rob_s

Cleaning waste tank.
« on: August 02, 2004, 01:16:25 am »
Hi everyone,
            Just asking what everyone else uses to clean out waste tanks in their portables, as I have noticed a stale smell from the motor exhaust port when starting a new job. This is even after the use of a disinfectant and especially if the job before contained urine.

Regards rob-s ??? ???

Dynafoam

Re:Cleaning waste tank.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 01:33:01 am »
Hi Rob,

This subject has been addressed recently on another forum.

http://www.another forum.co.uk/?board=cc_issues;action=display;num=1089310039

I hope that I am not breaching forum etiquette by posting this link, should such be the case I apologise in advance and will promptly remove my post.

John.

rob_s

Re:  Cleaning waste tank.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 01:36:08 am »
Cheers John.

Regards rob-s

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 02:47:15 am »
John,
Link only works if you are a member................... :-X
What was the basis of the link, regarding cleaning machine waste tank?
I have short hose attachment that came with my Diamondback and it rinses clean tank water into waste tank...............voila!!

Dynafoam

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 08:22:09 pm »
Hi Chris,

The cleaning hose you have is the best starting point.

The rest of the advice I gave for a machine that has already developed urine odour after cleaning care home was:

After such a job I always sterilise equipment. Any hand tools are dropped into a bucket of steriliser for a while, the exterior of the wand used is sprayed with the same. Then with vacuums running I spray Urine neutralise into the end of vacuum hoses.

I then switch off for a few minutes, re-attach the wand and suck the steriliser from the bucket. After re-draining the tank more urine neutraliser is sprayed/sucked into the solution hoses before putting them away.

I find that this keeps all  the equipment odour free.

For now I would suggest that you at least perform the last stage of this and possibly put a gallon of very hot water in the waste tank, add chlorine bleach, switch on for a few seconds to draw the chlorine gas into the vac units, then leave overnight with closed tank.

For on-going maintenance, get a male connector and screw in a jet or even a hose-tail. this can be plugged into your solution line and used to flush out the tank (drain open) at the end of each job.

Then a quick spray with a bactericidal odour neutraliser around the tank and leave the lid open so that the tank can dry and further inhibit the growth of bacteria.

John.

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 09:13:47 pm »
Cheers John  ;D
Cannot see what is posted at the Pros :P

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 02:06:33 am »
Personally I use buckets of water.

John_Flynn

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 02:37:02 am »
You think you got problems with a portable, wait till you get your Truck Mount 8) 8) 8)
I get better looking each day!!

Dynafoam

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2004, 03:13:26 am »
Ian,

The problem with buckets of water is that they tend to rinse only the bottom of the tank. The hose method Chris and I referred to removes the fluff and slime from all the awkward corners, top and sides of the tank also.

John.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 10:36:50 pm »
I have been experimenting today after having this issue bought to my attention.

Neil Gott

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2004, 12:28:59 am »
I wash out all waste tanks daily and spray with disinfectant. Similar treatment with hoses. Also between jobs following a "stinker"

John highlights the time it takes to give the extra treatment for urine etcetera. This time should be allowed for when costing out the job.
Neil Gott     Southampton U.K.

www.neilgott.co.uk