thanks John

KEN:

How do you find your cfr with your pro plus?

Thanks

Mark

A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 08:07:05 pm »
Mark

Although only 100 psi, I find the results and speed of cleaning to be excellent. I use an 01 jet for finer fabrics and an 02 for heavier.

My backup machine (also a Pro Plus) has a 135 pump, but I can't detect any advantages over my much older and well worn 100 psi.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Dynafoam

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2004, 09:32:10 pm »
Ken,

If you were to try @ 200-250psi, you would notice a big difference - the speed at which you can move the tool to achieve the same result increases greatly - yet you can still hover on bead etc. without soaking.

John