neil 47

Could you just do this
« on: August 01, 2004, 02:42:27 pm »
How many of you go out to do a quote and get told "yes just this 12x12 carpet to do".
Is that all you want doing "yes thats all".
You then quote them a price, then on the day of the clean, just as your about finnished  I hear those words.
    "COULD YOU JUST DO THIS"
Drives me crazy as this happens on a regular basis.
Are they trying to get a cheap job or are they so impresed  
by the high quality of my workmanship that they want more doing.
How do you lads deal with this.

Neil   ??? ???    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
alltec 40+ cornwall just a new starter  

IICRC

paulchambers

Re: Could you just do this
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 02:44:51 pm »
Neil i would jump and down with joy when this happens to me, by the way i have a job on wednesday only one carpet 250 q ft

paul@ctcs

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 03:40:17 pm »
Niel,

I know what you mean, it's only a problem to me if i have another job booked in with little  time to spare.If nothing else on i'll work it so any other jobs equate to my target of £30 per hour,in which case its all a bonus :)

Paul

Dynafoam

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 03:51:27 pm »
Niel,

If it happens to be the last job of the day, and provided the request is made before I start packing away, I will do the extra.

In other circumstances (except when the additional work is minimal), I decline and make them aware that since a separate visit is required, the cost will be greater that it would have been had they pre-booked.

The majority of customers have, over the years, been educated to consider their requirements before phoning so this only arises with the (rare) first-timers.

John.

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 02:51:10 am »
I will be happy if it happens to me tomorrow, as i have job at the house of The Archbishop of Westminster  ;D
I wonder how many carpets he may want done, once i have finished upholstery  :o

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 07:17:31 pm »
Why not turn it around, and ask when finishing

is there anything else you want doing

might turn a minimum price job into a nice earner, after all you're there and the machinary is all set up, an extra room will only take 15mins :)

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

neil 47

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 08:04:28 pm »
I,ll try that Mike thanks .

Neil
IICRC